What advice would you give for first timers?

Chris Lfc

57 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No, DO look. Stare the long drop pit in the eye until it no longer has any power over you.  

Then, you shall shit in peace.

Staring in to the long drops while you are having a piss is odd (if you are male of the species at least). There you are pissing away and then you'll notice a stream of piss coming from the other side of the long drops. Then you look at the reflection in the pissy poo'ey water and see a load of arses shitting.This is not a good development.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, arcade fireman said:

Start every day with a trip to the flushing toilets up near the farmhouse. Might be a bit of a walk but well worth it. 

When we camped a trip to Flushing Meadows was always a good start to the day.  But remember to take your own paper with you.

Baby wipes, lots of baby wipes. Excellent for a freshen up in the morning along with a quick brush of your teeth. 

I agree with everyone saying fruit cider and wine. Strongbow dark fruits is a sure fire winner. I only took larger one year and regretted it. Tasted like piss water within about 4 hours. 

2 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Don't get food poisoning and spend the first three days of the festival shitting blood in a portaloo.

It will make you stronger person, but I really don't recommend it.

I'd say this is by far and a way the best piece of advice so far 

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

also why a little bottle of hand sanitiser is a must - all it takes is for your hands to get a bit dirty, and then you lick your fingers after eating, and bam, on the shitter for the rest of the weekend

If you get a chance to, always wash your hands with soap.

According to a medical friend of mine it's more effective than the gel, although the gel is a lot better than nothing.

If you're under 20 and going to Glastonbury with your partner think long and hard whether your relationship will stand the test. I've found it quite amusing over the last few years that by Sunday those fledgling relationships look on to be on very dodgy ground. Some in fact look like they want to tear out each others hearts. Glastonbury is after all a test of endurance that some people have trouble coping with ;)

5 minutes ago, GrowlerPhil said:

If you're under 20 and going to Glastonbury with your partner think long and hard whether your relationship will stand the test. I've found it quite amusing over the last few years that by Sunday those fledgling relationships look on to be on very dodgy ground. Some in fact look like they want to tear out each others hearts. Glastonbury is after all a test of endurance that some people have trouble coping with ;)

You find witnessing the sudden deterioration of a relationship 'quite amusing' ?

As a caravanner I've sat at festivals having already set my van up and watched couples arriving.  They get their van level and then begin the process of putting up the awning.  It's then that you wait for 'the domestic' to begin. Usually withing a few minutes one is shouting at the other to hold a pole a particular way or support a bit of the awning.

Couples trying to put up elaborate tents often brings out the same.  So be gentle with your partners at erection time.  Come to think of it, that's not bad advice for the rest of the fest.