Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Spindles said:

I'd be really pleased to have a better option on Sunday night than BMTH.  As it stands I'm waiting to see what the Park, WH and Glade have to offer, otherwise I'm closing my festival with Coldplay.

Grimes! JP Stage! She will save us all.

1 minute ago, Time Being said:

I never really bought the BMTH headlining the Other claims anyways. Reason being, haven't the Other Stage headliners been getting more and more electronicy-y-ish lately?

Well last year they had three dancey headliners but they've had QOTSA doing in recently so I don't think it's a purposefully done thing - think they just take what they can get at that time

As we get towards the end of the work week, I was thinking how fast this whole week has gone. However, it feels like Burn the Witch has been out for months at this point, yet it only came out on Tuesday!

Time, eh?

This new music is not quite as catchy as Burn The Witch is it? I predict BTW will not be on the album, and LP9 will be full of slurred instrumentals. It's rubbish, the band know it's rubbish, which is why they are only playing to 9000 at the Roundhouse. And subbing for Adele.  :P

5 minutes ago, Time Being said:

I never really bought the BMTH headlining the Other claims anyways. Reason being, haven't the Other Stage headliners been getting more and more electronicy-y-ish lately?

Decent point actually. After having Rudimental headline last year and Ben Howard in a sub slot (albeit on a different day) I wondered whether that was a conscious decision to have an electronic headliner every night.

Whilst they're not all dance acts, Disclosure/New Order/LCD Soundsystem all obviously have major electronic components.

God it'd be amazing if LCD end up on Sunday. Muse/Sigur Rós, James Blake and LCD Soundsystem as headliners; Foals, PJ Harvey, Beck, ELO, TLSP, Savages and more elsewhere.

I said a while back that Disclosure could 'close the stage' after BMTH, but that doesn't really fit in with any other info ASIDE from the fact we have 4 Other stage headliners and only 3 slots.

LCD Soundsystem playing after BMTH doesn't sound ridiculous in the slightest imo. AND it means I could see Sigur Ros :D

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Is it bad that the only thing stopping me getting on board this LCD Sunday dream is the fact I still can't see Radiohead before Adele and therefore can't see anyone but Disclosure there.

I feel like the anti to everyone in this thread.

I share the exact same thoughts but I haven't been so vocal, but I completely agree 

5 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I share the exact same thoughts but I haven't been so vocal, but I completely agree 

I agree - I see Disclosure on Other, not before Adele. But it could be any number of named or as-yet-unannounced acts to fill that Pyramid slot.

To be honest, the lineup speculation has been a bit dry this year. I'm mega excited for Glastonbury, but part of the fun for me of going to a major festival is speculating on the lineup. There seems to be very little left to really speculate on, so that's why I'm all aboard the Radiohead subbing Adele train.

It's completely ridiculous, likely won't happen, but it's the most interesting thing left to talk about on here with regards to possible 'big' bands and their placements. 

Just now, jparx said:

To be honest, the lineup speculation has been a bit dry this year. I'm mega excited for Glastonbury, but part of the fun for me of going to a major festival is speculating on the lineup. There seems to be very little left to really speculate on, so that's why I'm all aboard the Radiohead subbing Adele train.

It's completely ridiculous, likely won't happen, but it's the most interesting thing left to talk about on here with regards to possible 'big' bands and their placements. 

I completely agree. After last year's madness, this year has been a little dull - this is the only bit of excitement to grab onto

56 minutes ago, Gman123 said:

From the short snippet of the new song that we get in that video, is anyone else getting a "Silent Hill" vibe from it?

Musically im definitely picking up more of a Super Mario Galaxy feel.