Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

I'd be really pleased to have a better option on Sunday night than BMTH.  As it stands I'm waiting to see what the Park, WH and Glade have to offer, otherwise I'm closing my festival with Coldplay.

Oh crikey, Spindles! Has it come to that?!

I'm sure the line-up will come up with something to save you from that ignoble fate...!

;)

Ben

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, weirdforces said:

Radiohead are on the ACL lineup! They're on festivals all over the world, I just can't believe that they won't do any UK festival this year. I hope they'll announce at least one UK festival date (Glatonbury, cough) when the album is finally released.

This is the main straw I've been clutching onto. Surely this could not happen, as there would literally be no good reason for it that I can see. Also, surely if they where going to play any other UK festival they would be announced by now!!

Therefore, IT MUST BE HAPPENING!!!

Just now, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

This is the main straw I've been clutching onto. Surely this could not happen, as there would literally be no good reason for it that I can see. Also, surely if they where going to play any other UK festival they would be announced by now!!

Therefore, IT MUST BE HAPPENING!!!

Here's your reason: It's RADIOHEAD! That's the kind of nonsensical thing they would do :P

1 hour ago, weirdforces said:

Radiohead are on the ACL lineup! They're on festivals all over the world, I just can't believe that they won't do any UK festival this year. I hope they'll announce at least one UK festival date (Glatonbury, cough) when the album is finally released.

They weren't announced for any UK festivals on the last tour - just made up all the money doing their own shows. And they're only doing about a dozen festivals, half in the US, so it's not like they're everywhere.

Just now, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I honestly don't see why even Radiohead would do this - although I get your point.

From everything we have heard I'm 75% convinced it's happening, in some form at least.

At this point I'll be very surprised if they aren't there in some capacity. 

If Radiohead clash with Chvrches I will cry :(

I will foolishly continue to hope that Radiohead are somehow playing a set after Adele and that's why they ain't being announced.

Honestly I'd rather they just outright headlined next year. They are probably the only realistic headliner I would get excited about.

56 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They weren't announced for any UK festivals on the last tour - just made up all the money doing their own shows. And they're only doing about a dozen festivals, half in the US, so it's not like they're everywhere.

They'll be on three continents, it's a given that I didn't mean literally everywhere, that would be impossible. Of course, some other bands have bigger world tours but it still seems odd to me that they'll be in Japan and Iceland but not at a UK festival for some reason. 

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

amongst other things, I've discovered that the Loaded claim of BMTH headlining is not based on solid knowledge, so it looks like that has as much possibility of being right or wrong as some of the other ideas about who's playing where on that stage.

Hmmm I did have a thought (that I thought was probably wrong) when you re-suggested Radiohead before Adele (and therefore Disclosure obviously on Other) that perhaps Loaded knew that Disclosure, New Order and BMTH were playing the Other Stage on the three separate days and had assumed they were all headlining.

Or, alternatively, those three were lined up as headliners and when LCD Soundsystem became available they were added above BMTH (the obvious one to bump down).

In either situation it would surely mean LCD above BMTH, which is perfect.

Add in the Bastille subbing Disclosure info and it's quite promising.

Any thoughts on these takes?

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Hmmm I did have a thought (that I thought was probably wrong) when you re-suggested Radiohead before Adele (and therefore Disclosure obviously on Other) that perhaps Loaded knew that Disclosure, New Order and BMTH were playing the Other Stage on the three separate days and had assumed they were all headlining.

Or, alternatively, those three were lined up as headliners and when LCD Soundsystem became available they were added above BMTH (the obvious one to bump down).

In either situation it would surely mean LCD above BMTH, which is perfect.

Add in the Bastille subbing Disclosure info and it's quite promising.

Any thoughts on these takes?

God I hope this is the correct scenario. Definitely makes the most sense if Disclosure are actually headlining Other instead of subbing the Pyramid. Makes my festival go from being great but having  fucking awful clashes to being the best festival ever (lineup wise)