Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

the new album isnt really suited to a crowd full of people fizzing at the mouth with wide staring eyes at 2am in the naughty corner though is it? 

“When do people listen to [Radiohead]?” Gallagher asked. “Is it when they go out, or is it when they come in? Because I’m struggling to think.”

Has this been brought up? Third to last paragraph... (don't shoot the messenger, I worked hard for those upvotes) https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/may/31/glastonbury-lineup-new-festival-emily-eavis-interview

They could still be hashing out a deal I guess thus taking out the planned aspect, 'please play radiohead, I'll be your best friend' 'fine we'll play at 4am but we want 5 big dogs and a free t-shirt.'

40 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Well that's why the naughty corner would work as it already has stringent access controls of an evening. It's the one place on site where that's already in place.

So they're going to put on one of the biggest bands in the country on one of the smallest stages in the area thats the most crushed when trying to get into?

Ppme1.gif

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I might as well wrap up my contribution here with how things stand.

I've had a chat with matey, and I simply don't know one way or another about how things might stand or what might have gone on. The info was probably good at one time, but whether it still is I can't say either way.

I'm still inclined to think it's more likely than not.

So you reckon your source gets his info directly from the band yet 3 weeks out from the festival he can't give you a straight answer one way or the other? Ok. Then we have another poster who claimed he got into the after party of the roundhouse and spoke to Thom who gave him a definite no. Judging by what others have said on this thread secret sets by bands as popular as radiohead tend to cause security and overcrowding issues, especially in an area as bottlenecked as the SE corner.

All things considered I'm going to go with it's not happening, and I hope it doesn't because id probably miss it!

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I might as well wrap up my contribution here with how things stand.

I've had a chat with matey, and I simply don't know one way or another about how things might stand or what might have gone on. The info was probably good at one time, but whether it still is I can't say either way.

I'm still inclined to think it's more likely than not.

what did he say today so? that he still thinks it's on? or that all he knows is the info he got before? or that he doesn't know anymore? or what?

3 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Park Stage 22.30 Sunday? Not much chance of a major crush as everyone will be at the headliners on the other stages, By the time they got up to the park it would be over. Any reason the park is finishing early Sunday?

I posted the same question on another thread and apparently it's finished that early a few times in recent years

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

So you reckon your source gets his info directly from the band yet 3 weeks out from the festival he can't give you a straight answer one way or the other? Ok. Then we have another poster who claimed he got into the after party of the roundhouse and spoke to Thom who gave him a definite no. Judging by what others have said on this thread secret sets by bands as popular as radiohead tend to cause security and overcrowding issues, especially in an area as bottlenecked as the SE corner.

All things considered I'm going to go with it's not happening, and I hope it doesn't because id probably miss it!

i've got some family with some strong connections. Does it mean I feel able to phone them up and ask them straight out what's what? Or does it mean I never ever ask but hope I might be told? I'll tell you it's the latter.

My man was at the (one of?) after party too and hanging with the right people, but I know (I've asked) that he didn't ask (while hoping something might be mentioned) and I understand entirely why he didn't. It's different when you know them.

As far as the SE corner goes, while it might not be happening, it's easier to crowd control for something like a 2am slot than The Park was when they played there. It's not the impossibe-to-do that you suggest even if the fest wouldn't allow it because of worries.

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

what did he say today so? that he still thinks it's on? or that all he knows is the info he got before? or that he doesn't know anymore? or what?

he said he's been unable to find out anything further.

He doesn't know either way if it's happening or not. He still believes his original info was good, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's still good today.

54 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

@eFestivals - am I imagining this, or didn't you elude to the idea that somebody at the Emerging Talent Competition had told you (perhaps in a half-joking way) that Radiohead would be playing somewhere at the same time as Coldplay and Earth Wind & Fire?

I can only think you're referring to a joke convo I had with West Holts man that I mentioned in a post, where he said they all lived in the same cupboard in his on-site caravan..

It was a bit more than just half-joking.

Just now, eFestivals said:

I can only think you're referring to a joke convo I had with West Holts man that I mentioned in a post, where he said they all lived in the same cupboard in his on-site caravan..

It was a bit more than just half-joking.

That's the one, never mind then! :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

he said he's been unable to find out anything further.

He doesn't know either way if it's happening or not. He still believes his original info was good, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's still good today.

cool, thanks.

i can't really see how/where they could realistically play now, so possibly they were planning something months ago but decided against it.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

So they're going to put on one of the biggest bands in the country on one of the smallest stages in the area thats the most crushed when trying to get into?

Is it crushed? The queue has always been fairly orderly when I've gone.