Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, russycarps said:

hang on, I've just remembered, I thought radiohead were supposed to be shit, unpopular and irrelevant these days??

They are. Only shit, unpopular bands have sell out London shows with tickets going for £3,000 and a UK number 1 album.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nah. By 2am half the site is in bed, and most of the other half isn't moving very much and certainly not very far.

True. Although why would Radiohead want to play for a bunch of half out of it, half asleep high as kite drunks?

5 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

Yeah, I really don't see them doing a set on one of the nighttime stages. Maybe DJing or something, but not playing a gig. And there isn't a glaringly empty spot on the lineup for them.

I'm utterly convinced it's not happening. 

Yep, we'll get one of thom yorkes appalling dj sets. Where's that video of the radiohead fans gazing adoringly at him while he plays some absolute dirge when you need it.

I love this thread!

The hope, the dwindling false hope. Its like a balloon being deflated very slowly over a few months. Its fascinating to watch.

People need to look at themselves in the mirror. A band, with a fucking insane fan base, a band big enough to headline, playing in the SE Corner? 

Emily: "How about Radiohead for the Hell Stage?"

Nick "Remember last time when loads of tents got trampled and people pissed everywhere? We get big fines for that sort of thing and it puts the festival at risk. Your old boy is already talking about moving the festival because of this sort of thing"

Emily: "Ah fuck it, put them on in a smaller area so. An area thats very difficult to get in and out of making it more dangerous".  

Edited by The Nal

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I love this thread!

The hope, the dwindling false hope. Its like a balloon being deflated very slowly over a few months. Its fascinating to watch.

People need to look at themselves in the mirror. A band, with a fucking insane fan base, a band big enough to headline, playing in the SE Corner? 

Nick "Remember last time when loads of tents got trampled and people pissed everywhere? We get big fines for that sort of thing and it puts the festival at risk. Your old boy is already talking about moving the festival because of this sort of thing"

Emily: "Ah fuck it, put them on in smaller area so. An area thats very difficult to get in and out of making it more dangerous".  

Your point is? :D

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I love this thread!

Emily: "Ah fuck it, put them on in smaller area so. An area thats very difficult to get in and out of making it more dangerous".  

:rofl:

6 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Your point is? :D

haha. Sorry wasn't clear enough!

Basically, anyone who thinks this is a runner, google "Roskilde 2000" & "Glastonbury fence".

Literally not a hope in errr..... Hell (stage). Not a fucking prayer of it happening. They wouldn't even put the Kaiser Chiefs on there at that time. 

Edited by The Nal

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

haha. Sorry wasn't clear enough!

Basically, anyone who thinks this is a runner, google "Roskilde 2000" & "Glastonbury fence".

Literally not a hope in errr..... Hell (stage). Not a fucking prayer of it happening. They wouldn't even put the Kaiser Chiefs on there at that time. 

What I don't understand is why they would want to do it. When they did their 'secret' set they were playing tracks from the new album for the first time, away from the cameras. I don't know why they would now want to play to a tiny crowd in the middle of a tour, when their Roundhouse shows got such good reviews.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Just because - especially Nal :P - will love this so very much.....

I already have someone telling me telling me they're already signed and sealed to headline next year.

:lol:

Mega. Getting harder to get tickets each year, this will make me more determined.

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Just because - especially Nal :P - will love this so very much.....

I already have someone telling me telling me they're already signed and sealed to headline next year.

:lol:

wasn't expecting this so soon! you absolute beauty. obviously thngs are subject to change and could be well off, but i'm gonna take this is as Radiohead 2017 - confirmed! now that the dust has settled, this is the much better option. now just to make sure i get a ticket