Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Laura Marling is playing Guy Garvey's Meltdown Festival at the Southbank Centre 10-19 June, surely this year she returns 

Would be a fantastic booking but she has done a pretty good job avoiding the farm for a few years now (despite touring most summers) :(

12 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

anyone catch Grimes in Leeds tonight? Just picked up a ticket for Rock City tomorrow for a tenner. Love her on record but not really sure what to expect live... 

I have a ticket for tonight but due to complicated circumstances (turns out friend has invited someone she's having an affair with along, I'd be a massive spare part...) not sure I want to go. Bit gutted really.

Have fun

6 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

AT dropped a pretty big hint during a recent magazine interview, something along the lines of MK being so excited about playing the new material live that he's been playing air guitar in the studio and is 'already at Glastonbury'. 

That coupled with the existing tour dates and festival appearances seems to make it more likely than not they'll be there. 

General consensus on here seems to be either 3rd down on the Pyramid or possibly headlining the JP

Would think it would be something like that, wouldn't mind seeing them headline JP! Caught them a few years ago at Glastonbury, when they did a surprise little set and Jack White made an appearance! 

4 hours ago, OBface said:

I have a ticket for tonight but due to complicated circumstances (turns out friend has invited someone she's having an affair with along, I'd be a massive spare part...) not sure I want to go. Bit gutted really.

Have fun

Just have a few swift sherries and leave them to do their thing!

6 minutes ago, bethannny said:

Blackalicious have just announced a show at the Brooklyn Bowl (the London one) on Friday 24th June.

Either I'm gonna be pissed that I'm missing that show because Glastonbury, or they play. Hopefully the latter. 

Nice spot. They'd be ace.

26 minutes ago, bethannny said:

Blackalicious have just announced a show at the Brooklyn Bowl (the London one) on Friday 24th June.

Either I'm gonna be pissed that I'm missing that show because Glastonbury, or they play. Hopefully the latter. 

oh god i hope so. that'd be brilliant

4 hours ago, bethannny said:

Never heard of them.

Got any links? Other posters seem happy so wouldn't mind seeing if they are any good. Thanks

That's the only one of theirs I have but it's very good and I'm all over that if they show up. The sole European date seems promising, and they're pretty under the radar so it could be a smaller stage too.

In a different direction; another one with a shows right around the festival is Car Seat Headrest. Mon-Thu in Brighton, London, Manchester and Glasgow, and then nada until DTRH in Netherlands on Sunday. Going up the country instead of down is a bother but fingers crossed - the man is excellent.

14 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

LUH (Lost Under Heaven), the new band of WU LYF's Ellery James Roberts announce album and tour:

http://pitchfork.com/news/62165-luh-announce-debut-album-spiritual-songs-for-lovers-to-sing/

would love this but i doubt they'll be booked. fingers crossed though

1 minute ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Titus Andronicus have announced some early June UK dates.

i'll have some of that! although not too promising that they're early June. would hope they'd come back over

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

In a different direction; another one with a shows right around the festival is Car Seat Headrest. Mon-Thu in Brighton, London, Manchester and Glasgow, and then nada until DTRH in Netherlands on Sunday. Going up the country instead of down is a bother but fingers crossed - the man is excellent.

Fingers very much crossed.

10 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Wireless have just announced the worst festival line up in the history of the world 

laughably bad, and not even because i don't like the acts - the headliners are just ridiculous. although i will take Miguel, Action Bronson and... nope, that's it

Edited by FloorFiller

18 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Titus Andronicus have announced some early June UK dates.

Fantastic, was kind of hoping they'd show up at Glastonbury but I'll definitely see them on this after catching them a couple times last tour. Incredible band, catch them if you get the chance!