2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flume would easily headline NME. 

He's popular with the target audience (Ally Pally sold out quickly and everyone there seemed to be under 20.)

He's in a similar vein to some other NME headliners e.g. deadmau5 etc.

But he's bigger than some of their closers e.g. Knife Party and Nero.

However, I've seen him live and he's distinctively average as a live prospect, despite an impressive light show. He doesn't seem to do much beyond altering the pitch every so often.

With the show he has, it would need to be dark on the main stage or in a tent. He's not going to be co-headlining yet so I'd say the only spot for him is NME headliner/closer, if he's even at R&L.

Edited by aidenlangan95

On 03/01/2017 at 0:04 PM, OscarEB said:

So London Grammar are back with new music, are they a possibility, or more likely to be at Glastonbury?

They'll play Glasto but that won't affect their other festivals. I had thought they'd be a mellower indie type booking to go against Eminem on the NME stage but that new song doesn't suggest R+L is their place at all.

18 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

What are the chances of Smashing Pumpkins subbing? Dyou reckon they've got over their ego yet?

Billy's ego is just gonna continue to grow but I think with the current line up he would probably take a sub slot. Doesn't mean R+L would book them - they become a less appealing prospect with R+L goers with every passing year. There's no indication of a tour this year though so I think the chances are rather low.

Edited by dentalplan

I'm really excited for The Pit/Lock Up this year. 2016 was the best year for music since I can't remember, so there's potential for some awesome bands to be booked. Some I would like to see: 

Code Orange 
Deez Nuts 
The Dirty Nil 
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 
Joyce Manor
letlive. 
Marmozets
The Menzingers 
Motionless In White 
Puppy 
Real Friends 
Stick To Your Guns