2017 festival

kaosmark2

Judging by Pendulum's new teaser I'd expect some UK dates soon, if it's a fairly comprehensive tour then maybe no R&L this year. Looks like London so could easily be them headlining SW4.

Edit: Actually that looks very much like Clapham Common at the start of their teaser. SW4.

Edited by JSmurphy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Didn't I read on here that Major Lazer and Bastille are on the same day tho?

Someone thought so but all their website says is dates covering that weekend.

26 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Judging by Pendulum's new teaser I'd expect some UK dates soon, if it's a fairly comprehensive tour then maybe no R&L this year. Looks like London so could easily be them headlining SW4.

Edit: Actually that looks very much like Clapham Common at the start of their teaser. SW4.

In that case then I'll go for SW4 and Creamfields, opposite ends of the Country so perfect and they would close the day at both on their stage. I don't see a chance of R&L getting them instead.

33 minutes ago, mrtourette said:

Did somebody say lad rock?

I did.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't see a chance of R&L getting them instead.

If they play those events then I don't think it's because they've persuaded them away from playing one of Europe's biggest festivals. Probably just R+L thinking they're not worth the reunion dollar.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Someone thought so but all their website says is dates covering that weekend.

In that case then I'll go for SW4 and Creamfields, opposite ends of the Country so perfect and they would close the day at both on their stage. I don't see a chance of R&L getting them instead.

I'd be tempted by the SW4 Pendulum day if true. Will be at Reading for Muse on the Friday and could quite easily make it to London the next day. Would much prefer their own dates tho. If SW4 have them then either R&L or Creams will. Possibly all three. 

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I'd be tempted by the SW4 Pendulum day if true. Will be at Reading for Muse on the Friday and could quite easily make it to London the next day. Would much prefer their own dates tho. If SW4 have them then either R&L or Creams will. Possibly all three. 

All 3 won't as they'd need two of the days for R&L, and neither are going to let the other being that close have them.

Have Royal Blood been ruled out ('cuz everyone thinks they'll headline in 2018 if the 2nd album is killer successful)?

I personally reckon:

Muse/ Twenty One Pilots/ YMA6/ At The Drive-In

Kasabian/ Royal Blood/ Wolf Alice/ Incubus (I'd love that) but most likely someone like Haim/ The Shins

Eminem/ Alt-J/ Run The Jewels/ Architects/ Danny Brown

with R1/NME headliners being Bastille, Major Lazer and Frank Ocean (UK exclusive)

could be possible no?

Edited by truthpigeon

4 hours ago, truthpigeon said:

Have Royal Blood been ruled out ('cuz everyone thinks they'll headline in 2018 if the 2nd album is killer successful)?

I personally reckon:

Kasabian/ Royal Blood/ Wolf Alice/ Incubus (I'd love that) but most likely someone like Haim/ The Shins

with R1/NME headliners being Bastille, Major Lazer and Frank Ocean (UK exclusive)

could be possible no?

Everyone thought they were nailed for this year too, one of the most crazy suggestions I have seen on here tbh and for most putting their own taste about reality I believe.

I also don't think they are the band that can play places this year and do a tour then be booked as an Exclusive based on there is nowhere else to play, Muse are and that's very thin line. They are getting away with a European Exclusive because they played every country on tour....they probably made new one's the amount of dates they had.

It does make you wonder about TOP as a sub yes, ML will be a sub for a UK Exclusive, if they aren't then there is no reason to have agreed that.

Frank Ocean is already looking likely to be at two other festivals this year and R&L NME headliner won't be one.

Your prediction means I can stay away though, none of them days would tempt me. The surprise of CATB not being there is time leads me to think that when they come back they'll be a new headliner and may have said no for the late reason, as they can easily sub this time.

18 hours ago, truthpigeon said:

I personally reckon:

could be possible no?

Frank Ocean will be playing Parklife as well as Lovebox.

7 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Frank Ocean will be playing Parklife as well as Lovebox.

This one fell through my net. Could still see him at R & L. I think my suggestion of R1/NME headliner was a bit overcooked. He's way too popular to perform in a tent (a good tent as it is). Struggling to think of another second stage header. Maybe Weezer or Placebo (first as they're always rumoured- one day it must come true and second, on the back of a mega successful 20 year anniversary tour why not?) Tends to be more dancier/ mainstream indie acts these days at the top, mind.

Anyone think Mastodon will play? Announced a spring US tour today and they'd fit nicely as Lock Up/ The Pit headliners...

21 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Everyone thought they were nailed for this year too, one of the most crazy suggestions I have seen on here tbh and for most putting their own taste about reality I believe.

I also don't think they are the band that can play places this year and do a tour then be booked as an Exclusive based on there is nowhere else to play, Muse are and that's very thin line. They are getting away with a European Exclusive because they played every country on tour....they probably made new one's the amount of dates they had.

It does make you wonder about TOP as a sub yes, ML will be a sub for a UK Exclusive, if they aren't then there is no reason to have agreed that.

Frank Ocean is already looking likely to be at two other festivals this year and R&L NME headliner won't be one.

Your prediction means I can stay away though, none of them days would tempt me. The surprise of CATB not being there is time leads me to think that when they come back they'll be a new headliner and may have said no for the late reason, as they can easily sub this time.

Dick move been hyper critical of my 'putting their own taste about reality I believe'. I personally detest half the acts I put up on my guess.

It's more accurate than half the BS on here. I'm not here to be liked or judged I'm just airing my opinion on an open forum.

If you wanna lower yourself to slagging folk off, join Reddit.

Edited by truthpigeon

2 hours ago, truthpigeon said:

Dick move been hyper critical of my 'putting their own taste about reality I believe'. I personally detest half the acts I put up on my guess.

It's more accurate than half the BS on here. I'm not here to be liked or judged I'm just airing my opinion on an open forum.

If you wanna lower yourself to slagging folk off, join Reddit.

I think that's good as most will do a guess based on what they like which is hard sometimes to avoid. 

I hear you, an opinion is exactly that.

6 hours ago, truthpigeon said:

This one fell through my net. Could still see him at R & L. I think my suggestion of R1/NME headliner was a bit overcooked. He's way too popular to perform in a tent (a good tent as it is). Struggling to think of another second stage header. Maybe Weezer or Placebo (first as they're always rumoured- one day it must come true and second, on the back of a mega successful 20 year anniversary tour why not?) Tends to be more dancier/ mainstream indie acts these days at the top, mind.

Anyone think Mastodon will play? Announced a spring US tour today and they'd fit nicely as Lock Up/ The Pit headliners...

Think I heard somewhere that Frank Ocean is only doing 2 shows in the UK this summer (not 100% on this though) so if it is Lovebox and Parklife then R&L ain't going to happen. Definitely don't Placebo coming back to R&L again though Weezer might but I don't see them headlining the NME at all. Also Mastodon headline The Pit last year so they're certainly not coming back this year 

23 hours ago, justanothername said:

Think I heard somewhere that Frank Ocean is only doing 2 shows in the UK this summer (not 100% on this though) so if it is Lovebox and Parklife then R&L ain't going to happen. Definitely don't Placebo coming back to R&L again though Weezer might but I don't see them headlining the NME at all. Also Mastodon headline The Pit last year so they're certainly not coming back this year 

Pretty certain you're on the money with Frank Ocean being persona non grata outside of Lovebox and Parklife. Pit headliner usually about an O2 Academy level act... Ghost? Long shot, admittedly, but stranger things have happened.

15 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Pretty certain you're on the money with Frank Ocean being persona non grata outside of Lovebox and Parklife. Pit headliner usually about an O2 Academy level act... Ghost? Long shot, admittedly, but stranger things have happened.

Ghost ended up headlining it in 2015 after Mastodon pulled out. Don't think it'll be them, though. I'm going for Billy Talent, Gojira and letlive. for Pit / Lock-Up headliners. 

Piss poor lineup compared to what it used to be but NME Awards Tour has finally been announced. Blossoms, Cabbage, Rory Wynne. Doesn't really compare to The Killers, Futureheads, Bloc Party and Kaiser Chiefs all in one night does it? (I'm pretty sure that was the 2005 one I cba looking it up now.)

Anyway, thought I'd mention it on here as I think one or two were suggesting it might have been canned.

23 hours ago, losing44 said:

Chances on tool headlining? They've been announced for a couple US festivals this year

Tool won't have played the UK or Europe in 10 years come the summer, can't see them coming back and doing R&L, as Download already has headliners announced, if they do come to Europe (which i don't see happening) it'll be their own shows, unless Sonisphere finally makes a return, which it seems unlikely to given that it is January and not even a hint of it returning.

22 hours ago, dentalplan said:

None. They're much bigger in the US, and also much more likely to play over there. They could just about pull off headlining Download - albeit a niche headliner there - but never R+L.

Tool wouldn't be niche for Download and would be a headliner easily, no doubt about it.

Edited by Little Sparrow

14 minutes ago, Little Sparrow said:

Tool wouldn't be niche for Download and would be a headliner easily, no doubt about it.

They'd be booked to headline Download for sure. They're very much a cult band though and I'm not sure how well their booking or performance would go down with people who hadn't bought tickets solely to see Tool. No mosh pits, not being broadcast on screens, just some songs and trippy animations going on behind them. Would be more suited to their own shows, I'm sure of it.