Who's not going next year?

Woffy

You know you want to re-think that Woffy.  I'm sure Mrs Woffy would prefer that to having you moping around the house watching it on telly and going on about how much you wish you were there.   You'd basically be doing her a favour; in fact, you'd be going solely for her benefit.  She should thank you.

Probably buy your ticket for you as a big thanks.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Work have told me I can't have the time off next year. The wife has said she wants us to put the money towards a big family holiday. My chances are very very slim.

I just need a new job & new wife! (Preferably before ticket day in October).

I'm about 70/30 that I'll go. It's a big commitment on my part - expensive flights, a chunk off work... it's something that exhausted me this year and I ended up getting several full nights sleep on the farm! Was it worth it? No doubt. It was amazing. But it's something I have to mentally prepare myself for, the whole thing. Right now I don't feel like I have the energy to do it again, but given it's just over two weeks since I was there, that's not surprising. I'm certain when it gets to that fateful day in October, I'll be all over it.

I'm about 70/30 that I'll go. It's a big commitment on my part - expensive flights, a chunk off work... it's something that exhausted me this year and I ended up getting several full nights sleep on the farm! Was it worth it? No doubt. It was amazing. But it's something I have to mentally prepare myself for, the whole thing. Right now I don't feel like I have the energy to do it again, but given it's just over two weeks since I was there, that's not surprising. I'm certain when it gets to that fateful day in October, I'll be all over it.

That's precisiely how I feel. Nice one Kali, perfectly articulated.

I won't be there. Husband has barely forgiven me for going without him this year and the G word still can't be mentioned in the house. Won't likely be back now till the wee man is big enough to go without being dragged round in some sort of hideously heavy cart that won't move in mud. He's not even 2 yet so it will be a long wait.

Gutted :-(

As an aside PC, looks like the ticket draw should be in the next few days. Getting emails from UEFA telling me to make sure I've got money in my account.

Good luck with it. I didn't bother in the end as I'm just gonna wait for the Wales ones to come out and if we get knocked out, I'll head to different places for the later games and will either watch the games from the fan areas or try and get a ticket for the games outside.

Good luck with it. I didn't bother in the end as I'm just gonna wait for the Wales ones to come out and if we get knocked out, I'll head to different places for the later games and will either watch the games from the fan areas or try and get a ticket for the games outside.

Cheers, as Wales are now in the top 10 a quarter final should be the minimum expectation...

I'm not overly optimistic of my chances in the draw, 11 million applications for 1 million tickets. But we shall see. If I don't get anything I'll go to Glastonbury, not exactly an issue.

Cheers, as Wales are now in the top 10 a quarter final should be the minimum expectation...

I'm not overly optimistic of my chances in the draw, 11 million applications for 1 million tickets. But we shall see. If I don't get anything I'll go to Glastonbury, not exactly an issue.

You have to believe that at least 1 million will apply for the final, so you might have a shout. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, it's a win win here really.

In other news:

Brave Sir Robin!

Why on earth didn't you come and say hello in East CV on Sunday????????

GUTTED!

Granted I was grumpy as fuck because:

1. I had already taken a pregnant Mrs Woffy to Berkshire and then drove back again on Thursday...parked miiiiiiiiiles further away.

2. Got up effing early on Sunday and did my usual trip back to the car with everything but tent, sleeping back and booze to make Monday morning easier.

3. Back to the car at 2ish to help my mate with his ABSOLUTE FUCKING TONNE OF STUFF IN HIS TROLLEY back to the car because he was having a meltdown and needed to leave >>>>>> was this when you saw me???

4. Did my THIRD Sunday trip and back to our cars to help some struggling ladies we were with take their stuff back before coming back AGAIN!

5. Lost my fucking hoodie on one trip.

So, yeah, I was a bit in 'the zone' (I figured drinking voddy would help too, for that 'i'm drunk, i'm superman, I can walk quick and carry shitloads' effect [didn't work]), but i would have loved to have seen your gorgeous visage and arranged a meet up when I came back in!

Silly sod!

In other news:

Brave Sir Robin!

Why on earth didn't you come and say hello in East CV on Sunday????????

GUTTED!

Granted I was grumpy as fuck because:

1. I had already taken a pregnant Mrs Woffy to Berkshire and then drove back again on Thursday...parked miiiiiiiiiles further away.

2. Got up effing early on Sunday and did my usual trip back to the car with everything but tent, sleeping back and booze to make Monday morning easier.

3. Back to the car at 2ish to help my mate with his ABSOLUTE FUCKING TONNE OF STUFF IN HIS TROLLEY back to the car because he was having a meltdown and needed to leave >>>>>> was this when you saw me???

4. Did my THIRD Sunday trip and back to our cars to help some struggling ladies we were with take their stuff back before coming back AGAIN!

5. Lost my fucking hoodie on one trip.

So, yeah, I was a bit in 'the zone' (I figured drinking voddy would help too, for that 'i'm drunk, i'm superman, I can walk quick and carry shitloads' effect [didn't work]), but i would have loved to have seen your gorgeous visage and arranged a meet up when I came back in!

Silly sod!

Ha ha, yeah, no.3. I was a rush to get in to catch what I could of Grant Lee Phillips (who turned out to be perfect Sunday afternoon material, in the Acoustic, wonderfully warm but with enough edge to kick things off - tho Patti & the Lama would undoubtedly have been better). I'm pretty sure I would have recognised you anyway but as it was I was given the heads up by overhearing one of two guys who were stopped ahead of you saying "Yep, Woffy's got his determined face on". I saw you. You were in a rush. I was in a rush. And I was sober. But still, I should have stopped for a man-hug. My bad. Apologies. Tell you what, as recompense, I'll let you off the pint you owe me for the playlist. Maybe...

Ha ha, yeah, no.3. I was a rush to get in to catch what I could of Grant Lee Phillips (who turned out to be perfect Sunday afternoon material, in the Acoustic, wonderfully warm but with enough edge to kick things off - tho Patti & the Lama would undoubtedly have been better). I'm pretty sure I would have recognised you anyway but as it was I was given the heads up by overhearing one of two guys who were stopped ahead of you saying "Yep, Woffy's got his determined face on". I saw you. You were in a rush. I was in a rush. And I was sober. But still, I should have stopped for a man-hug. My bad. Apologies. Tell you what, as recompense, I'll let you off the pint you owe me for the playlist. Maybe...

:-)

I'm never gonna shake this dumb nickname...so I have to embrace it!

So in short, I only owe you 9 pints now!

I coulda killed my mate with that fuckin' trolley!

I'll probably miss next year if Wales qualify.

As good as Glastonbury is, us Welsh haven't had much to cheer football-wise, so a trip to France would be a must.

Being Welsh, the World Cup/Euros haven't affected my festival plans for the last 25 years so I can't complain.

If Wales qualify and I get tickets, it looks like no Download or Glastonbury for me next year.