Who's not going next year?

Woffy

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She must know how much you love the festival. Just say you can't face not going.

Sure she will understand. It's Glastonbury after all.

Charm x

Yeah, it's not as if you have kids and another on the way and as if looking after kids on your own was difficult at all.

Oh.

Well, still tell her. She'll understand I'm sure. Definitely be fine. Probably. Yeah.

Edit: I've had the conversation already this year. Sometimes it just needs to be done. The lure of the festival is just too great. Not sure if that came off badly, just joshing from one Glasto obsessed dad to another :)

Edited by stuartbert two hats

All this football chat is rather encouraging. Will it help keep the numbers down on t day? Was there any noticeable effect in 2010? Can't really remember that t day.

I'll deffo be going. Ticket permitting. I think I'm pretty much in for life. A lot of my mates won't be though for various reasons. Mixed feelings about this. Spent a lot of time with just the other half this year and really loved it but I do quite miss those fun big group moments and some friends in particular. Glastonbury changes and grows with you though in my experience and that's a good thing.

Yeah, it's not as if you have kids and another on the way and as if looking after kids on your own was difficult at all.

Oh.

Well, still tell her. She'll understand I'm sure. Definitely be fine. Probably. Yeah.

Edit: I've had the conversation already this year. Sometimes it just needs to be done. The lure of the festival is just too great. Not sure if that came off badly, just joshing from one Glasto obsessed dad to another :)

But sometimes we wanna be free to do what we want to do......

http://youtu.be/Y3ixEzKA4k0

In all seriousness maybe you could offer her a couple of nights away from the kids.

Most mums I know would go for this.

Charm x

Bottled it for tonight!

The new Woffling will be 6 months old...so Mrs Woffy won't be going.

I think - T-Day permitting - I might sell it that I'll rock up at the crack of dawn Friday morning (we're only 70mins away) rather than the usual Tuesday night.

Bottled it for tonight!

The new Woffling will be 6 months old...so Mrs Woffy won't be going.

I think - T-Day permitting - I might sell it that I'll rock up at the crack of dawn Friday morning (we're only 70mins away) rather than the usual Tuesday night.

Going in Friday does sound like a good selling point.

Hope it does the trick.

Charm x

All this football chat is rather encouraging. Will it help keep the numbers down on t day? Was there any noticeable effect in 2010? Can't really remember that t day.

I'll deffo be going. Ticket permitting. I think I'm pretty much in for life. A lot of my mates won't be though for various reasons. Mixed feelings about this. Spent a lot of time with just the other half this year and really loved it but I do quite miss those fun big group moments and some friends in particular. Glastonbury changes and grows with you though in my experience and that's a good thing.

Recent tournaments have been in places like Brazil and South Africa so wouldnt have made a huge difference. This one's in France so easier to get to, and most of the home nations have a decent chance of qualifying. It may make a small difference, but not noticeable if I'm honest.

Recent tournaments have been in places like Brazil and South Africa so wouldnt have made a huge difference. This one's in France so easier to get to, and most of the home nations have a decent chance of qualifying. It may make a small difference, but not noticeable if I'm honest.

People do tend to panic about missing matches even on TV though don't they? My friend's boyfriend skipped 2010 because he didn't want to miss a game and he didn't travel anywhere. Although I think him and his mates are next year.

People do tend to panic about missing matches even on TV though don't they? My friend's boyfriend skipped 2010 because he didn't want to miss a game and he didn't travel anywhere. Although I think him and his mates are next year.

I'm not convinced it'll make a huge difference if I'm honest. You may get a very small number of hardcore football fans who will want to stay home and watch it, and there'll be a fair few going out to France to watch too, but I don't think it'll make any noticable difference on T-Day. I've got tickets for France next summer the same weekend as GF, but I still plan to try on T-Day and decide closer to the time which to go to.

I'm not convinced it'll make a huge difference if I'm honest. You may get a very small number of hardcore football fans who will want to stay home and watch it, and there'll be a fair few going out to France to watch too, but I don't think it'll make any noticable difference on T-Day. I've got tickets for France next summer the same weekend as GF, but I still plan to try on T-Day and decide closer to the time which to go to.

Ah well! We can but hope...

Ill be coming over again from Ireland and found out there that my last exam in my Leaving Cert (irish equivalent to A Levels) is on the Thursday afternoon.

I should still make it over though by that night and meet my mates who go on the Wednesday.

nearly died inside when i got the news

Then once you've got that agreed you could say maybe Thursday, Wednesday....... Edited by jeffie

Then once you've got that agreed you could say maybe Thursday, Wednesday.......

I went down on the Thursday in 2014 because it was too long away going on the Wednesday and didn't go at all last year because I was still away too long in 2014.

I'm planning on being there Wednesday afternoon next year.  Don't tell M2H! ;)  

I went down on the Thursday in 2014 because it was too long away going on the Wednesday and didn't go at all last year because I was still away too long in 2014.

I'm planning on being there Wednesday afternoon next year.  Don't tell M2H! ;)

we'll see.. perhaps you'll do the driving too ;)

Then once you've got that agreed you could say maybe Thursday, Wednesday.......

If I can get a decent wireless signal I'm planning on digging myself a Tour of Duty-style foxhole around April and living underneath Worthy Farm for 2 months.  Totally worth it.

Smoke me a kipper skipper...