Sunday Legend 2016

O'Doyle Rules

2 hours ago, justperfect said:

I had a ball watching lionel this year. Me and my mate did 2 boxes of vino before and another couple whilst he was on.

I can confirm that he sounds wonderful after 4 liters of grape juice

Sunday is always wine day for me. 

Had a similar experience

Was somewhere in SE corner until 7.30

Had about 3 hours sleep got up and hit the wine ( amongst other things ) and had a great time

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15/12/2015 at 5:08 PM, grumpyhack said:

This Russell has seen it coming

Russell%2520Navy%2520044.jpg

Saw a very very drunk Russell Grant being driven off site through the gate I was stewarding at in 2009. Must've been the night Jacko died cos I only did the one night shift. Wonder if he predicted that one. 

Odd night, that one 

• 2 weeks later...

With Mel B recently fuelling Spice Girls rumours, could they be a potential? Would fit with Emily saying no one has guessed it yet / recent 'heritage/cheesy/feelgood' acts / the girls would probably agree to it considering it's now regarded as a 4th headliner (but possibly not credible) slot...

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

How do any tour dates point to Dire Straits? They haven't even been active since 95. 

No, it's just an hypothesis, wait and see. Yes but in the same way Led Zeppelin could be back in 2016 with a date at Wrigley Field, but haven't announced anything yet. (And many bands are coming back in 2016, LCD Soundsystem, The Last Shadow Puppets, Spice Girls, Guns'N'Roses... We can expect many surprises)

12 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

No, it's just an hypothesis, wait and see. Yes but in the same way Led Zeppelin could be back in 2016 with a date at Wrigley Field, but haven't announced anything yet. (And many bands are coming back in 2016, LCD Soundsystem, The Last Shadow Puppets, Spice Girls, Guns'N'Roses... We can expect many surprises)

...yes but you said tour dates point to Dire Straits. They don't at all, and no one is claiming tour dates point towards any of those acts.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

...yes but you said tour dates point to Dire Straits. They don't at all, and no one is claiming tour dates point towards any of those acts.

Oh yes I was not thinking to tour dates of Dire Straits but tour dates of the other sunday legends hypotheses; but forget the tour dates, they don't give any information for the moment

Just now, Tremousse said:

Oh yes I was not thinking to tour dates of Dire Straits but tour dates of the other sunday legends hypotheses; but forget the tour dates, they don't give any information for the moment

Fair enough, but I'd say tour dates of the other touted legends make Dire Straits look much less likely. ELO and Manilow both have tour dates which make them look very probable, along with others who I don't remember.

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

For that reason you couldn't really discount dire straits if it was the line up that split up. That was essentially mark knopfler and maybe one other original. 

but aren't ELO often billed as 'Jeff Lynne's ELO' these days - advertising the fact that it's the main guy and a bunch of musicians? i doubt Dire Straits or other acts would be billed as such

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

but aren't ELO often billed as 'Jeff Lynne's ELO' these days - advertising the fact that it's the main guy and a bunch of musicians? i doubt Dire Straits or other acts would be billed as such

I should think that's due to some legal restrictions surrounding the use of the ELO name, and they'd be billed as ELO If it wasn't for that. Good job they're not though otherwise they couldn't play the legend's slot!!!