Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I know I'm new in terms of attendance, but I'm an old hand in terms of being someone who feels most at home in a festival environment, and have been a 'follower' of Glastonbury forever.

I don't think that those unfamiliar with the festival can have any idea of the sort of acts of selfless kindness that Glastonbury engenders. It truly can, and does, bring out the very best in people, and for this reason, amongst the myriad others, it is unique. I realise that it is a very different place to 20, 30 years ago, and many of the old hands on eFests, who I like very much, bemoan the fact that the festival is nothing like what it was. But do you know what? I don't think that the intangible Glastonbury Spirit is under any threat for a good while yet.

God, I love the place, after just one visit. I truly feel 'at home' there.

Big up to you for that fantastic success, diz.

:)

Ben

Aw thanks Ben.  Last year when we thought we'd never be able to go again as tickets seemed out of reach of our slow broadband, I got lucky in the SR and was determined to savour every moment.  As I walked down the hill towards the debauched Valhalla of the new Other stage,  I really did feel like I was coming home!

10 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Aw thanks Ben.  Last year when we thought we'd never be able to go again as tickets seemed out of reach of our slow broadband, I got lucky in the SR and was determined to savour every moment.  As I walked down the hill towards the debauched Valhalla of the new Other stage,  I really did feel like I was coming home!

Ok, I should qualify...I ain't likely to feel at home at the Other Stage!

Horses and courses etc.

;)

Ben

Dizzymoo. It's a great feeling getting tickets in the SR isn't it, especially when they're not for you so you gphave the joy on making someone elses dreams come true. I bagged 3 tickets in the SR for friends of friends and they are beyond excited :-) I don't think they believed SR. were even real before last weeks confirmation email lol

on another note having spent this weekend at Butlins I am wondering how on earth I'm going to manage 5 days at Glastonbury , I'm so tired :-( . Had some fun times watching Hooziers. Toploader and scouting for girls... Drank too many vodka slushes and now need to detox lol

slight detour tomorrow before heading home Tuesday , off to the Royal Albert hall to see Manic street preachers and the editors :-) 

FFx

Morning peoples! 

I hope you've all had good weekends and your Monday mornings go quickly.

@dizzymoo great job on getting those tickets last week. He must have been over the moon.

I'm also a fully paid up member of the grammar police and all @bennyhana22's examples are particular annoyances of mine especially 'of' instead of 'have'. And let's not forget 'too' and 'to'. Is that test an actual adult test? it does seem ridiculously easy?

@Funkyfairy! it sounds like a busy, top weekend there. Enjoy the Manics.:)

Oh, just one more thing.

Yeah, check out my Columbo reference!:D

image.jpg

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

Oh, just one more thing.

Yeah, check out my Columbo reference!:D

... And, just one last point on Columbo (seeing as some of us caught up with a few old episodes over the weekend, and the proper arrival of Monday still has a few hours to go), here's my favourite short clip of all time from a Columbo episode called the Greenhouse Jungle, 1972.

I'm convinced Peter Falk did not intend to go down the hill in the way he did and that he just improvised the line at the bottom. There is no way one could act that...

13 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Dizzymoo. It's a great feeling getting tickets in the SR isn't it, especially when they're not for you so you gphave the joy on making someone elses dreams come true. I bagged 3 tickets in the SR for friends of friends and they are beyond excited :-) I don't think they believed SR. were even real before last weeks confirmation email lol

on another note having spent this weekend at Butlins I am wondering how on earth I'm going to manage 5 days at Glastonbury , I'm so tired :-( . Had some fun times watching Hooziers. Toploader and scouting for girls... Drank too many vodka slushes and now need to detox lol

slight detour tomorrow before heading home Tuesday , off to the Royal Albert hall to see Manic street preachers and the editors :-) 

FFx

Well done getting 3 tickets FF!  You're right it does feel great helping someone who'd lost hope of going.  I too thought SRs were a myth until last year, and it was the Secret Resale thread with its true Glastonbury spirit which drew me into the efests community.

Your weekend at Butlins sounds like an overdose of guilty pleasures.  I used to live next door to the Albert Hall, in the less than palatial Imperial College hall of residence.  Have a great time tonight.

Afternoon all, 

I've had a lovely weekend as it was my brothers wedding in which I was the best man. The weather gods shone for us on the day and it was a good day all round. Sunday was also good seeing my Scottish cousins before they made their 10 hour journey home and then going to the in-laws for some nice food and good company. 

The whole weekend was nice but very tiring as I've had the flu for about a week and Saturday was the day it decided to be at its worse. Off work today but seem to be getting better so hoping to return to work tomorrow (I know I generally love my job). 

Just seen my coach times to get to Glastonbury and because I have Thursday tickets I'm not all that happy as the coach don't leave until 1500 which is disappointing because I was hoping to use the day on Thursday to explore a bit before really getting stuck in from Friday. Anyway stop ranting I'm happy that I even have tickets. 

Hello ourkid! 

Hope you feel better soon, hot bath and a medicinal whiskey, perhaps? Glad you managed to hang in there to be best man!! 

3pm Thursday isn't the greatest, but if you're near me (which I think you are?) you should be on site in time for tea! :)

Hello all!

Whilst it isn't ideal having such a late leaving time on the Thursday, arriving tea time is better then not at all! Hope you battle the flu with a hot bath and bed. 

I had a chat at work with a supplier today who is based in Shepton Mallet, he was wondering I would ever be in the area - I said not for work purposes but I'm heading to Glastonbury. That lead to 20 minutes discussing how much we both love the festival! I can't wait to go now - I think the people at work are wanting me to shut up about it! No chance - it's sadly a year of love for the festival.

My dry "form creation" workshop today was livened up by finding out one of the attendees is on a recycling gang, and is assigned to the market traders this year. No one else in the meeting had any idea what we were talking about, and it was a shame to have to break off and carry on the workshop :-(

1 hour ago, sheffieldlady said:

Hello all!

Whilst it isn't ideal having such a late leaving time on the Thursday, arriving tea time is better then not at all! Hope you battle the flu with a hot bath and bed. 

I had a chat at work with a supplier today who is based in Shepton Mallet, he was wondering I would ever be in the area - I said not for work purposes but I'm heading to Glastonbury. That lead to 20 minutes discussing how much we both love the festival! I can't wait to go now - I think the people at work are wanting me to shut up about it! No chance - it's sadly a year of love for the festival.

13 minutes ago, carlosj said:

My dry "form creation" workshop today was livened up by finding out one of the attendees is on a recycling gang, and is assigned to the market traders this year. No one else in the meeting had any idea what we were talking about, and it was a shame to have to break off and carry on the workshop :-(

We are everywhere... no one can kill the love!

2 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Hello ourkid! 

Hope you feel better soon, hot bath and a medicinal whiskey, perhaps? Glad you managed to hang in there to be best man!! 

3pm Thursday isn't the greatest, but if you're near me (which I think you are?) you should be on site in time for tea! :)

Hi Lucy, 

Yeah judged on your reports of the firework display and other comments I reckon I am about a 5 minute drive from you. I'm thinking the traffic will be a lot better at that time anyway and questions to get in will be less stressful. So I'm not too upset about it after being convinced that there will be plenty of room.

The whiskey has been drunk but I only have a shower so that had to do! It's my dads go to remedy for any illness so he forced me to do it :)

I'm hoping to still make the meet even if we are a little late.