Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

DizzyMoo was that the guy that posted his story on here on the site about it being his last year probably ? If so thats amazing, I remember him and what an lovely soul you are for trying for him

We for the 3 remaining tickets for our friends in the secret sale as well, litererally through Neils checkpage and the reg numbers being prefilled on a page ... I know what you mean about shaking lol

I still feel terrible for those that have still missed out :-(

Hi FF thank you yes I think it's the same guy.  He wasn't even sure whether to try as he'd need to camp in the area for disabled people and the closing date for applications was before the refund deadline.  But GF said they'd still consider his application so he asked for help.  We've been so lucky, missing out only once, it seemed only fair to share the love.  Really pleased you got tickets for your friends too.  I hope there are more sales;  there's been no message on the festival website to say all tickets are sold so fingers crossed people's efforts will be rewarded.

42 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

I'm sure there's a Finbarr in there somewhere...

There's that stupid joke about the little boy who  has a splinter in his hand and asks for some cider to put his hand in...

because he heard his sister say that whenever she got a prick in her hand she had to put it in cider.

Sorry.  Just undid all today's good work.

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm well, thanks lucy. The sun is shining (as it will at Glastonbury) and I've just had a pint of cider in the garden. What could be better? Add to that we're going away to Dorset on holiday this weekend for a week and you kind of get my mood. We'll be staying in the campervan for one or two nights then staying in a folly on the coast. Can't wait to go fossil hunting. Hope you are well. :)

Hey Yog good to see you here have a great holiday. :)

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Cheers dizzymoo :)  I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof with excitement about going on holiday.

That's lovely to hear as life hasn't been so kind to you recently. Like a bit of fossil hunting myself, though couldn't name most of them!

Morning all.

been on the secret resale thread trying to get tickets for Dee's friends got to payment page entered card details to be told all sold.  Hopefully See will release a few more (fingers crossed).

finally finished the last of the decorating we are going to do until after Glastonbury, later will be a check to make sure I have not missed anything then we will be starting on the garden eek.

Only just realised having been so busy festival time is very near Bearded Theory end of this month then Glastonbury, no idea where time has gone but need to do research on bands pretty dam quick.  

Should be spending more time on here from now on, will be good to chat to everyone again.

Hope everyone is doing well.

hugs

2 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

That's lovely to hear as life hasn't been so kind to you recently. Like a bit of fossil hunting myself, though couldn't name most of them!

I couldn't even name a single fossil. I've never been fossil hunting before so it'll all be new to me. I've done a bit of reading on the subject in terms of where to go and what not to do when hunting. Even if I find the tiniest of fossils I'll be happy. It's a link to life on earth so long ago that it boggles the mind.

8 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Hi FF thank you yes I think it's the same guy.  He wasn't even sure whether to try as he'd need to camp in the area for disabled people and the closing date for applications was before the refund deadline.  But GF said they'd still consider his application so he asked for help.  We've been so lucky, missing out only once, it seemed only fair to share the love.  Really pleased you got tickets for your friends too.  I hope there are more sales;  there's been no message on the festival website to say all tickets are sold so fingers crossed people's efforts will be rewarded.

Wow wow wow wow wow, I hope he gets the camping he needs and has the most amzing festival. Well done dizzymoo , a wonderful grab of tickets yesterday :-)

Good morning all

Im packing again ... Off for a long weekend in the UK with one of my bestest buddies who I don't get to see a lot. It's her birthday , we are off to a music weekend at Butlins lol .... Never been to one, don't know what to expect , but hopefully be lots of fun. Gym kit is backed for bootyfit with Chico tomorrow morning !!!! 

Instead of coming home Monday we've tagged a cheeky extra night on and detouring to the royal Albert hall on Monday to see manic street preacher and the editors :-) 

Anyway looks like tonight's live music at Butlins includes in one of the 4 venues  the Kaiser Monkey Killers ( wonder what tracks they cover), and the  Hooziers :-) 

have a great day everyone 

FF xxx

Morning all, up in snowdonia, been helping out on charity 3 peaks walk for the youth adventure  trust which helps kids from disadvantaged  backgrounds to do adventure  type activities - would like to say I am climbing mountains  but have mostly been stood around in a high vis jacket with a clipboard. Thought I would be guaranteed  to take one for the team but it is a beautiful  sunny day here. No signal yesterday so missed out being able to help with the resale great news on getting  those tickets  ff. hope it is sunny wherever you are, off to welcome people back down off the mountain shortly have a good day everyone x

44 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

Morning all, up in snowdonia, been helping out on charity 3 peaks walk for the youth adventure  trust which helps kids from disadvantaged  backgrounds to do adventure  type activities - would like to say I am climbing mountains  but have mostly been stood around in a high vis jacket with a clipboard. Thought I would be guaranteed  to take one for the team but it is a beautiful  sunny day here. No signal yesterday so missed out being able to help with the resale great news on getting  those tickets  ff. hope it is sunny wherever you are, off to welcome people back down off the mountain shortly have a good day everyone x

Sounds great fun and really rewarding taking kids out! The bit you're doing in particular sounds like my everyday job...

Morning all, the weekend is peeping its head round the corner, impatient to arrive.

Morning all! I was woken up today at 5.15am by what I thought was fireworks going off for one of the cruise ships we get in here, thought it was an odd time for it to happen, then when I woke up properly a couple of hours later, looked online, and realised it was an explosion in a fireworks factory near me! Here's our local paper's report:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/14490811.PHOTOS__Huge_fire_and_explosion_destroys_fireworks_factory_in_Southampton/

Bloody scary stuff!! Very loud! 

Hello folks :bye:

Been neglecting this thread the last week or so caught up in the frenzy of the secret resale but managed to get my missus and mysister a ticket wooooooooooooo!

Hope all those in here who were trying were successful

Beautiful day here in Dublin, 7 weeks left I believe?

NFR NFC

5 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Morning all! I was woken up today at 5.15am by what I thought was fireworks going off for one of the cruise ships we get in here, thought it was an odd time for it to happen, then when I woke up properly a couple of hours later, looked online, and realised it was an explosion in a fireworks factory near me! Here's our local paper's report:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/14490811.PHOTOS__Huge_fire_and_explosion_destroys_fireworks_factory_in_Southampton/

Bloody scary stuff!! Very loud! 

Good morning everyone :)

Bloody hell Lucy mate i would've stop dropped and rolled me man, glad you`re alright kidda :thumbsu:

Hello Pentura mate congrats on getting tickets buddy, By the time i had logged in and was gonna give Dee a heads up they had bloody sold out already :sorry: fastest sale i`ve ever known. Well done to anyone who was lucky enough :rock:

It is feckin amazingly beautiful in the Pool today and has been all week, hope its saving some for June :beach:

Praise the weather Gods most high. NFR NFC

17 minutes ago, tommywillo said:

Hello Pentura mate congrats on getting tickets buddy, By the time i had logged in and was gonna give Dee a heads up they had bloody sold out already :sorry: fastest sale i`ve ever known. Well done to anyone who was lucky enough :rock:

Cheers Tommy! Hope to bring her along to the meet this year and finally meet all you lovely bunch!

It was the most stressful 10 seconds of my life, by far the quickest sale I've ever seen!

But delighted to have 2 newbies with us this year, it's gonne blow their tiny minds!!

Just now, pentura said:

And what is the story with the meetup? Still Thursday? Bar / time TBC?

That's the one! I think possibly about 4ish, maybe even 6ish, but I suspect we will mosey on down to Croissant Neuf for Mr B at 10pm. Someone on here (admsct I think, can't remember full username, sorry) is playing somewhere in the green fields so we might meet there. All plans are fluid until the line up is out in full!! :) 

It'd be lovely if you can make it :) 

2 minutes ago, pentura said:

And what is the story with the meetup? Still Thursday? Bar / time TBC?

I,m not too sure buddy, i haven't been around much recently (real life shite getting in the way) i,m sure when its all sorted somebody will post it up here dude so just keep your eyes peeled :thumbsu:.

Deffo gonna call along this year so it,ll be good to meet ya kidda :)

6 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

That's the one! I think possibly about 4ish, maybe even 6ish, but I suspect we will mosey on down to Croissant Neuf for Mr B at 10pm. Someone on here (admsct I think, can't remember full username, sorry) is playing somewhere in the green fields so we might meet there. All plans are fluid until the line up is out in full!! :)

It'd be lovely if you can make it :)

Excellent! I definitely need to get along this year! I'll be on here for the foreseable future so will be an eye out for the arrangements :) It'd be great to pop along and put some usernames to faces, seeing the photos last year looks like I seriously missed out!

6 minutes ago, tommywillo said:

I,m not too sure buddy, i haven't been around much recently (real life shite getting in the way) i,m sure when its all sorted somebody will post it up here dude so just keep your eyes peeled :thumbsu:.

Deffo gonna call along this year so it,ll be good to meet ya kidda :)

I know what it's like Tommy!! If only we could live in a Glastonbury shaped bubble all year round eh!? I missed it last year due to no sleep in 48hrs between travelling from Dublin - Bristol and queuing up in the carpark all night and decided to get sloshed before we even got in so I have to make it this year!

Did I see a thing maybe last year or the year before of badges with people usernames on them? Great idea!