Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've nowhere else to put this, and reckon you folks will be alright with it even though I haven't contributed on here for ages;

Yog! Lovely to see you. Just a hello is a good contribution :) Hope you're well xx

I think I need some help with the line-up this year, I haven't really done much 'research' and I'm not someone who plans lots in the day, I like to plan 5 - 6 acts throughout the day and then see what happens. Sometimes this means I'm watching something circus related - which I enjoy. However, I would love some recommendations - so I'm going to venture into other threads and give things a listen. Hopefully I'll discover that this year is the festival I run around trying to fit as much in! 

I have an awful bug, worked from home yesterday but today I am in the office - sweating horrifically and considering venturing to work from home before I infect the entire office.

13 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

I think I need some help with the line-up this year, I haven't really done much 'research' and I'm not someone who plans lots in the day, I like to plan 5 - 6 acts throughout the day and then see what happens. Sometimes this means I'm watching something circus related - which I enjoy. However, I would love some recommendations - so I'm going to venture into other threads and give things a listen. Hopefully I'll discover that this year is the festival I run around trying to fit as much in! 

I have an awful bug, worked from home yesterday but today I am in the office - sweating horrifically and considering venturing to work from home before I infect the entire office.

What stuff from the line up so far do you know and like? 

I am also off work with flu (not man flu) and its days like this that's great for listening to more of the line up.

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

Always. Definitely :)

Hello everyone!

Marmalade vodka? Oooh!!!!!! 

Yeah, now I know it works, I can get a bigger batch underway to bring along. Think it might need to be diluted with lemonade or tonic, though, it's bloody lethal! 

19 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Yeah, now I know it works, I can get a bigger batch underway to bring along. Think it might need to be diluted with lemonade or tonic, though, it's bloody lethal! 

ooh exciting!!! I love marmalade, and vodka!! I've got some pineapple gin on the go, we could make interesting cocktails!! 

4 hours ago, mr gumby said:

As long as you're there, I don't think anyone would care whether you bring anything at all! :) 

What he said! Just come along thurlow, be good to see you :) 

Erm, no idea why I'm quoting myself quoting! Must have extra fat fingers today. 

Hope everyone is havng an cie afternoon, its trying to be a bit Manchester here now... eeek

Well that was intense!  Just spent the afternoon on the secret resale thread and listening out for Neil's checkpage alert (worked brilliantly by the way),  and managed to bag 2 tickets for a guy who'd been so devastated to miss out in the resale because he'd be unlikely to be well enough to go again after this year.  My hands were shaking more than when I got our tickets last May, and it felt so good to help someone else.  There's a mix of subdued elation from those who got tickets and absolute despair from those who didn't after 4 days F5ing.  The sale lasted less than 2 minutes and the 'festival tickets' button on the main page didn't  work properly so lots of frustrated people, and no chance of going back to try again for other people.  See are being coy, saying no plans for further sales but suggest keeping an eye on the site,  so there could be another chance for those who missed out today.

It's a lot quieter over here... 

8 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Yog! Lovely to see you. Just a hello is a good contribution :) Hope you're well xx

I'm well, thanks lucy. The sun is shining (as it will at Glastonbury) and I've just had a pint of cider in the garden. What could be better? Add to that we're going away to Dorset on holiday this weekend for a week and you kind of get my mood. We'll be staying in the campervan for one or two nights then staying in a folly on the coast. Can't wait to go fossil hunting. Hope you are well. :)

It is a lot quieter here I've spent 4 days solid on the secret resales thread and also managed to get 2 this afternoon thanks to all the help on here.

Still hasn't property sunk in - I though T-Day was bad this was something else my heart was pounding, couldn't be happier though!

Nice to venture into another thread couldn't really bear to post elsewhere until now even yesterday in one thread where people were discussing band of horses I had to bite my tongue now in going to see them there!

Never give up folks.

NFR NFC!

40 days to go.

1 hour ago, dizzymoo said:

Well that was intense!  Just spent the afternoon on the secret resale thread and listening out for Neil's checkpage alert (worked brilliantly by the way),  and managed to bag 2 tickets for a guy who'd been so devastated to miss out in the resale because he'd be unlikely to be well enough to go again after this year.  My hands were shaking more than when I got our tickets last May, and it felt so good to help someone else.  There's a mix of subdued elation from those who got tickets and absolute despair from those who didn't after 4 days F5ing.  The sale lasted less than 2 minutes and the 'festival tickets' button on the main page didn't  work properly so lots of frustrated people, and no chance of going back to try again for other people.  See are being coy, saying no plans for further sales but suggest keeping an eye on the site,  so there could be another chance for those who missed out today.

It's a lot quieter over here... 

DizzyMoo was that the guy that posted his story on here on the site about it being his last year probably ? If so thats amazing, I remember him and what an lovely soul you are for trying for him

We for the 3 remaining tickets for our friends in the secret sale as well, litererally through Neils checkpage and the reg numbers being prefilled on a page ... I know what you mean about shaking lol

I still feel terrible for those that have still missed out :-(

3 hours ago, Anderson19 said:

It is a lot quieter here I've spent 4 days solid on the secret resales thread and also managed to get 2 this afternoon thanks to all the help on here.

Still hasn't property sunk in - I though T-Day was bad this was something else my heart was pounding, couldn't be happier though!

Nice to venture into another thread couldn't really bear to post elsewhere until now even yesterday in one thread where people were discussing band of horses I had to bite my tongue now in going to see them there!

Never give up folks.

NFR NFC!

40 days to go.

Well done for getting tickets. Band of horses will be fab!

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm well, thanks lucy. The sun is shining (as it will at Glastonbury) and I've just had a pint of cider in the garden. What could be better? Add to that we're going away to Dorset on holiday this weekend for a week and you kind of get my mood. We'll be staying in the campervan for one or two nights then staying in a folly on the coast. Can't wait to go fossil hunting. Hope you are well. :)

Hoorah for cider in the garden! Fossil hunting will be good too, and I know the folly you mean, you showed me before (no Finbarr intended!), I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time :) 

I'm well thanks, although could do with more cider in the garden type time. Might remedy that at the weekend xx