NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

10 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Hi thurlow, good to see you :) 

goodnight you lovely bunch of weirdos! 

And that's why we're lovely! :) 

Morning all, it's gone all Manchester here again today!!! 

Am I the only one that panic packs last minute?! Some people are so organised! 

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Ramsden1970 said:

One day closer. Fighting the urge to start packing already

5 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I always pack a fair bit in advance. This weekend I'm off to my mum's, so I can't just yet, but probably next week. 

15 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I have a separate wardrobe which consists of most of my Glastonbury things. I just empty it all into a bag and that's me done. I can't start buying alcohol just yet or it'll be gone before we even reach june

44 minutes ago, Ramsden1970 said:

I have a separate wardrobe which consists of most of my Glastonbury things. I just empty it all into a bag and that's me done. I can't start buying alcohol just yet or it'll be gone before we even reach june

I have festival things all over the place! Some of the clothes I'll take, I wear outside of the festival so can't pack those, and I haven't got space to put my full rucksack anywhere until just before we go- then it goes in the car! 

Booze definitely has to wait, or you just end up buying it three times over!!! 

I won't buy booze until shortly before we go, to avoid me drinking it now. I have the shorts and wellies in the van. The other clothes are whatever's not in the washing at that time. Then sun cream and music for the trip, and we're done (my cuz gets the food). I am so surprised at how often the resale of CV tickets is happening, it is so nerve wracking to read of those looking for festival tickets though. Good luck!!

I have just been taught a harsh, but fair and important lesson. After happily boasting that the weather gods had spared me on my trip out yesterday afternoon, they have reminded me that no one is immune from their wrath, by giving me a thorough drenching this morning. I apologise, weather gods, for my arrogance, and willingly accept the admonition. 

#AHTWG

22 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I have just been taught a harsh, but fair and important lesson. After happily boasting that the weather gods had spared me on my trip out yesterday afternoon, they have reminded me that no one is immune from their wrath, by giving me a thorough drenching this morning. I apologise, weather gods, for my arrogance, and willingly accept the admonition. 

#AHTWG

It is easy to become complacent!! We all do it! Well done for accepting their wrath, and I'm sure they will see fit to show their brightness upon us at the festival as a thank you. 

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

#AHTWG

Tell them to bring it on! The more now, the less in June.

I'm now thinking there are going to be a lot more clashes since I started listening to Brave Sir Robin's spotify list - the first 4 on shuffle were great.

6 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

Im ok now, been a bit under the weather recently.

Ive not done much research yet into the line up, there are a few acts i know i like already so the clashes could be  bad without discovering a new favorite band

Has anyone jumped out of the line up at you so far?

Hi thurlow hope you are fighting fit now my old mucker.  Re line up I haven't done much research yet (sorry Ben!), like you I  already have quite a few I want to see, but am quite liking Blossoms, Unknown Mortal Orchestra will try and see Kamasai Washington and (so shoot me) I am quite hoping that Mumfords will play with Baaba Maal as I really like the new stuff they have done together.

Hello all it is very Manchester-y here in Manchester.  All hail the weather gods xx

Hi everybody

Thurlow - lovely to see you back here. Have you been following the madness that is the Secret Resale thread? It's strangely mesmerising! It's had 16000 views in the last 4-5 hours!!!

Dotty - don't panic about not having done too much homework yet. There's still lots of time. I guess it depends on how you feel you're doing with what we know so far! Unlike most Glastonbury 'first' posters, I like loads on this year's. Given that I always pick up masses from the undercard, I'm already worried. Very excited about some of the nighttime stuff. As you may know, I'm a dance all night monkey at festivals, and very much a technohead. So, Joey Beltram at 0130h on Sat night/Sunday morning at Genosys will start off my Saturday night brilliantly!

I've started to think about what to take and am determined to travel even lighter this year. As i said a few days ago, I have the use of a pal's lighter tent, and am thinking about ways to lessen my load across the packing. God. I'm excited just thinking about that! Six weeks from now I'll have completed my 'walk every path' challenge and be properly into Wednesday evening. 

It's gonna be SOOOOO good!

Need to order some of those Andrex on the Go packets. They're ace.

Ben