NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

37 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Enjoying a Bond film this afternoon. I do like a bit of octopussy on a r**ny day! ;) 

Roger Moore and his eyebrows, eh?

I channelled Sean Connery's accent to get the approximate pronunciation of S's in our recent weekend in Amsterdam. Near Shchipol airport, Mish Moneypenny,

Too much like Manchester outside in the garden, with the weather.

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Roger Moore and his eyebrows, eh?

I channelled Sean Connery's accent to get the approximate pronunciation of S's in our recent weekend in Amsterdam. Near Shchipol airport, Mish Moneypenny,

Too much like Manchester outside in the garden, with the weather.

I am coming to the conclusion that the weather gods like me. I went down the road to collect gumby jr and walk him home, wearing just jeans and t-shirt. There was a bit of mistiness in the air. Now, less than 5 minutes after getting back, it is distinctly Manchesterish out there. Proper stair rods! I'm a good luck charm, I tell you! :) 

5 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I am coming to the conclusion that the weather gods like me. I went down the road to collect gumby jr and walk him home, wearing just jeans and t-shirt. There was a bit of mistiness in the air. Now, less than 5 minutes after getting back, it is distinctly Manchesterish out there. Proper stair rods! I'm a good luck charm, I tell you! :) 

ooh well done! You must have done something very good to please the weather gods!! 

It's very un-Manchester here at the mo, although it was earlier. Typical Spring really! 

47 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

ooh well done! You must have done something very good to please the weather gods!! 

It's very un-Manchester here at the mo, although it was earlier. Typical Spring really! 

I'm originally from Manchester and was truly Manchestered on earlier while carrying heavy shopping bags so I couldn't run fast enough to avoid getting soaked. 

In better news, youngest had the first of his regular cookery afternoons and brought home a beautiful lemon drizzle cake.  Not exactly the dinner I'd hoped for, but I'll take whatever I can get!

Hope your car's ok @lucyginger and you enjoyed the Bondage @mr gumby. @cornish hick did your research lead to a favourite to take to the festival?

@Funkyfairy! try to chill. Very quiet today. I have no more idea than anyone else, but reckon the secret resale will be end of this week or Monday.

My mad world has just got even madder

Just booking flights to go away with work for 2 weeks from 22nd May  - 4th June, am away next weekend with a friend and leave for Glastonbury on 17th June (to have a weekend in the van pre festival) - that coupled with it being Jersey Folklore festival on 12th June means

there are 5 weekends between now and leaving for Glastonbury of which

I am away for 2 full weekends and 2 half weekends

I have 3 full days at home to sort out my belongings and pack

into panic mode

But excited as off to Bermuda with work :-)

Someone slap me and calm me down xxxx

1 minute ago, dizzymoo said:

I'm originally from Manchester and was truly Manchestered on earlier while carrying heavy shopping bags so I couldn't run fast enough to avoid getting soaked. 

In better news, youngest had the first of his regular cookery afternoons and brought home a beautiful lemon drizzle cake.  Not exactly the dinner I'd hoped for, but I'll take whatever I can get!

Hope your car's ok @lucyginger and you enjoyed the Bondage @mr gumby. @cornish hick did your research lead to a favourite to take to the festival?

@Funkyfairy! try to chill. Very quiet today. I have no more idea than anyone else, but reckon the secret resale will be end of this week or Monday.

Thank you - I am trying to remain calm. Yeah end of this week / beginning of next looks sensible - which is a curse as I'm on a flight Friday afternoon and out of wifi etc on Monday as in London and roaming is far too expensive to have on all the time, so it'll be curtains for my attempt for tickets :-(

1 minute ago, Funkyfairy! said:

My mad world has just got even madder

Just booking flights to go away with work for 2 weeks from 22nd May  - 4th June, am away next weekend with a friend and leave for Glastonbury on 17th June (to have a weekend in the van pre festival) - that coupled with it being Jersey Folklore festival on 12th June means

there are 5 weekends between now and leaving for Glastonbury of which

I am away for 2 full weekends and 2 half weekends

I have 3 full days at home to sort out my belongings and pack

into panic mode

But excited as off to Bermuda with work :-)

Someone slap me and calm me down xxxx

I'll slap you because I'm jealous! ;)  How do you get to go to Bermuda with work?

2 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I'm a very very  lucky girl :-) - going to be hard work, but I am rather excited (and I work in IT of all places so not glamourous :-)

I suppose IT's needed in Bermuda too.  I'm trying for other people in the resale, but can add you to my list if you want to dm me details.  Last year when I did get through it was so calm compared to the main sale I could have got back on the booking page several times.

Evening lovely people! 

Today is a good day for Me? I've reached the half way point in my trip offshore so now I'm counting down until I come home. 28 days to go! I also unexpectedly managed a decent bit of 3G signal earlier so taken the opportunity to download Radiohead and James Blake new albums. Now if I could only get rid of this ear infection I might actually be able to put my headphones on...:)

13 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Evening lovely people! 

Today is a good day for Me? I've reached the half way point in my trip offshore so now I'm counting down until I come home. 28 days to go! I also unexpectedly managed a decent bit of 3G signal earlier so taken the opportunity to download Radiohead and James Blake new albums. Now if I could only get rid of this ear infection I might actually be able to put my headphones on...:)

Oh dear that sounds a bit grim MJ. Does it cause problems with the diving?

2 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Enjoyed the bondage?! I'm not sure you meant that! But since you ask, I don't mind a bit now and then ;)

7 hours ago, noplacelikehome said:

Hi Thurlow, not seen you around these parts for a while how are you doing? Have you been locked away researching the line up since you got your ticket?

Im ok now, been a bit under the weather recently.

Ive not done much research yet into the line up, there are a few acts i know i like already so the clashes could be  bad without discovering a new favorite band

Has anyone jumped out of the line up at you so far?

12 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Oh dear that sounds a bit grim MJ. Does it cause problems with the diving?

It can do, so far I've managed to keep it at bay with pain killers while diving and I'm on a course of antibiotics now so it's starting to clear up a little.