NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

well that another injection ...this time in my shoulder ...waited 2 hours in hospital for that so hoping it helps ..

they seem to like injecting me so far thats about 17 this year  16 in back and todays ....any ways 2hats hope you is better old son all rest o you be good and pray lol

Hope the injection helps oldson

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went to the surgery again this morning. Doc said 'No way Glastonbury' (Having shin hole dressed every other day) 3 out of four limbs currently u/s. Another long time core crew member has a pair of useless wrists. Can't expect girl crew plus one other to do everything. Crisis meeting with other fit bloke crew member to discuss options tomorrow afternoon. Arse.

41 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Went to the surgery again this morning. Doc said 'No way Glastonbury' (Having shin hole dressed every other day) 3 out of four limbs currently u/s. Another long time core crew member has a pair of useless wrists. Can't expect girl crew plus one other to do everything. Crisis meeting with other fit bloke crew member to discuss options tomorrow afternoon. Arse.

Thats terrible news...hope you find some way around it

42 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

bugger - hope you work out a plan b- or plan c

3 hours ago, carlosj said:

It's blue grey in Leeds but is dry.

The alcohol list has been sorted. We're having curry on Wednesday after setting up. I should make it as some point to the do afterwards if anyone's still there about 8.

I'm on a roll.

Curry will help you 'win' at poo golf!

46 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Truly sorry to hear that SS,  really hope you find a way to go (and recover quickly too)

44 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Oh buggity bugger, Dusty. Hope you can rustle enough support to allow you to go. Blimey, with all the ailments on here I should open a clinic on site. I'd make my ticket cost back many times over!

Hope there's a solution that gets you there...

:)

Ben

8 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

:( The place won't quite be the same without you.  But regardless of your wares I hope you make it.

Much sunny healing love to all medical complaints!

8 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I'm really sorry to hear that! I hope you get this sorted out.

8 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Blimey, with all the ailments on here I should open a clinic on site. I'd make my ticket cost back many times over!

Hope there's a solution that gets you there...

:)

Ben

Hang on, what happened to the 'free at the point of delivery'?

Oh sawdust that's terrible :-( really hope the crisis call goes well and you can get the support you need... And your recovery goes well.

2hats , how's your head this morning ? 

Hope everyone who's is feeling under the weather recovers well , and anyone who is feeling fine stays good

FFxx

9 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Hope you find a solution, Dusty. You're part of the furniture (sorry) at glasto, it would be very sad if you couldn't do it. 

9 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I only recently realised that I think you and I have been for all the same years, so as a simple matter of selfishness I need you there to maintain synchronicity.

I wonder who that doctor is that Sinead O'Connor visits in nothing compares 2 u?  They sound ideal for a second opinion.

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ask Jeremy Hunt (not rhyming slang)

;)

Ben

I can't. I wouldn't be able to stop shouting at him louder and louder.

At least his staff are happy working for him, they get eye tests (fair enough) AND expensive designer glasses paid for by us.  I can't type any more, as this should be in the discussions forum, and my chest is tightening. :-(

Anyway, NFJHNFRNFC y'all

6 minutes ago, carlosj said:

I can't. I wouldn't be able to stop shouting at him louder and louder.

At least his staff are happy working for him, they get eye tests (fair enough) AND expensive designer glasses paid for by us.  I can't type any more, as this should be in the discussions forum, and my chest is tightening. :-(

Anyway, NFJHNFRNFC y'all

As Mrs Ben says (she's frontline NHS too, obvs)...they're all dead behind the eyes...

Ben

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Oh sawdust that's terrible :-( really hope the crisis call goes well and you can get the support you need... And your recovery goes well.

2hats , how's your head this morning ? 

Hope everyone who's is feeling under the weather recovers well , and anyone who is feeling fine stays good

FFxx

My head is improving. Botox is gone, but I have piggy eyes, like Joseph Gordon-Levitt is Looper. The main thing is I got my blood results back and the antibiotics are kicking ass. Probably back to work tomorrow. Good job I work for myself so I can go back to bed if I don't fancy it. Even more excitedly, I've been referred as an outpatient to a dermatologist to try and address some of my longer term skin issues (don't worry you I'm not going to describe them!)

Anyway, sounds like I'm one of the fittest people on here. Really sorry to hear your woes, Sawdust. You can't not be at Glastonbury. Surely they'd just call the whole thing off?

And keep your pecker up old son, you're still coming, I trust?

Dusty you HAVE to go!! My offer of help still stands, however I am super squeamish so can't be doing anything medical!! Would happily help any other way possible but not arriving til Wed am (or late night Tues) so not really sure what could be done. But please let us know if we can do anything! 

Genie- what fruity gin have you got on the go? I've got pineapple that I started about 3 months ago, and I'll do strawberry too :)

Sunny here today folks, as Guy says, its getting summery! 

Much love to all :)

Nice and dry and bright here today, but rather cl**dy. I guess it's good for the people working on the festival site, as they've not got the sun burning their necks while they get things done! :) 

Looking forward to next week, as we will be within 30 days of the festival starting. Always fun to watch the 'scientist' fumbling in the dark, trying to predict what the weather gods will do! 

10 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

And they WILL!  I shall make bountiful sacrifices to ensure they smile on us, starting with a bonfire made up of old weather forecasts torn out of newspapers.

Just now, mr gumby said:

Ooh! I like your style :) 

I do too! Very well done!!! :)