• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Evening all been out at a rather lovely lunch today so couldn't drop in, unfortunately driving so am now tucking into wine to make up for not having any today. Hello Jeffie nice to see you back! Did the resale happen? I am desk bound next week so will be able to help.

Enjoy the gin lucy

4 hours ago, lucyginger said:

I do admire you parenting sorts you know!!! I also think you're mad, but there you go!! 

We've had over 120 in Nursery today..thankfully I have been office bound for some of it.. still easier than having one (or more!) :o of your own though!!! 

20 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

Evening all been out at a rather lovely lunch today so couldn't drop in, unfortunately driving so am now tucking into wine to make up for not having any today. Hello Jeffie nice to see you back! Did the resale happen? I am desk bound next week so will be able to help.

Enjoy the gin lucy

No there wasn't a resale.

I'm going to see what I can do to get access at more work type places.  Severely limited at the moment.

26 minutes ago, jeffie said:

Um, 3 labradors, 2 cats, 2 daughters and 8 fish?

That's bordering on masochism. I'd suggest feeding the fish to the cats, then feeding the cats to the dogs, then feed the dogs to the daughters. I don't think you're allowed to feed your daughters to anything, so you'd have to stop there, but it would lighten the load. You're welcome! :) 

6 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

That's bordering on masochism. I'd suggest feeding the fish to the cats, then feeding the cats to the dogs, then feed the dogs to the daughters. I don't think you're allowed to feed your daughters to anything, so you'd have to stop there, but it would lighten the load. You're welcome! :) 

Perhaps you can put some recipes on here with suitable music choices to accompany?

Evening all,

While @mr gumby had what sounded like a very sophisticated meal accompanied by Mr Lou Reed I have just had beans on toast while listening to Beans On Toast....  No joke either it's just what the shuffle gods did with my Glastonbury Spotify playlist.

Still it was nice. 

On the subject of pets and children, I am immensely glad I have neither. I can barely look after myself! Respect to all of you that have pets, children or both.

8 hours ago, mr gumby said:

So, what does everyone think of the Glade lineup?

I'm looking forward to Cassetteboy, Stereo MCs and a few others. Quite like the sound of Mik Artistik in The Spike, too. Only seen him in the cabaret field and croissant neuf before. 

I wonder if @bennyhana22 has exploded with excitement yet! :D 

Well...

Truth is, I'm just trying to catch top after a hell of a day. First time in years that I've spent 6 hours with a patient - a little 5 year old hit by a car transporter with the most complex pelvic and lower spinal fractures. All very challenging...not just because of how badly injured she is, but the fact that I had to be the facilitator of discussion and management planning between about 6 different surgical consultants from separate specialties!

And by jiminy she's the bravest child I have seen in forever. Unbelievable.

Back to more distracting, but less important things such as The Glade...!

YES! Just about ready to pop now, Gumbles.

Vessels, Braids, Dave Seaman (no, not that one), CC and PLAID! I bloody love Plaid! It's snobby electronic dance music for intelligent people!

That all means that I am now super stressed, as I have NO idea how on earth I'm going to fit all of this into The Schedule®.

My method is to create a sheet for each of the five days, divided into 24 x 1 hour rows. I fill in all of the definite, based on clashes etc. I then spend weeks exploring ALL of the possibilities for all of the unfilled rows, eventually completing pretty much all of them. Some are left as either/or, or this, this or this, but there are very few gaps!

To do that, I need SOOOO much time, so the full schedule online beast dropping is crucial to my military planning! Because, with so many acts, I only listen to and explore the 'possibles' based on whether I will have the option to choose them or not, based on gaps in The Schedule®

I realise that this level of organisation and planning will be anathema to many and not how they think of Glastonbury. But trust me when I say that the combination of trying to see as much as I possibly can alongside lots of random time is what makes my festivals so great. Contrary to the impression I give, there is still LOADS of time for bimbling and letting the festival happen to me - especially when I've got 5 x 20-21 hour days!!

I will now fret until the beast is revealed...

Everyone alright, otherwise?

:)

Ben

1 hour ago, dizzymoo said:

Perhaps you can put some recipes on here with suitable music choices to accompany?

Well, I guess something by Fish for the first stage. He did a live album called 'Sushi', which seems appropriate. 

Secondly, 'We are Siamese, if you please' perhaps?

And last, I reckon Baha Men - Who let the dogs out? 

I can cook fish, but I don't know any cat or dog recipes, sorry. 

1 hour ago, ourkid1984 said:

Evening all,

While @mr gumby had what sounded like a very sophisticated meal accompanied by Mr Lou Reed I have just had beans on toast while listening to Beans On Toast....  No joke either it's just what the shuffle gods did with my Glastonbury Spotify playlist.

Still it was nice. 

On the subject of pets and children, I am immensely glad I have neither. I can barely look after myself! Respect to all of you that have pets, children or both.

Really hoping to catch Beans on Toast this year, missed him last time. Sounds like he's probably doing a few sets this year, so surely they can't all clash with other things (naive, I know!) 

Tomorrow I am having a line up day, I intend on goin through everything and listening to people I haven't heard of. My biggest issue with glastonbury is I never decide what I want to do in the night time. So I always end up wondering around aimlessly. This year, I intend on changing that. And enjoying something and a venue for long enough. 

So, I like anything - by that I mean I am willing to give anything a try / listen then see if I like it or not. 

In a nutshell who do you recommend, artists who aren't well known in a mainstream way - your top 3 not to be missed!

13 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Well...

Truth is, I'm just trying to catch top after a hell of a day. First time in years that I've spent 6 hours with a patient - a little 5 year old hit by a car transporter with the most complex pelvic and lower spinal fractures. All very challenging...not just because of how badly injured she is, but the fact that I had to be the facilitator of discussion and management planning between about 6 different surgical consultants from separate specialties!

Back to more distracting, but less important things such as The Glade...!

YES! Just about ready to pop now, Gumbles.

Vessels, Braids, Dave Seaman (no, not that one), CC and PLAID! I bloody love Plaid! It's snobby electronic dance music for intelligent people!

That all means that I am now super stressed, as I have NO idea how on earth I'm going to fit all of this into The Schedule®.

My method is to create a sheet for each of the five days, divided into 24 x 1 hour rows. I fill in all of the definite, based on clashes etc. I then spend weeks exploring ALL of the possibilities for all of the unfilled rows, eventually completing pretty much all of them. Some are left as either/or, or this, this or this, but there are very few gaps!

To do that, I need SOOOO much time, so the full schedule online beast dropping is crucial to my military planning! Because, with so many acts, I only listen to and explore the 'possibles' based on whether I will have the option to choose them or not, based on gaps in The Schedule®

I realise that this level of organisation and planning will be anathema to many and not how they think of Glastonbury. But trust me when I say that the combination of trying to see as much as I possibly can alongside lots of random time is what makes my festivals so great. Contrary to the impression I give, there is still LOADS of time for bimbling and letting the festival happen to me - especially when I've got 5 x 20-21 hour days!!

I will now fret until the beast is revealed...

Everyone alright, otherwise?

:)

Ben

It must be a strange situation for you, Ben. On the one hand, dealing with life and death like that on a regular basis must put festival entertainment into perspective. On the other hand, announcements about the lineup must provide a welcome relief at the end of a shift. 

Glad you're excited anyway. I won't pretend to have absorbed your approach entirely, as it's Friday night and I've had a few, but best of luck fitting it all in (fnar!) :) 

22 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Well...

I may not have mentioned this before, Ben but you're fucking amazing 

I go to work and watch people get stressed over what is basically arsing about with cheques. What you do for people is stunning. 

No excuse for your shit taste IN music though.

Thanks so much for the get well messages... Got a warm glow going on :)  They are trusting me to sort out my shin hole myself this weekend as the GP's are closed (won't go into details, but got pics for you  if you are weird ) and hopefully if that works it bodes well for more independence soon. Not looking forward to the procedure but have codeine . Codeine helps :)

4 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Thanks so much for the get well messages... Got a warm glow going on :)  They are trusting me to sort out my shin hole myself this weekend as the GP's are closed (won't go into details, but got pics for you  if you are weird ) and hopefully if that works it bodes well for more independence soon. Not looking forward to the procedure but have codeine . Codeine helps :)

Good luck getting better swiftly 

19 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

It must be a strange situation for you, Ben. On the one hand, dealing with life and death like that on a regular basis must put festival entertainment into perspective. On the other hand, announcements about the lineup must provide a welcome relief at the end of a shift. 

Glad you're excited anyway. I won't pretend to have absorbed your approach entirely, as it's Friday night and I've had a few, but best of luck fitting it all in (fnar!) :) 

You are spot on, Gumbles. I've been in the business for long enough now that the horrid stuff and sadness is something that you just 'know' how to manage. But, I'm good at leaving it at the hospital, most of the time, and wonderful things like GF complete the Yin and Yang of it all.

Wish I'd had a few, as it were - plenty of time for that in June. And I can fit loads in.

Ben

16 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I may not have mentioned this before, Ben but you're fucking amazing 

I go to work and watch people get stressed over what is basically arsing about with cheques. What you do for people is stunning. 

No excuse for your shit taste IN music though.

With no degree of false modesty or silly self-deprecation, Gnomy, that's very sweet but I'm not. I've just worked for a long time in a particular job and am therefore quite good at it. But lots of people are, and I am often reminded of how important all parts of the mankind machine are, and how we have to keep our part in that in perspective. I get cross when medics get too caught up in their own worthiness, or rather the lack of that in some others. What I do know is that what I do is a great privilege at times. Such as spending time talking to and explaining things to the grandparents of this child today, who had to be strong for the child after their own child, the child's mother, was killed in the same incident. Now that's fucking amazing.

Anyway, not a thing to dwell on, on a Friday night.

I love you guys. Even those who's musical taste is still entrenched in the 70's/80's.

;)

Ben

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

You are spot on, Gumbles. I've been in the business for long enough now that the horrid stuff and sadness is something that you just 'know' how to manage. But, I'm good at leaving it at the hospital, most of the time, and wonderful things like GF complete the Yin and Yang of it all.

Wish I'd had a few, as it were - plenty of time for that in June. And I can fit loads in.

Ben

Yeah, I can sort-of understand, by proxy at least. Mrs gumby is a children and families social worker, who sees horrible shit regularly. She has to be able to 'switch off' at the end of a day, otherwise she'd be unable to relax and enjoy being with her family.