NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

Evening all :) 

Apologies for my absence over the last couple of days. My roaming data limit was reached while we were away (I blame the obsessive checking for resales!), and I'm buggered if I'm going to give EE any more money, so I had to wait until I got home to wifi before I could post. 

Thanks to @Milky Joe for continuing the countdown this morning. Here's my thought for the day.

image.jpg

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all

@ourkid1984 - traffic will be a breeze and you'll not queue and, as people say, there'll be plenty of room. How exciting!

I have to say that, for whatever reason, my 'proper' Glastonbury obsession has kicked in just this evening. I mean, I was already thinking about it and excited of course...but tonight my real GF fever has started.

That will now mean that I will think about almost nothing else for the next 5 weeks, and need to be mindful not to mention it all the time at home, for fear of making everyone (even more!) fed up with me.

know it's started because I am feeling that genuine frustration at not having the full line-up, so I can begin the military operation that is planning my festival.

When I think about 'other' festivals, they are a breeze to plan in comparison. You usually know the running order at least several weeks beforehand and, using the pretty consistent stage times from previous years, you can therefore populate a 99% accurate clashfinder....containing only 4-5 stages! Glastonbury? I can't even look at the clashfinder as it's too huge to manage. So I create a sheet for each day with hour sections and go through every aspect of the Beast, populating it as closely as I can. That takes forever!!

In summary, I need the frickin' full line-up toot sweet please, Emily!

:)

Ben

47 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi all

@ourkid1984 - traffic will be a breeze and you'll not queue and, as people say, there'll be plenty of room. How exciting!

I have to say that, for whatever reason, my 'proper' Glastonbury obsession has kicked in just this evening. I mean, I was already thinking about it and excited of course...but tonight my real GF fever has started.

That will now mean that I will think about almost nothing else for the next 5 weeks, and need to be mindful not to mention it all the time at home, for fear of making everyone (even more!) fed up with me.

know it's started because I am feeling that genuine frustration at not having the full line-up, so I can begin the military operation that is planning my festival.

When I think about 'other' festivals, they are a breeze to plan in comparison. You usually know the running order at least several weeks beforehand and, using the pretty consistent stage times from previous years, you can therefore populate a 99% accurate clashfinder....containing only 4-5 stages! Glastonbury? I can't even look at the clashfinder as it's too huge to manage. So I create a sheet for each day with hour sections and go through every aspect of the Beast, populating it as closely as I can. That takes forever!!

In summary, I need the frickin' full line-up toot sweet please, Emily!

:)

Ben

Like you Ben my obsession has gone in overdrive today brought on by boredom of being home and unwell and also knowing I now have no big plans until Glastonbury so just wanna completely concentrate on my plans for the festival and yes it's exciting!

9 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

Evenin all how r yu all tonite?

Pretty tickety-boo, th

You?

I have to say that with each listen I am liking the new James Blake record more and more. I'm now slightly nervous that Emily will bugger things up by putting Explosions in the Sky up against him on Saturday night...

What are your must sees so far, old chum?

Ben

12 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Pretty tickety-boo, th

You?

I have to say that with each listen I am liking the new James Blake record more and more. I'm now slightly nervous that Emily will bugger things up by putting Explosions in the Sky up against him on Saturday night...

What are your must sees so far, old chum?

Ben

I cant commit to anyone until i see the full line up and running order

Theres been little bits on most of the stages announced so far that i like so im bound to have loads of clashes

Do i sacrifce what i know will be a great set from someone ive seen before for someone i like but have never experienced live?

When the first poster arrived i was a definate for Ezra Furman, Elo, Zz top, the last shadow puppets, band of horses but i cant say for certain that any of those will make the final 3 each day. Its really solid undercard for me

I made the mistake of looking at clashfinder once and that put man and the echo, Ezra Furman and Zz Top all on at the same time so i refused to believe it and decided to wait these last couple of weeks before making my mind up

Evening all. This morning I got to see Baby and sister. They are both fab but sister is very tired. I went to work and everyone I passed said "not long now Kerrie!!" That really means that everyone in my establishment knows I love the farm... And I work with over a 1000 people!   5 fricking weeks on Wednesday. I'd take going on Thursday than not at all! But I do love the Wednesday to wander around and meet people. 

2 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Evening all :) 

Apologies for my absence over the last couple of days. My roaming data limit was reached while we were away (I blame the obsessive checking for resales!), and I'm buggered if I'm going to give EE any more money, so I had to wait until I got home to wifi before I could post. 

Thanks to @Milky Joe for continuing the countdown this morning. Here's my thought for the day.

image.jpg

I like the A37:)

southbound only of course!

47 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

Do i sacrifce what i know will be a great set from someone ive seen before for someone i like but have never experienced live?

This I'm dreading, but I think I'd go for the latter. Or just run between each one repeatedly...The other factor is the 'may never see again' pushing it up the clashfinder list.

17 minutes ago, carlosj said:

This I'm dreading, but I think I'd go for the latter. Or just run between each one repeatedly...The other factor is the 'may never see again' pushing it up the clashfinder list.

Where everyone is i feel will be the biggest deciding factor fot me in the end i think

2 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Evening all. This morning I got to see Baby and sister. They are both fab but sister is very tired. I went to work and everyone I passed said "not long now Kerrie!!" That really means that everyone in my establishment knows I love the farm... And I work with over a 1000 people!   5 fricking weeks on Wednesday. I'd take going on Thursday than not at all! But I do love the Wednesday to wander around and meet people. 

Did you get to give Baby a big cuddle CG?

15 hours ago, ourkid1984 said:

Hi Lucy, 

Yeah judged on your reports of the firework display and other comments I reckon I am about a 5 minute drive from you. I'm thinking the traffic will be a lot better at that time anyway and questions to get in will be less stressful. So I'm not too upset about it after being convinced that there will be plenty of room.

The whiskey has been drunk but I only have a shower so that had to do! It's my dads go to remedy for any illness so he forced me to do it :)

I'm hoping to still make the meet even if we are a little late.

Ooh are we neighbouroonies? :) Do we know each other in real life? I'll PM you! 

Morning all! Got my car back from the garage last night. It had it's MOT and failed on a wiper blade and a bulb. My car is almost 19 years old!! So that's one big thing out of the way and now my excitement levels can ramp up! I'm just waiting for a date for a little operation (won't be before glast now) and once I know when that is, I can concentrate fully on the festival!! :) 

I keep forgetting I've got another festival on bank holiday weekend!!! 

Afternoon all, I've forgotten to listen in to BSR's spotify list again. I've missed 4 days of being able to check new bands to go see. I shouldn't even be on here as I'm sorting out work whilst multitasking on practicing for a job interview tomorrow afternoon. OK, Spotify from tomorrow afternoon, taking the van out this weekend, and that's my Glastonbury prep done for this week.

54 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Afternoon all, I've forgotten to listen in to BSR's spotify list again. I've missed 4 days of being able to check new bands to go see. I shouldn't even be on here as I'm sorting out work whilst multitasking on practicing for a job interview tomorrow afternoon. OK, Spotify from tomorrow afternoon, taking the van out this weekend, and that's my Glastonbury prep done for this week.

I keep forgetting about Spotify too!! 

Is the job interview for you, or are you the interviewer? Either way, good luck! 

Hullo all, I regale thee from the departure area of Manchester airport. In the last day and a bit I've done England to Wales to Ireland to Wales to England and soon back to Ireland. Planes, trains, automobiles and ferries. All in the name of moving house. That's after a weekend of drinking that left a certain efester needing a trip to a&e. Last leg now. Hope your all not as fuckered as I am. :)

Just now, mr gumby said:

Where the bloody hell has the sun gone? 

It's here in manchester, ironically. :D

7 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Blimey yeti!! Is everything ok now?! 

Hmm so it seems that Manchester and the rest of the UK can't have the sun at the same time.. it's gone awfully grey here i time for my walk home. Humph. 

It was a convoluted way of moving but it worked out fine in the end thanks. Well, I've still got to get home but all the hard work is done.