It's Florence

fatyeti24

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be the lesser of two evils to get a replacement sub. If they take a sub sized act (or two because I don't think Flo has enough decent material to cover the headliner slot) from elsewhere then you weaken the lineup on other stages and have to strengthen there from lesser stages and so on thus weakening the entire lineup. IMO

Although I've already stated we are spoilt for choice on the other stages. Just looking again at the Pyramid lineup for the weekend and I think it's possibly the weakest Pyramid lineup I can remember. (obviously for my tastes).

I will probably see a couple tracks of Motorhead for nostalgia and then Paul Weller and The Who. The last two I have seen at Glastonbury before.

I don't get why people are excited for Florence headlining, she was already subbing so it's not like you're suddenly getting this all-new-all-different act playing the Pyramid stage. She's just going to be playing essentially the same set but later in the evening. Good for her, yes, but it's not like the people going to see her wouldn't have seen her otherwise. Instead we're losing the Foo Fighters and almost certainly not getting someone at the same level back in the subbing slot.

I'm not bashing Flo. She seems genuine and very popular but unfortunately her voice grates on me like nails on a blackboard (Kanyes voice does exact same thing for me). 

I was going to Foos due to my youngest wanting to see them, and knowing it would be a great show, but now have a real dilemma - Hot Chip (who I really like) OR SFA (who I really like). The undercards of each are also on a par. 

Telling mates on FB who are gutted about Foos pulling out how spoiled for choice we really are.

Hot Chip start 45 mins before SFA so I reckon you could easily do half and half..... That's what i'm planning on....

I don't get why people are excited for Florence headlining, she was already subbing so it's not like you're suddenly getting this all-new-all-different act playing the Pyramid stage. She's just going to be playing essentially the same set but later in the evening. Good for her, yes, but it's not like the people going to see her wouldn't have seen her otherwise. Instead we're losing the Foo Fighters and almost certainly not getting someone at the same level back in the subbing slot.

I can understand the disappointment but there isn't anything GFL can do about that, they haven't tried to shaft anyone.

I don't think anyone is particularly happy or excited about the situation. It's an unfortunate problem that the organisers have had to deal with, and people are hopeful that Florence will put on a good show. I wish her luck, but of course, having Flo + another headline size act would have been preferable, just maybe not feasible at this late stage.

If this comment isn't sarcastic then the irony is palpable

'KennyCarwash   17m ago   

That's a bit disappointing. I like Florence just fine, but I'm not sure a band that releases basically the same album every other year are good enough to headline Glastonbury.'

'KennyCarwash   17m ago   

That's a bit disappointing. I like Florence just fine, but I'm not sure a band that releases basically the same album every other year are good enough to headline Glastonbury.'

Hahaha, classic

I don't think anyone is particularly happy or excited about the situation. It's an unfortunate problem that the organisers have had to deal with, and people are hopeful that Florence will put on a good show. I wish her luck, but of course, having Flo + another headline size act would have been preferable, just maybe not feasible at this late stage.

Yeah, I'm speaking mostly out of exasperation at some texts from friends who are over the moon, I know there's nothing to be done but still fairly disappointing. At least Foos were on top of a 4-way clash for me so there's other options, just was secretly hoping for someone even better to come in!

I don't get why people are excited for Florence headlining, she was already subbing so it's not like you're suddenly getting this all-new-all-different act playing the Pyramid stage. She's just going to be playing essentially the same set but later in the evening. Good for her, yes, but it's not like the people going to see her wouldn't have seen her otherwise.

We get a longer set from her, meaning it's less likely she'll cut out the old stuff.

'KennyCarwash   17m ago   

'KennyCarwash   17m ago   

Couch viewers are out in force : 

"Disappointing. I would have tuned in for the Foos (not their biggest fan, but they would have put on a good show) but I won't bother watching FATM. AC/DC would have been immense - such a shame they didn't get the call."