2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think they're doing Thursday and Saturday in mainland Europe and Sunday in London, which makes it almost certain they won't end up there.

The National?

23 June 2016
Odense, Denmark
TICKETS  /  

24 June 2016
Beuningen, The Netherlands
TICKETS  /  

12 July 2016
Pistoia, Italy
TICKETS  /  

14 July 2016
Lisbon, Portugal
TICKETS  /  

17 July 2016
Dublin , Ireland

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The National?

23 June 2016
Odense, Denmark
TICKETS  /  

24 June 2016
Beuningen, The Netherlands
TICKETS  /  

12 July 2016
Pistoia, Italy
TICKETS  /  

14 July 2016
Lisbon, Portugal
TICKETS  /  

17 July 2016
Dublin , Ireland

Sigur Ros.

Just now, DJ Cull said:

I'm sure I can't be the only person who'd not heard of BMTH until now...how on earth are the headlining the Other stage? It should so be The National instead.

I had never heard their music till people posted songs on here. Have seem some of the kids in Affleck's Palace wearing the T shirts though.

4 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

and yet we've ended up with BMTH screaming to a probably half-empty field, and New Order probably going through the motions playing mostly the same songs as 15 years ago.

Optimistic... I think they'll draw one of the smallest Other Stage headline crowds ever. Especially up against Coldplay and Earth, Wind and Fire.

Panic At The Disco drew a tiny crowd in 2008, and the Glastonbury attendees would have been a lot more familiar with them.

49 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Optimistic... I think they'll draw one of the smallest Other Stage headline crowds ever. Especially up against Coldplay and Earth, Wind and Fire.

Panic At The Disco drew a tiny crowd in 2008, and the Glastonbury attendees would have been a lot more familiar with them.

For the size they are now they probably should be heading stage although they wouldn't be the 1st act the do a similar tour to that and sub (I think this is probably at the bigger end though), but for their less broad appeal it would be better as a sub.

8 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

Theyll go down like a lead balloon..... very much a shit example of their genre. and I agree about the tiny crowd, cant imagine even among the glasto rock/metal fans contingent many of them are going to be the kind of `scene kids` that would scream the place down for bmtth they arent exactly beloved even by metal fans so god knows why people think they should be headlining anything at glasto.

I genuinely think this. There's about 20 of us going, all with varying musical tastes and maturities, BMTH barely register on any of our radars. The ones who are aware of them are into the more serious side of metal, and wouldn't even entertain the thought of watching them headline the Other.

The sparsest crowd I saw at the Other for an act that wasn't on early doors last year was Young Fathers. I predict this'll be about the size that BMTH get. I can remember watching Queens of the Stone Age in 2011 and having plenty of room to move about to the sides, and they're a far bigger band.

I'd be kind of interested to see what kind of crowd they get. I totally believe they deserve that spot, but whether the audience will be there is another thing, especially on the Sunday when people are knackered - they would've been far better suited for the Friday imo. Reckon the crowd will start out okay and thin out pretty massively towards the end

Nothing in the frame excites me this year apart from LCD Soundsystem. They're my favourite band and I'm dying to see them, I've accepted as fact that they'll headline The Other. It's LCD and No Bones Jones that are keeping my excitement going. Obviously I'll have an amazing time when I'm there, but the procession of bands that turn me right off is a bit of a downer. I don't see LCD subbing the Pyramid, they just don't have the wide appeal for that field. Looking back at the Pyramid sub across the last few years they seem very out of place. Only Nick Cave has a similar status and appeal, and he's obviously an exception as he's as Glastonbury as longdrops, and probably much more of a name than LCD are.

Is there a reason BMTH can't do JP or something? Before anyone cries too big, general census on here is the Other Stage will be empty but the amount of people you would expect would surely fit the tent quite nicely, depending on who they are up against. Just a thought.

On second thought, that probably wouldn't work... oh well.

Edited by mf_2005

Yeah BMTH is really a mystery. God awful band. I really have no idea who likes them other than Radio 1 and 16 year old scene kids. They were a joke when they first started 10 years ago when Olly Sykes pissed on a fan and they really haven't progressed at all in that time. The only thing they have done is ditched their original sound for some stomach turning blend of pop metal.

When bands such as Deftones are around it's such a shame to see Glastonbury go for BMTH as their 'metal' representative. They need to employ someone with a better knowledge of the genre to judge which bands would more appropriately cross over to Glastonbury, rather than pluck whatever is hot and just throw it on.

2 hours ago, jackarmy said:

I genuinely think this. There's about 20 of us going, all with varying musical tastes and maturities, BMTH barely register on any of our radars. The ones who are aware of them are into the more serious side of metal, and wouldn't even entertain the thought of watching them headline the Other.

The sparsest crowd I saw at the Other for an act that wasn't on early doors last year was Young Fathers. I predict this'll be about the size that BMTH get. I can remember watching Queens of the Stone Age in 2011 and having plenty of room to move about to the sides, and they're a far bigger band.

What are you talking about? They were on Other at 14.45. Rubbish slot for them and obviously going to be sparse. 

I had never heard of BMTH until I kept seeing that abbreviation on efestivals and did not understand what it meant. Later I found out. I will give them a listen on youtube soon as I might like them. Least I'll know if I fancy watching them as my Sunday headliner. Personally though, I'm hoping for someone really good on West Holts on Sunday.

8 hours ago, H.M.V said:

What are you talking about? They were on Other at 14.45. Rubbish slot for them and obviously going to be sparse. 

I agree it was a rubbish slot, but by "early doors" I meant like before 1pm early. I'm a fan, so it's not a slight on Young Fathers - just an observation, they were the biggest name act I saw on the Other with a sparse crowd...

Anyway, regardless. They'll still get  a bigger crowd than BMTH.