2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

BTW, just checking back on that New Order stuff I've just re-noticed that I was told Kendrick is the 3rd headliner - tho the guy telling me has his own suspicions that it might not be right, tho it's what he's heard via a band that's playing. (It's quite possible that this is one of those 'would like to do' things which get written on potential line-ups but doesn't come about ... I guess it depends on whether Kendrick is really exclusive to BST or not).

Was that to do with this? Because if it wasn't and there were two people who'd been told that possibly by different bands, then that'd be very promising, but I'm assuming it is.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Although Kendrick and Sigur Ros both re-entering the picture is very exciting, the lack of any LCD news is worrying. Far too many rumoured strong Pyramid subs/Other headliners this year, it's insane

Maybe LCD will play the Hot Chip slot on West Holts?  They seem intent on shoe horning larger acts into that field after the whole Nile Rogers thing.

3 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

Maybe LCD will play the Hot Chip slot on West Holts?  They seem intent on shoe horning larger acts into that field after the whole Nile Rogers thing.

I really think they're too big for it, but not totally impossible I suppose. Would seem odd for them to accept such a slot when they're headlining pretty much every other festival they're playing

Just now, FloorFiller said:

I really think they're too big for it, but not totally impossible I suppose. Would seem odd for them to accept such a slot when they're headlining pretty much every other festival they're playing

Yeah I guess you can sell it as "you'd be playing the same stage that Nile Rogers and Parliament Funkadelic played" ... hard to claim you are bigger or more important than those artists :D

As for clashes with that line up, hopefully something good will be on in The Park ;)

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Although Kendrick and Sigur Ros both re-entering the picture is very exciting, the lack of any LCD news is worrying. Far too many rumoured strong Pyramid subs/Other headliners this year, it's insane

But is Kendrick actually re-entering the picture or is it the same info from supreme that we had before? If Neil clears that up then I'll know whether to be excited or not. :P

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

But is Kendrick actually re-entering the picture or is it the same info from supreme that we had before? If Neil clears that up then I'll know whether to be excited or not. :P

Yeah I think it's more likely to be the old info that got us initially excited so I'm not gonna put much faith in it - chances are we won't get either of Kendrick or Sigur Ros. But... what if we do!?

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

LCD too big for a field that holds 30,000+? No way on this earth.

Not that I think they'd play that stage.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

hot chip are hugely bigger.

they're not bigger at this moment in time. If LCD had never gone away it might be roughly the same but at this very moment in time LCD are much bigger.

Hot Chip played Leeds Met (Beckett) on their tour in Oct 2015 which is no more than 1,000 capacity (i've seen it quoted as 900) and it barely sold out. I think it did in the end but like a few days before.

LCD are headlining festivals all over europe and if they announced academy sized UK gigs at this moment in time they would sell out in an hour or less. people are desperate to see them because they have been away and they thought it was all over.

Edited by Memory Man

2 minutes ago, russycarps said:

are there actual reasons for thinking LCD might play, rather than dates etc? 

the guy for Consequence of Sound that broke all their news said that they're playing at least one of Glastonbury, Latitude and Bestival. (and it's not Bestival according to RdB).

someone else said Glastonbury and a London gig (which turned out to be Lovebox).

i think someone said Latitude announcing next week, so if they're not on that then they must be pretty nailed on.

Edited by ghostdancer1

not especially, other that it seems like the type of event they would be looking to play given they seem to be playing a lot of festivals in europe over this time period on their comeback tour.

they've played before (altho how much they enjoyed it im not sure) and James has DJ'd with soulwax as Despacio a couple of years ago so theres links to the fest.

5 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

they're not bigger at this moment in time. If LCD had never gone away it might be roughly the same but at this very moment in time LCD are much bigger.

No way.

Few (in comparison) cared about them when they existed, and they don't have any greater penetration now either.

Just because you personally might be excited about them (can I suggest wider listening habits? :P) doesn't get to mean that everyone is desperate to see them.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

No way.

Few (in comparison) cared about them when they existed, and they don't have any greater penetration now either.

Just because you personally might be excited about them (can I suggest wider listening habits? :P) doesn't get to mean that everyone is desperate to see them.

This ^