Glastocam!

pauladam

11 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

I think that’s in the interstage area isn’t it? In 2009 I worked in a catering place up at the top by the farm and we got wristbands that allowed us to use the interstage area as a rat run (or at least it worked on Wednesday and Thursday but not at the weekend). I remember there was a dome shaped small stage in there.

It's the hive that is across from BBC introducing

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

The hive is now in a dome tent?

Didn't it used to be some kind of open air maze thingy near Greenpeace?

That was Beam. Though it's now called...

THE RHIZOSPSHERE

New for 2023 is The Rhizosphere, a perception-shifting destination located behind the Sun Stage to experience life amongst its roots in technicolour wonder. Dedicated to celebrating the importance of soil to humankind, it’s a versatile space created by artists Poppy Flint and Benji Bailes (Underfoot) which hosts multi-sensory exhibits, workshops and myco-feasts by day before transforming into a party space as night falls. It features artists in residence, live bio-sonification and celebrates the queerness of nature. Areeba Hamid, Greenpeace Co-Executive Director, will join the Rhizosphere team for an exclusive discussion and on Saturday afternoon LION (Land In Our Names) will be hosting a BPOC only workshop space. The Rhizosphere is the latest evolution of BEAM – a walk-through sculptural installation and standing dead wood habitat that was created in 2019 by multi-award winning artist Wolfgang Buttress, best known for his Hive sculpture at Kew Gardens.

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

The hive is now in a dome tent?

Didn't it used to be some kind of open air maze thingy near Greenpeace?

Literally just been looking at this and trying to figure out what / where the hive is.  I think you're right, that there is/was an installation near greenpeace that was called Hive or the Hive.  But there's an actual stage with a lineup, which wouldn't work on that installation (which I've only seen pics of), also called the hive...

https://www.laney.co.uk/blog/live-at-the-hive-glastonbury-2022/

1 minute ago, pilton digger said:

the hive stage is a tiny stage in the BBC introducing field, it wasn't up yesterday

Pretty sure that it's the dome structure going up right now. It's on your right if you take the cut through to the BBC Intro field on the left as you walk south through Silver Hayes. I went past it a couple of times last year. It has a full line-up listed on the big schedule webpage for this year. 

Ben