Glastocam!

pauladam

so where things were last year 

30th April .... Pyramid Screen rigs lifted ( for new screens ) 

2nd May Temple photos , Site Shut board up 

3rd May Signs of fence Prep , tent frame by Pyramid , Ribbon Tower Start , Security Onsite 

4th .... is it isnt it fence 

5th Ribbon Tower top and install 

6th Other Stage action 

7th GOS frame appears 

8th .... Camera breaks and fixed 

10th Park Stage becomes obvious 

Pangea Dies RIP 

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I don't just mean the pourers behind the counter though but a customer useable dispenser for contactless payments? 

Won’t happen due to licensing. Need to have someone checking the age of the person buying the beer. 

22 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Won’t happen due to licensing. Need to have someone checking the age of the person buying the beer. 

I don't think it'll happen in the near future either, say within the next couple festivals, but age verification won't be the obstacle.

The ID aspect can be attacked in a couple different ways - the machines can do a certain amount of automated passport/driving licence recognition themselves, and if that's not sufficient then can put them within an area that requires manual checking to enter.

Basically - if they can put EBar machines on open concourses in football grounds (which is already becoming common) and other unrestricted venues without significant underage drinking concerns being raised, a festival should be fine. Just need to convince the local licencing authority that you have it covered which should be very achievable.

I think the obstacle is going to be more that the current iterations aren't really designed for a festival environment or sustained throughput. But as soon as someone builds an implementation that attaches multiple dispensing units directly onto (or even built into) a beer tanker then they could become common at Festivals. You could even get to a point where the (high volume) bar moves around the site as needed.

1 minute ago, RichieSpenno said:

Are we thinking there will be movement tomorrow with it being bank holiday?

I'm fully aware this might be a stupid question.   

The build usually continues through them once it has started … as for starting a new thing like the pyramid dress who knows ? I’d suggest not 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, incident said:

I don't think it'll happen in the near future either, say within the next couple festivals, but age verification won't be the obstacle.

The ID aspect can be attacked in a couple different ways - the machines can do a certain amount of automated passport/driving licence recognition themselves, and if that's not sufficient then can put them within an area that requires manual checking to enter.

Basically - if they can put EBar machines on open concourses in football grounds (which is already becoming common) and other unrestricted venues without significant underage drinking concerns being raised, a festival should be fine. Just need to convince the local licencing authority that you have it covered which should be very achievable.

I think the obstacle is going to be more that the current iterations aren't really designed for a festival environment or sustained throughput. But as soon as someone builds an implementation that attaches multiple dispensing units directly onto (or even built into) a beer tanker then they could become common at Festivals. You could even get to a point where the (high volume) bar moves around the site as needed.

They have a bank of self dispensing Guinness taps at Twickenham Rugby. It's not the best idea, given how long a Guinness Pint takes to pour, but it appears to work ok once you get how use the machine. There's a couple of dudes at the back of the lines making sure there's no underage use. 

14 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

I ever there was a bigger waste of festival space.

I think I've flip-flopped on GoS a bit. I always thought Cinemarmeggeddon was the worse of the two by far given its size to capacity ratio and the fact people weren't flowing through it all day. Now that's gone, as long as people are flowing through GoS all day, I don't find it too bad. It's quite a thin strip. If they do something better with the Woodsies area and have more people drawn there, I'd personally leave GoS be, see if it can continue to develop.

27 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I think I've flip-flopped on GoS a bit. I always thought Cinemarmeggeddon was the worse of the two by far given its size to capacity ratio and the fact people weren't flowing through it all day. Now that's gone, as long as people are flowing through GoS all day, I don't find it too bad. It's quite a thin strip. If they do something better with the Woodsies area and have more people drawn there, I'd personally leave GoS be, see if it can continue to develop.

Aye, don't recall that space being well utilised before and it's got a certain charm to it. Some really enjoy it and that's the beauty of the place innit - we can each enjoy different things. 

On 5/7/2023 at 10:23 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Paines? There's a fair bit of the camping in that area that's licenced for entertainment and refreshments isn't there? Cinemaramageddonaramaroonie's old field?

This is what I'd like to see happen, swap it into Paine's and expand park home into the old arcadia field along with camping in the old Cinerarmageddon field. 

Assuming that would help fix the congestion issues with park/arcadia entrance. 

Doesn't look like they're starting in a new place though.