Glastocam!

pauladam

19 hours ago, kalifire said:

Haven’t the fields usually had a trim by now? They haven’t been mowed in months, I don’t think. 

It's not been as warm as it has bene in the past few years meaning grass is growing slower than normal, I would say in the next couple of weeks everything will be trimmed, when they get a couple of dry days together.

31 minutes ago, William Mann said:

The goal post rigging and flooring is being unloaded from those three trailers. Everything is ready to go! It’s so odd how the cover still isn’t on. There must be a very good reason. 

I am wondering if they've done something to the covers. I have no idea what, but it does seem odd that it's so late.

3 minutes ago, ukmountie said:

I am wondering if they've done something to the covers. I have no idea what, but it does seem odd that it's so late.

The odd thing is that the cover bags are on the corners and have been there for over a week now … my only assumption is weather related delays … they aren’t going to be dressing her with a risk of thunderstorms for definate . 

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The odd thing is that the cover bags are on the corners and have been there for over a week now … my only assumption is weather related delays … they aren’t going to be dressing her with a risk of thunderstorms for definate . 

Yeah I think it’s just that they’re waiting for a forecast of a couple of consecutive good days of weather to get it done.

1 minute ago, ukmountie said:

It's not late.

It's just that the three most recent festivals it's been early so peoples expectations are off. Prior to that, it'd never started before May 9th, and sometimes started as late as June.

Two of the last 3 years have a definable reason for being early as well - In 2017 it was used to host some farm related event before the build started, and obviously last year was the first back after the enforced break.