Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

On on a serious note though, some more of the same from Jungle and they'd be absolutely brilliant WH headliners 

i can't listen to Jungle on record - it honestly sounds like the same song over and over to me - but the two times i've caught them live this year (Primavera and Bestival) i've thoroughly enjoyed them. not sure about WH headliner (just don't think they have enough big tunes to pull it off) but they'd make an excellent sub

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i can't listen to Jungle on record - it honestly sounds like the same song over and over to me - but the two times i've caught them live this year (Primavera and Bestival) i've thoroughly enjoyed them. not sure about WH headliner (just don't think they have enough big tunes to pull it off) but they'd make an excellent sub

Sub would defintely do, whether or not they'd be suited to complete darkness or not too I'm not sure, I liked the record, it was something different, and I've caught them a couple of times live too and absolutely loved it, great fun 

WH is always a stage I struggle to predict, last year for example with George Clinton and Fly-Lo

32 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Can I put Hot Chip forward again, can't we have Hot Chip every year, would that be too much? Can you have too much Hot Chip? 

On on a serious note though, some more of the same from Jungle and they'd be absolutely brilliant WH headliners 

I really like Jungle, but never has 'more of the same' summed up a band's output better.

I just want them to play early enough so the breakdancer can join them.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

[Insert your favourite band here] to headline West Holts, and don't let that boombaclart FloorFiller get you down.

I went on about Patti Smith to headline West Holts last year, I'm going on about Bon Iver to headline West Holts this year, and I don't care if society accepts it. I'll procrastinate on the internet however I like.

Robyn to headline West Holts, there's an idea. 

New Order for WH headliner :-)

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Can I put Hot Chip forward again, can't we have Hot Chip every year, would that be too much? Can you have too much Hot Chip? 

You can never have enough Hot Chip

I like the national, but the lead singer is an absolute arsehole. 

A band like that will never play west holts, it wouldnt make much sense really. Though if brian ferry can get the gig, anyone can I suppose...

Portishead did play the jazz world stage in 1998 didnt they? 95 acoustic, 98 jazz, 2013 other. Not 100% sure though.

18 hours ago, russycarps said:

the killers were brilliant in the tent in 2004 and I dont care what anyone says!

I saw them at T in the Park, quite probably the same year. I knew nothing about them at all, and went along to see what the fuss was about (armed with camera, as I was there to photo).

It was like nothing I'd ever seen. The most boring uncharismatic band i've ever seen, while out front there was a mass of screaming girls that would have cheered Brandon farting.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I saw them at T in the Park, quite probably the same year. I knew nothing about them at all, and went along to see what the fuss was about (armed with camera, as I was there to photo).

It was like nothing I'd ever seen. The most boring uncharismatic band i've ever seen, while out front there was a mass of screaming girls that would have cheered Brandon farting.

hmm I reckon that must have been the year after, they werent that well known in 2004 were they?

the atmosphere was mega in the new bands tent. I swear if you'd been there you'd have been screaming like the rest of us...

17 minutes ago, russycarps said:

hmm I reckon that must have been the year after, they werent that well known in 2004 were they?

they weren't that well known then, I didn't know who they were. They'd just had their first hit or two. They were playing on the 2nd stage not very late in the day.

I reckon you must have been one of the screaming girlies, too enthralled at gorgeous Brandon (!) to notice just how shit they were.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they weren't that well known then, I didn't know who they were. They'd just had their first hit or two. They were playing on the 2nd stage not very late in the day.

I reckon you must have been one of the screaming girlies, too enthralled at gorgeous Brandon (!) to notice just how shit they were.

Yep 2004, that was the first TITP I ever went to, was still a young nipper, they played pretty early on the Sunday, I didn't watch them, I've never watched them actually despite being at several festivals I've been at, they don't interest me at all and never have

Can't say I've paid much attention to their recent stuff but they were a good indie pop band whose first two records had some decent tunes. They blew up pretty spectacularly over that Summer, if you read NME or went to indie discos you'd probably had heard of them. Mr Brightside was (and probably still is) and indie disco staple right from it's release.

Oh, and hello handsome

brandon-flowers-520x_59610a.jpg

saw The Killers headline Leeds fest in 2008. god they were boring. if i remember correctly they couldn't even fill their 1 hour 30 time slot and went off 15 minutes early. made all the more painful by the fact that i missed Manic Street Preachers for them. silly young lad

what was their Glastonbury headline show like? shite i'm guessing?

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

saw The Killers headline Leeds fest in 2008. god they were boring. if i remember correctly they couldn't even fill their 1 hour 30 time slot and went off 15 minutes early. made all the more painful by the fact that i missed Manic Street Preachers for them. silly young lad

I wasn't there and they were full on shit by then but they had horrific sound issues if I remember. No sound at all on one side of the field. 07 was a bit of a mess all round actually.

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I didnt see them headline but I did see them in 2005 on the pyramid sandwiched between Doves and white stripes. They were complete shit then

But then anyone would have had a hard time following doves that day, they were brill.