Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Maybe the key is to have a fair few people in the WhatsApp group who aren't needing tickets, so their sole purpose is to notify the rest

Last years WhatsApp group was fairly large, some expected the person who set it up to notify everybody else in the group if the sales were on, there was a bit of chatter/noise from time to time when alerts went off,  some people getting irate when a few others asked for radio silence as was in meetings.

my phone died recently so I'm not sure if/how I can get back to those groups on my new phone or not.

19 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

There's a newbies thread for introducing yourself too :) pinned at the top of the chat section 

Cheers, I did post in there last year I think... but then I reverted back to my lurking ways. Just wanted to give a heads up about me because I intend to post a lot more from now on. :)

2 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

The problem with the whatsapp groups is definitely the noise, it only takes 1 false alarm, or a newbie to the group saying hello for everyone to have a heart attack/pull over on the motorway/ get angry in meetings, you end up muting the conversation 

This is true, I remember many false alarms etc. last year and people getting quite stressed about it! But maybe if we set up a whatsapp with the understanding that this may happen... and not to request to join if the odd false alarm or errant message would annoy you...? Potential solution?

5 hours ago, RandyFishcake said:

This is true, I remember many false alarms etc. last year and people getting quite stressed about it! But maybe if we set up a whatsapp with the understanding that this may happen... and not to request to join if the odd false alarm or errant message would annoy you...? Potential solution?

I am totally in if there is a whatsapp group, if there is someone looking for 2 tickets who wants to swap details please let me know. I'm looking for 2 x tickets so if there is options for 4 I am happy to try for others if they make this possible?! 

I know nothing is for certain and nothing is predictable but would really like to exhaust all my options!!! 

6 hours ago, RandyFishcake said:

I think a lot of the problems last year were caused by people posting the link to the WhatsApp thread on FB without any explanation. People then requested to join the group without apparently reading through the thread (it was quite long) and had some strange ideas about what was supposed to happen. So yes, a welcome message just explaining things would probably go a long way.

7 minutes ago, musky said:

I think a lot of the problems last year were caused by people posting the link to the WhatsApp thread on FB without any explanation. People then requested to join the group without apparently reading through the thread (it was quite long) and had some strange ideas about what was supposed to happen. So yes, a welcome message just explaining things would probably go a long way.

There was such anger on it at one point! 

13 hours ago, moheetoes said:

Last years WhatsApp group was fairly large, some expected the person who set it up to notify everybody else in the group if the sales were on, there was a bit of chatter/noise from time to time when alerts went off,  some people getting irate when a few others asked for radio silence as was in meetings.

my phone died recently so I'm not sure if/how I can get back to those groups on my new phone or not.

Very diplomatically said madam, (sincere apologies) It was at times hilarious and others unpleasant.

I would suggest strict "no chatting" rules and forgiving genuine false alarms.

I had to switch off notifications because I needed to sleep and I have a job, which defeats the purpose.  Good luck if you do it again.

Edited by Miesh

Just been informed by my godson that he and his ex now longer want to go this year! Even though this is the evening we were meeting to have a drink and a meal before my dads funeral tomorrow, all I wanted to do was get the ticket cancelled so that someone else could have the chance to go (yes I am lucky in that I could have said fuck it I can afford to loose the money) but I really want someone else to get the chance to enjoy Glastonbury. My dad was all about doing the right thing and I hope that I can help someone in the next few days.

I have managed to get my godson to sleep on the cancellation of his ticket but there Is now at least 1 more ticket in the pot.

Never cancelled before and I think I asked the lady at SEE at least 3 times to confirm it wouldn't affect the rest of our booking.

Good luck to all in the secret resales!

• Upvote 7

20 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

Just been informed by my godson that he and his ex now longer want to go this year! Even though this is the evening we were meeting to have a drink and a meal before my dads funeral tomorrow, all I wanted to do was get the ticket cancelled so that someone else could have the chance to go (yes I am lucky in that I could have said fuck it I can afford to loose the money) but I really want someone else to get the chance to enjoy Glastonbury. My dad was all about doing the right thing and I hope that I can help someone in the next few days.

I have managed to get my godson to sleep on the cancellation of his ticket but there Is now at least 1 more ticket in the pot.

Never cancelled before and I think I asked the lady at SEE at least 3 times to confirm it wouldn't affect the rest of our booking.

Sorry to hear about your Dad bellboy. I'm sure you have other things on your mind rather than Glastonbury but well done on cancelling the tickets. As you said if they go back in the pot at least somebody else gets the chance.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

Good luck with your dad's funeral tomorrow The other Bellboy. Your dad was right - it is all about doing the right thing. I'm not exactly in regular contact with my own dad. We can't seem to agree that my own downward spiraling shambolic approach to life is the best way forward! I do know that I need to do the right thing and talk to him though. Despite our differences, I need to thank him for being my dad. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

Sending you gentle hugs for tomorrow

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Miesh said:

Very diplomatically said madam, (sincere apologies) It was at times hilarious and others unpleasant.

I had to switch off notifications because I needed to sleep and I have a job, which defeats the purpose.  Good luck if you do it again.

It was quite hilarious and sometimes uncomfortable following the 'rants', however I too ended up switching off the notifications in the end.

I'm not a regular poster on this forum, but a bit of a lurker and newbie poster like RandyFishcake, and like everyone here i'm desperately hoping to get tickets in any secret resale. But I can't help but be uplifted by the warmth and support of everyone here towards The other Bellboy at a difficult time, not to mention the general community spirit of trying to help everyone wanting a ticket to get one. It's exactly what makes Glasto such a special festival. I've been 7 times, every time friends/myself have lost phones/wallets/cameras, often containing all their cash for the weekend, and without exception total strangers have made the effort, often at ridiculous times in the morning and at great inconvenience to themselves, to reunite the owner with their missing possessions. It's exactly the same on this forum.

Hope everyone here gets their tickets, you deserve them!

Now it's finally midnight, which means those LCD tracks should be on Spotify...

• Upvote 7

32 minutes ago, reston_c said:

I'm not a regular poster on this forum, but a bit of a lurker and newbie poster like RandyFishcake, and like everyone here i'm desperately hoping to get tickets in any secret resale. But I can't help but be uplifted by the warmth and support of everyone here towards The other Bellboy at a difficult time, not to mention the general community spirit of trying to help everyone wanting a ticket to get one. It's exactly what makes Glasto such a special festival. I've been 7 times, every time friends/myself have lost phones/wallets/cameras, often containing all their cash for the weekend, and without exception total strangers have made the effort, often at ridiculous times in the morning and at great inconvenience to themselves, to reunite the owner with their missing possessions. It's exactly the same on this forum.

Hope everyone here gets their tickets, you deserve them!

Now it's finally midnight, which means those LCD tracks should be on Spotify...

Lovely post reston_c

I'd up vote it, but it would appear that I have been trigger happy with the up votes and have ran out of them for a bit.

3 hours ago, Miesh said:

I managed to get three in the flash sale last year and, as you might expect, the Whatsapp group only got notified after people had secured tix, by then it was too late. There may be more tix this year but it was Neil's checkpage that worked for me. I think some people weren't monitoring the page with the pink buttons (contents/extras) which is the one the resale happened on. They had messed about with the other pages earlier in the week and those that weren't monitoring both pages were caught out. Also ensure you have preloaded your debit card details or can do copy and paste quickly.

Anyway good luck guys, fingers crossed. 

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Good luck with your dad's funeral tomorrow The other Bellboy. Your dad was right - it is all about doing the right thing. I'm not exactly in regular contact with my own dad. We can't seem to agree that my own downward spiraling shambolic approach to life is the best way forward! I do know that I need to do the right thing and talk to him though. Despite our differences, I need to thank him for being my dad. 

Thank you Yoghurt, you certainly do! we had our differences over the years and a couple of major fallouts that stopped us talking for a couple of years at a time but eventually we did talk again and I'm so glad we did. There are no second chances in this life.

Thanks again for the good wishes

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Razza_bezza said:

I just got an alert but that's the first I've had so I thought gen ticks were back on sale!? If camperva have sold out how come I didn't receive and alert to tell me they were available? I'm confused 

Campervan alert was the other day.