Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

I have mine set to check every 10 seconds and immediately ping my phone, and I'm thinking of upping the time to 3 seconds... so yeah, I think you'd be hard pressed to get a better result, but then I'm not sure how this internetty things really work. 

mine is set to a minute, I will up it when it gets closer to the time. I'm mindful of getting blocked if I poll their server to much

Just now, james1238 said:

mine is set to a minute, I will up it when it gets closer to the time. I'm mindful of getting blocked if I poll their server to much

I'd heard it was only once you got into the hyperfast reloading that they blocked you. I'm a high risk high return kinda girl anyway :D

14 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

I have mine set to check every 10 seconds and immediately ping my phone, and I'm thinking of upping the time to 3 seconds... so yeah, I think you'd be hard pressed to get a better result, but then I'm not sure how this internetty things really work. 

Do you mind me asking how you set it up to ping your phone? 

Thanks.

Hey all, re: that Fly Glasto ticket that guy was trying to pass off as genuine, I just got this from Fly themselves:

"Mark has passed on your email to me.  I have no booking made by [name redacted].  I received an email from him enquiring about availability but nothing whatsoever has been booked. Tickets can not be sold on."

So there you have it - a scammer in the wild!

18 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Do you mind me asking how you set it up to ping your phone? 

Thanks.

My American phone service allows me to use my phone number as an email address, and messages sent to it turn into text messages. I don't know if UK phone services do that.

1 minute ago, beefykoala said:

Hey all, re: that Fly Glasto ticket that guy was trying to pass off as genuine, I just got this from Fly themselves:

"Mark has passed on your email to me.  I have no booking made by [name redacted].  I received an email from him enquiring about availability but nothing whatsoever has been booked. Tickets can not be sold on."

So there you have it - a scammer in the wild!

Nice work! what a scumbag 

1 minute ago, beefykoala said:

My American phone service allows me to use my phone number as an email address, and messages sent to it turn into text messages. I don't know if UK phone services do that.

Ahh okay thanks for that. I'm abroad for the foreseeable future and only have access to mails so I was just curious. Thanks again.

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

Nice one! Did you put this in the replies on the thread or would you like me to do it?

I posted it on the Reddit thread but it looks like that is now deleted. Doofus also included his reg numbers, email address, and full name. We're still chatting on Whatsapp and he's like "Bull***t I have a booking!" so I'm egging him to give me more personal info. I don't like scammers.

3 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Well done. You should send gfl an email as well with all the details.

:)

Yep, I'm just triple checking his details, getting him to email me (hopefully) so I'll have that along with his reg number so they can verify.

11 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

Yep, I'm just triple checking his details, getting him to email me (hopefully) so I'll have that along with his reg number so they can verify.

put them in here http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017-ticket-coach-travel-thursday/worthy-farm/1100001/

If they are valid it will say tickets not available 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

nope, says not found. I've asked him for his paypal email as I'm in a hurry to send money over and get it sorted. LOL

This is fabulous! I really hope they get busted. I'd report it to the fraud office too. This is a perfect example of if it looks too good to be true it probably is! 

Just now, Lucy92 said:

This is fabulous! I really hope they get busted. I'd report it to the fraud office too. This is a perfect example of if it looks too good to be true it probably is! 

I found this on him too: https://www.scambook.com/report/view/162969/Keiran-OBrien-Complaint-162969-for-$355.00

Silly rabbit messed with the wrong ticketless folk ;)

2 minutes ago, lobo said:

That's some strong detective work. I hope this ends terribly for him. Some bloke from America seemed interested in buying the tickets, hope he didn't send any cash.

oh I dunno, the USA is quite hot on chasing people who do wire fraud. Extradition and everything. :P

Just now, siblin said:

I wrote my checker in Perl.  Happy to share some nuggets if you're after any.

It seems to work fairly nicely. it picks a part out of the page then check it against a hash every x seconds. I was wondering if it was faster than the online ones or not. I've got it sending notifications over imessage now

18 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

thing is, scambook itself is a scam. ;)

Stuff is listed on there to then have an 'attorney' contact the 'scammer' and offer to get them removed for big money.

Lol, scamception!

It seems to work fairly nicely. it picks a part out of the page then check it against a hash every x seconds. I was wondering if it was faster than the online ones or not. I've got it sending notifications over imessage now

Cool, though hashing could be a bit over-eager (changes in whitespace etc).  Command line diff (or text::diff is probably faster but i've not tried it) can be tweaked to only pay attention to important bits (i ignore all whitespace lines, and various bits of java script for example).

I'd guess you will be faster than most of the non-glasto specific sites which check quite infrequently obviously, but once you have to make a call to a messaging system you're likely to create a delay.  Even SMS and push notifications.  I like the idea of iMessage - are you just emailing the icloud address, or is there an API interface? 

3 minutes ago, siblin said:

Cool, though hashing could be a bit over-eager (changes in whitespace etc).  Command line diff (or text::diff is probably faster but i've not tried it) can be tweaked to only pay attention to important bits (i ignore all whitespace lines, and various bits of java script for example).

I'd guess you will be faster than most of the non-glasto specific sites which check quite infrequently obviously, but once you have to make a call to a messaging system you're likely to create a delay.  Even SMS and push notifications.  I like the idea of iMessage - are you just emailing the icloud address, or is there an API interface? 

I'm doing it with an apple script so 

cmd = """osascript<<END
tell application "Messages"
send "CHANGE IN GLASTO PAGE"...

It sends me an email too. Fairly instant. I'm only hashing the contents of the UL on the page i'm up for hearing about any whitespace changes in that. I've only had false positives so far so caravan tickets etc

I'm doing it with an apple script so 

cmd = """osascript<<END
tell application "Messages"
send "CHANGE IN GLASTO PAGE"...

It sends me an email too. Fairly instant. I'm only hashing the contents of the UL on the page i'm up for hearing about any whitespace changes in that. I've only had false positives so far so caravan tickets etc

Awesome - I'm going to experiment with that!