Secret resales 2015

Terence99

5 minutes ago, slipmatt said:

Google Chrome picked up for me - I've been monitoring http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras for 3 years (no seriously - never turned it off lol after I got em in the secret resales 3 years ago)

Can google chrome monitor it after you've put your reg details in i.e it would have to submit on each refresh? 

5 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Can google chrome monitor it after you've put your reg details in i.e it would have to submit on each refresh? 

Refresh the main page, Glastonbury.seetickets.com & await the magical button to appear. Have the addregistrations page open in another tab pre filled and click proceed quicker than anyone else 

5 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Refresh the main page, Glastonbury.seetickets.com & await the magical button to appear. Have the addregistrations page open in another tab pre filled and click proceed quicker than anyone else 

This is for worthy view sale, which has the link but it's updating randomly once you put your reg number in. So monitoring the main page isn't working annoyingly as the link is always there 

46 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

This is for worthy view sale, which has the link but it's updating randomly once you put your reg number in. So monitoring the main page isn't working annoyingly as the link is always there 

My bad, I didn't really read the conversation, or notice that it was you I quoted 

18 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Given that google monitor had come up with nothing....and i'm monitoring the normal glastonbury.sertickets.com and the worth-farm/1100001 one, does that mean it's just not working and i may as well give up?

What frequency have you set it up to check for? If it's too long it might not be picking up the changes.

I haven't come across Google Monitor - is it an app or web based service?

1 minute ago, verrymerry said:

This has probably been said but worth re-mentioning, there is unlikely to be a secret (not-secret) resale until after the refund deadline which is May 5th, so you should all get as much rest / computer free time as possible because after that...

Yeah this thread is strangely quiet compared to last year!:D

2 hours ago, musky said:

What frequency have you set it up to check for? If it's too long it might not be picking up the changes.

I haven't come across Google Monitor - is it an app or web based service?

It's something that someone recommended me on. I googled "google monitor" and you can download a addition to your google toolbar. There's also an autofill tool bar which I also downloaded, which seems to be working fine.

It looks like this :

I don't think I can set it for any less than 5 seconds at a time, but I haven't got any alerts for a few days at all. It does seem to be working tho cuz when i monitored one of the efests pages for a bit by accident it was going off lie crazy :lol:

Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 17.17.15.png

26 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Maybe people have realised its a mugs game!!! :-/ Not sure if that makes it better for us, or just means we're all complete barm pots!

I hope if the general masses think they won't get a look in this year that it gives you guys a better shot.  It probably only sold out so fast because so many people were aware of it.  Fingers crossed at least!

Edited by verrymerry

39 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

It's something that someone recommended me on. I googled "google monitor" and you can download a addition to your google toolbar. There's also an autofill tool bar which I also downloaded, which seems to be working fine.

It looks like this :

I don't think I can set it for any less than 5 seconds at a time, but I haven't got any alerts for a few days at all. It does seem to be working tho cuz when i monitored one of the efests pages for a bit by accident it was going off lie crazy :lol:

Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 17.17.15.png

OK, this appears to be an older version of VisualPing. I've not used Page Monitor so I'm working in the dark here. I can see you've got the selector checked in Custom Mode, which checks certain elements on the page. You have to select those, and  if you haven't or have made a selection which doesn't change that may be why you're not receiving alerts. Please forgive me if I'm telling you stuff you already know, as you actually know more about using Page Monitor than I do. :)

3 hours ago, musky said:

OK, this appears to be an older version of VisualPing. I've not used Page Monitor so I'm working in the dark here. I can see you've got the selector checked in Custom Mode, which checks certain elements on the page. You have to select those, and  if you haven't or have made a selection which doesn't change that may be why you're not receiving alerts. Please forgive me if I'm telling you stuff you already know, as you actually know more about using Page Monitor than I do. :)

Haha...I wouldn't bet on that, I was just sort if winging it! Will have a check and see if I can change based on ur suggestions! Thanks so much for you help :)

6 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Haha...I wouldn't bet on that, I was just sort if winging it! Will have a check and see if I can change based on ur suggestions! Thanks so much for you help :)

I've been playing around with VisualPing and I've noticed that you only seem to get further notifications if you view the updates after a change. The little VisualPing icon in the toolbar changes to show a '1' (indicating that one of the pages has changed) but there are no further sound alerts or popups. Which is a bit crap IMHO. I've no idea whether Page Monitor does the same, but it wouldn't surprise me if it does.

11 minutes ago, davetherave2 said:

This may have been brought up before and apologies in advance if it has but as far as entering your details if your lucky enough to get on the secret resale holding page is note pad the best way of doing this? Would be grateful for any advice

You usually go straight to the booking page if you're lucky enough to be by your pc when the sale happens.

go to http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017/worthy-farm/1100001/  which is still live.  Enter details and press 'proceed'.  You can't buy tickets but the fields will then be populated so will autofill if you double click on each.

On 29/04/2017 at 0:28 PM, Michaels denim shorts said:

I haven't tried having the old add reg page up as I always assumed it would be a different link, but will definitely try this!

9 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

You usually go straight to the booking page if you're lucky enough to be by your pc when the sale happens.

go to http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017/worthy-farm/1100001/  which is still live.  Enter details and press 'proceed'.  You can't buy tickets but the fields will then be populated so will autofill if you double click on each.

I haven't tried having the old add reg page up as I always assumed it would be a different link, but will definitely try this!

This worked last year, but we were sure which link it was going to be because it had appeared and disappeared about 20 times before the moment happened, I just assume it will be similar this year 

On 4/29/2017 at 0:34 PM, Lucy92 said:

Google page monitor will alert you whenever the main ticket page changes - including if the word 'sold out' dissapears or general admission goes on sale. I didn't need to set the alert post registration page - just on the main ticket page.

Hello! Sorry just just jump in, I'm just wondering, when we think the secret resale is about to go live, is it better to just keep pressing proceed on the pre populated ticket page or to just refresh the main ticket page that has the rest of the ticket options? 

Thanks! 

I'm not sure but i think its better to refresh the main ticket page. I'm sure I read somewhere on here that sometimes the event page can be different, in which case it wouldn't process it, and you'd have to go back out and start again. And as well all know, time is money (or in this case, tickets)! I might be wrong though...

As a side note..I don't think its possible for a UK Sim to get posted me in time, and aim not sure I trust the post in the Jungle. if there is a kind-hearted e-fester who isn't trying for anyone, would they mind helping me set up Neil's checkpage alerts with their mobile number and my email? That way I'd still get notified...as my faith in google monitor is waning fast. it might be a bit annoyin getting all the pings and stuff. Let me know if your up for it :D 

For those who are non-UK (like me), it might be possible to use your phone number email address to 'hack' the system. For example, I'm with T Mobile, and I have a email-to-text email address of [myphonenumber]@tmomail.net - wherever I sign that up will send the emails straight to my phone as text messages. I then signed up with a browser monitoring service, set to my work laptop that's rarely turned off, and the refresh rate is set to 10 seconds. I've tested it and it works.

There are also page refreshers that allow resubmission of data (without the annoying pop up box each time) - I have one ticking away on the booking page that's still live, and the other day I got a sort of hit (it was the holding page though). We need 7 tickets (yeah, I know...!) but right now I'm just trying for 1 in case they are releasing them individually. I'll up it to the full 4 after refund deadline.

Lastly, I got an autofill extension with all the reg numbers in. This is in addition to having a txt document laid out for quick copy pasting.

This better bloody work!!