Secret resales 2015

Terence99

5 minutes ago, Musiclover99 said:

Thanks for your replies one and all, really appreciate it and just gonna give it my all in the April resale and then go from there if that fails. About your friend and the VIP ticket situation Becks.. I guess if they paid cash all you can do now is remain hopeful- you never know it might pull through and turn out to be a legitimate ticket after all which would be fab! Fingers crossed for your friend. If not, like it has been said they should just try to report it to the police.. you never know if the guy has been caught before at glastonbury maybe someone from glasto fest itself might be sympathetic if it turns out the ticket is a phony. I know its a long shot but you forget all these organisers are only human themselves and perhaps if you flag it up to them they might be able to help in some way.. No disadvantage in trying anyway! 

(from experience I won festival tickets in a mixmag competition once and when they didn't arrive a couple of days before they put me on the guest list no issue, I know its completely different, but perhaps if it does fall through contacting the festival itself is worth a shot anyway!) Fingers crossed for your friend anyway, I hope there is no need for any further action!! 

B

Always worth a shot! She's already been in contact with the festival to ask if she was on the list for vip and that's when they said that they hadn't allocated them yet. I'll suggest she chases up! We're gonna try and get her a normal ticket in the resales, she'd rather pay twice than risk not going. She's still in contact with her ex so there's a good chance if she doesn't get a ticket through this guy she can get the cash back. Tbh that not the issue, she wants the ticket! Any ticket! 

Have to wonder what the £200 was for, has anyone had a vip ticket on here? Aren't they free? 

2 minutes ago, tskerrett said:

yes, I'm not sure for what reasons though?

Think anyone can.... there's a date in May usually that's the really dead deadline - that's when they start printing tickets - up til then you can get money back (minus £15)

Those are the tickets that end up in the secret resale

No don't stick it on The Thingy! I they'll really not be a secret then and the fest might even be tempted to pull them.  It's all part of the fun it being such an unknown so only the really dedicated get hold of them. 

Edited by Mandroman
Slightly better english
  • Upvote 2

Read: only the people on here. I understand wanting to be in on the small little secret, and I'm all for helping the amazing community we have here. But to try and keep these sales more "hush hush" seems quite un-Glastonbury, dunnit?

Edit: Also, what is the scope of the thingy? Surely the Venn diagram of people who know about the thingy and know of the May resales is just one circle.

Edited by Tuna

People saying it's hard to get in the secret resale. I'd say its the easiest thing in the world lol (if you work on a PC!). Get the Page Monitor add on for Chrome. Add the tickets page to the monitor and set it to check every 5 seconds in May. Simples! It's what I done last year for friend (thanks to tips from here no doubt) and couldn't believe how easy it was. You've just got to be at a PC all the time!

1 minute ago, sully1311 said:

People saying it's hard to get in the secret resale. I'd say its the easiest thing in the world lol (if you work on a PC!). Get the Page Monitor add on for Chrome. Add the tickets page to the monitor and set it to check every 5 seconds in May. Simples! It's what I done last year for friend (thanks to tips from here no doubt) and couldn't believe how easy it was. You've just got to be at a PC all the time!

Totally agree, I've got through two or three times in secret sales. I have email notifications set up for page changes to my iPhone, and I set it thru may so that email notifications come up on the lock screen and as soon as I've seen a page change I've got on and got them. 

3 hours ago, sully1311 said:

On a PC and actually free to book the tickets! Not everyone has those luxuries, and even those who booked time off based on previous years secret sales came unstuck last year.

8 minutes ago, musky said:

On a PC and actually free to book the tickets! Not everyone has those luxuries, and even those who booked time off based on previous years secret sales came unstuck last year.

I know I know but I'm sure they're a lot of people who work on PCs all day or know someone who does and would help you out.

Does anyone know about trying with as many people on different computers to get resale tickets, can the registration numbers only be used once (so if it turns out someone had got through the other would know as it would not let them proceed with the same registration numbers), or do you risk buying more tickets than you need this way? (i.e. the registration numbers do not flag up as already used)

2 minutes ago, Musiclover99 said:

Does anyone know about trying with as many people on different computers to get resale tickets, can the registration numbers only be used once (so if it turns out someone had got through the other would know as it would not let them proceed with the same registration numbers), or do you risk buying more tickets than you need this way? (i.e. the registration numbers do not flag up as already used)

Pretty sure once the numbers have been successful the system wont allow them through again. Ie, one ticket per registration number.

51 minutes ago, Musiclover99 said:

the system will not let extra purchases on the same registration number , dont forget resale limited to 4 tickets , and secret resales 2 , the full balance must be paid in both

57 minutes ago, Musiclover99 said:

It's usually clear, a message comes up if someone else has got through, 'a ticket has already been allocated to this registration number' 

Yep it stops you, and if one registration is involved in multiple groups, having one reg's ticket bought will stop you buying the whole second group until you've gone back through to remove it, so be careful as you can miss out on tickets this way - I speak from experience.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Upvote 1