Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 hours ago, mirupuu said:

Because I have an exam on the Thursday and it was a coach ticket so I had to take the coach on the Wednesday... Can't really compromise my year for Glasto no matter how much I'd like to hahaha

Not trying to be an arse but your ticket wouldve been left at the gate for you. Just for future reference.

Edited by The Nal

41 minutes ago, AdamMD said:

Hi, 

I am also one of those with 0 posts, but I use this forum regularly for info. Me and my friend have tried for tickets this year and again missed out. We're devastated, like countless others. 

Regular contributors obviously deserve priority, but any help with secret resales would be greatly appreciated. 

Thankyou Siblin for your help. 

I'm also somebody in exactly the same scenario.

If there is any way I can somehow get involved with this secret resale help as well?

Regards,

andyrobo8

3 hours ago, mirupuu said:

Because I have an exam on the Thursday and it was a coach ticket so I had to take the coach on the Wednesday... Can't really compromise my year for Glasto no matter how much I'd like to hahaha

If you miss the coach, you can collect your ticket at Glastonbury any day of the Festival.

I had a friend who had a Wednesday coach ticket couldn't go till Friday, they just put the ticket in the box office for you to collect at the site.

Long time lurker, just missed out on tickets this morning (and Thursday - I basically panicked and lost the card payment page after getting through straight away!) so I thought I'd join this lovely thread! I was just reading through the joy of secret resale day last year - hopefully I can be part of something similar this year!

So last year were there any coach tickets or just GA? I'd rather coach but at least with GA you don't have to go back and forth when the particular coach runs out! 

I have all the apps watching the page but no idea if any work, hopefully they'll change it soon!

• Upvote 1

Can't even say how long I've lurked on these forums (beyond my reg date of 4 years ago!) without posting anything. Have to join in with my disappointment about not getting tickets this morning, the house must be cursed as while I once got 2 tickets for people in the resale, we've never otherwise got through. Absolutely gutted this year as I was sure this would be the one to get a ticket. Will be doing everything I can to keep an eye out for further resales, but from what I gathered of last year it's probably going to be a little while before any go up?

Edited by emilyboris

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Just remember guys, the benefit of buying your ticket in the secret resale is we get to see all the horrific clashes before we commit financially. :D

Let me direct this thread to this lovely post by @Mickball to get the secret sale ball rolling...

Howdy all,

Loads of responses! Unfortunately don't think I can add any more to the list for fear of having my gmail account suspended on the secret resale day when everybody gets a mail.

If anybody has access to a Linux server and a vague understanding of shell scripting, I can send you the script to set up your own. @siblin may be able to accommodate more recipients, possibly?

1 minute ago, emilyboris said:

Can't even say how long I've lurked on these forums (beyond my reg date of 4 years ago!) without posting anything. Have to join in with my disappointment about not getting tickets this morning, the house must be cursed as while I once got 2 tickets for people in the resale, we've never otherwise got through. Absolutely gutted this year as I was sure this would be the one to get a ticket. Will be doing everything I can to keep an eye out for further resales, but from what I gathered of last year it's probably going to be a little while before any go up?

Hi Emily,

yeah usually end of may for the resales i think. Keep checking on here, some tremendous help being offered by some very kind people. 1 ticket is all our group need and i'll be doing my damndest to get him one.

Just now, davidd said:

Hi Emily,

yeah usually end of may for the resales i think. Keep checking on here, some tremendous help being offered by some very kind people. 1 ticket is all our group need and i'll be doing my damndest to get him one.

Great, thought so! Will take any help offered, though I'll defer to the regular posters of course. We're a group of only 2-I've been before, wanting to bring along a first timer, so it's still all to play for

7 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Great, thought so! Will take any help offered, though I'll defer to the regular posters of course. We're a group of only 2-I've been before, wanting to bring along a first timer, so it's still all to play for

We had a couple of new lads with us last year, blew their minds. Most of us have been going for years, 25 + for one of us. Managed to get the new lads tickets and disn't get the regular, feel fucking awful and i've no idea how i managed it, probably flapping and just sticking reg and postcodes in randomly.

7 hours ago, ScottyH said:

Me and my friends didn't get a sniff this morning, so it looks like I'll be trying for the secret sales! Does anyone know how many tickets you can buy at a time in these sales?

4 tickets in resale last year.  There were also campervan tickets sporadically available on the day.  In the days and hours running up to the sale there were a lot of page change alerts as See were getting ready. The links posted here would sometimes seem to work, and you'd get to a booking page which would allow you to input details, but then wouldn't proceed.  But that was quite useful cos when the sale did start the forms autofilled which saved loads of time. I'm a total technophobe and succeeded so it is possible!

29 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

4 tickets in resale last year.  There were also campervan tickets sporadically available on the day.  In the days and hours running up to the sale there were a lot of page change alerts as See were getting ready. The links posted here would sometimes seem to work, and you'd get to a booking page which would allow you to input details, but then wouldn't proceed.  But that was quite useful cos when the sale did start the forms autofilled which saved loads of time. I'm a total technophobe and succeeded so it is possible!

Ah okay, i'm trying for four so that's perfect. Thanks for the help! 

I didn't get tickets this morning and I'm absolutely gutted. I've been to Glastonbury the past two years and it's become a highlight of my year. I don't understand why I didn't even get past the loading page, I have a fast internet using my laptop and pressed the page bang on 9am, maybe I didn't press the refresh button hard enough after. I managed to get a resale ticket two years ago, I usually get through after around 4 minutes. The worst thing is I got through fairly easily on Thursday for a Wednesday coach ticket but didn't get it because I wasn't sure if I'd be going with someone, today someone wanted to go with me so maybe I was right but still wished I did get that ticket. 

Now I don't know if to go to another festival or try and volunteer at Glastonbury though don't know how. I'd be interested to know how you would know about the secret resale and where it would be and which tickets are sold, to be honest I'm not very optimistic.       

I'm also intrigued as to how people find out about the secret resales and when they are likely to be. I've always managed to get tickets in the first sale, apart from once when I won the chance to buy some tickets, but I didn't have any luck in October or today. I filled in the registration details and kept pressing resend but it sounds like I should have gone back and kept pressing 'proceed' instead. I thought if I pressed back I'd be sent back to the first queue and I assumed the payment page would load sooner or later as I got through at 9am. It didn't used to be like this. Once you put in your registration details you were in and that was it! 

Anyway I would really appreciate any tips on how I find out about the next resale. It seems they are not publicised and you need to be in the know to find out! 

Edited by Glasto fan

2 minutes ago, Glasto fan said:

I'm also intrigued as to how people find out about the secret resales and when they are likely to be. I've always managed to get tickets in the first sale, apart from once when I won the chance to buy some tickets, but I didn't have any luck in October or today. I filled in the registration details and kept pressing resend but it sounds like I should have gone back and kept pressing 'proceed' instead. I thought if I pressed back I'd be sent back to the first queue and I assumed the payment page would load sooner or later as I got through at 9am. It didn't used to be like this. Once you put in your registration details you were in and that was it! 

Anyway I would really appreciate any tips on how I find out about the next resale. It seems they are not publicised and you need to be in the know to find out! 

Set up a page monitor for various URLs for Glasto tix - links may be posted to monitor in here. Refund deadline is Fri 6th may so technically anytime the following 2/3 weeks. Follow this site foe hints/tips + it is doable, I've bought tickets twice in these sales before -spent 3 days glued to the computer, eating and comfort breaks really didn't happen - it takes dedication but it can be done.

There have been WhatsApp groups also for alerts, I'm sure something will unfold in the coming days with hints/tips and offers of help etc

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

Not trying to be an arse but your ticket wouldve been left at the gate for you. Just for future reference.

3 hours ago, lukemack said:

If you miss the coach, you can collect your ticket at Glastonbury any day of the Festival.

I had a friend who had a Wednesday coach ticket couldn't go till Friday, they just put the ticket in the box office for you to collect at the site.

I've called them and they told me I had to cancel it and retry! I would only got it if i got on the coach... I have actually called to ask if I could do this as I thought I could be able to go on the thursday afternoon and they were like "no, there is no way". I am really pissed at them, this is so dodgy.

Are you a 100% sure?

Thanks for the info anyways...

50 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

NSet up a page monitor for various URLs for Glasto tix - links may be posted to monitor in here. Refund deadline is Fri 6th may so technically anytime the following 2/3 weeks. Follow this site foe hints/tips + it is doable, I've bought tickets twice in these sales before -spent 3 days glued to the computer, eating and comfort breaks really didn't happen - it takes dedication but it can be done.

There have been WhatsApp groups also for alerts, I'm sure something will unfold in the coming days with hints/tips and offers of help etc

Sorry if I am being thick but how do I set up a page monitor?? 

28 minutes ago, Glasto fan said:

Sorry if I am being thick but how do I set up a page monitor?? 

If you're a Google Chrome user, there a are a few useful extensions you can use.

Page Monitor: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwia4vqC0pbMAhVIthoKHejkB5UQFggjMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fchrome.google.com%2Fwebstore%2Fdetail%2Fpage-monitor%2Fogeebjpdeabhncjpfhgdibjajcajepgg%3Fhl%3Den&usg=AFQjCNHw2_tDcd_dBdIle0pqLoxhedGihg&sig2=eSDx8Q7yZgkiR4GuvRQoJQ&bvm=bv.119745492,d.d2s

Visualping: http://visualping.io/

or use Follow That Page: https://www.followthatpage.com/

Then you just type in the site you want to monitor for changes (glastonbury.seetickets.com) and set the interval to the lowest it will go to. It'll notify you when there's a change.

Edited by cliffysbiro
  • Upvote 1

For Android, I've had this on my phone for a couple of weeks after it was recommended on here. 

Web Alert: Watch any website for changes.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.webalert

It's been pretty accurate as far as I can make out and I've been getting alerts when the page changes. During the coach resale I got an alert telling me the page had changed to sold out before Seetickets had tweeted the fact. 

10 hours ago, mirupuu said:

I've called them and they told me I had to cancel it and retry! I would only got it if i got on the coach... I have actually called to ask if I could do this as I thought I could be able to go on the thursday afternoon and they were like "no, there is no way". I am really pissed at them, this is so dodgy.

Are you a 100% sure?

Thanks for the info anyways...

I missed the coach in 2013 and met it at the gate. Collected my ticket then. 

They're not going to throw away people tickets for missing the coach or not let you in.