Other Stage Friday Special Guests

tom22

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

aye, if they can't actually get decent acts to do it (which is baffling considering they were able to get headliner sized acts to play the Park - a nicer more intimate setting, granted, but big bands playing much lower than usual) then they should just rid of it all together

Agree completely. Sack it off altogether. Mainly because hope always gets the better of me. What can I say? I never learn.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

Horses for courses then.

Blondie was a good laugh due to the crowd we were around but you have a point.

Hopefully someone good this year though, Kula Shaker would be taking the piss. Struggling to think of viable bands mind.

We were doing tequila shots in the lunchtime drizzle watching blondie.

Throw into the equation a sign language woman with some truly memorable hand gestures, friendly people surrounding us and you have a perfect glastonbury memory.

I've had worse fridays

1 hour ago, justperfect said:

We were doing tequila shots in the lunchtime drizzle watching blondie.

Throw into the equation a sign language woman with some truly memorable hand gestures, friendly people surrounding us and you have a perfect glastonbury memory.

I've had worse fridays

Aye, Blondie were alright - I remember the sun finally breaking out through the clouds during Hanging On The Telephone and a massive roar going across the field, which seemed to take Debbie Harry by surprise.

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I know next to nothing about Busted, but it's a reasonable expectation that they'd be more fun than whatever warmed-up Britpop leftovers are actually on the cards.

I happened to be in the photo pit when Fightstar - Charlie from Busted's 'credible' band - first played Reading Festival.

The hail of bottles at the start was a lot of fun dodging, both for snappers like me and for the band. :lol:

Charlie just kept on playing, and while their style wasn't my thing they put in a more-than-decent performance, better than plenty of other 'big' bands I saw that weekend.

He said he'd never go back to Busted, but I guess the wonga gets ever more tempting if a new project doesn't make the big time.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I happened to be in the photo pit when Fightstar - Charlie from Busted's 'credible' band - first played Reading Festival.

The hail of bottles at the start was a lot of fun dodging, both for snappers like me and for the band. :lol:

Charlie just kept on playing, and while their style wasn't my thing they put in a more-than-decent performance, better than plenty of other 'big' bands I saw that weekend.

He said he'd never go back to Busted, but I guess the wonga gets ever more tempting if a new project doesn't make the big time.

He needs that money to fund his art.