Download 2016

Hart Attack

Copping isn't daft, he's after Foo's every year.

They'll get there eventually.

He has Linkin Park, Slipknot and System of A Down who made it to headliner status and maintained it [although System nearly fucked that up by subbing at Reading]

Avenged Sevenfold got the push and probably with stay at that level. 

Biffy are at that level now.

BMTH will get the push soon enough.

Then he has Pearl Jam, Green Day and Blink who haven't played yet who are all bonafide headliners

Paramore and Queens of the Stone Age both pushed up at Reading, I can see Queens only getting bigger and being around for a long time, but I dunno about how long Paramore will stick around for. 

So yeah in terms of rock headliners, he has quite a lot to pick from there, its metal headliners that are dying out. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should sell well, I can see deftones being in with a shout as headliners in the next coupla years too. 

I think someone like copping has got to step up and take a chance on a few, credit to him he has done it in the past with A7X, he should maybe start taking chances with the subs, this year might be a good opportunity to do so bearing in mind how much he must have spent on the headliners.

Why not do both Mungo? I know it's a lot of money but I did it last year and it was great

Btw here is a prediction now that we know the headliners

Rammstein
Deftones
Bullet For My Valentine
Trivium
While She Sleeps
Young Guns
Cancer Bats
Lindemann

Volbeat

Black Sabbath
System of a Down
KoRn
Nightwish
Skindred
Anthrax
Marmozets
Dio Disciples
Gojira

Billy Talent

Iron Maiden
Evanescence
Ritchie Blackmore
The Darkness
Halestorm
Ministry
Sixx:AM
Heaven's Basement
Baroness

Disturbed

I know System of a Down is a bit wishful thinking but just don't know where they would play unless Sonisphere goes ahead. Plus would be cool to have them and Sabbath sharing a stage again. If not them though just put Evanescence below Sabbath, move Ritchie up and put Slayer in third from top on Sunday.

Really not pleased about this. For anyone that has been in the past few years this isn't great.

• This year we had Slipknot clashing with BSC and Shikari headlining 2nd - The Same as 2013.
  • Next year we have two identical headliners.

I LOVE Rammstein. But they haven't released anything new, and have confirmed to be touring with a smaller stage setup.

PLUS Copping has also confirmed that they are booking less bands and having longer sets, meaning that the headliners are as important as ever.

whilst it must be frustrating for people who are regulars, the bookings are pretty understandable - Rammstein were available, so it makes total sense to book them again, especially with how well their last headline set went down. Sabbath will be no more after next year so booking them is a no brainer. and Maiden are touring and have a new album out, so again it makes sense to snatch them up. out of all the possible options (SOAD, BMTH etc) these three were definitely the biggest hitters and the big ticket sellers. you can't forget that if Download didn't book these acts, Sonisphere would - these days it's as much about leaving Sonisphere in the dirt as it is booking a stellar lineup. i'm sure next years trio of BMTH, Metallica and some classic rock act like Bon Jovi will get torn to shreds too

i'd actually love to go see Rammstein, regardless of what the undercard's like (although Deftones subbing would definitely sweeten the deal) so i may enquire about that!

From a business POV, I think that they would struggle to get a better selling set of headliners, which is what the festival is all about. But from a personal viewpoint, I find it a disappointing trio, apart from Rammstein, whom I would very much like to see. Getting Sabbath on their 'last ever tour', I can understand that. But Iron Maiden AGAIN (especially alongside Stein again) really leave me feeling flat. 

Having three headliners who have all headlined within the past four years already is as uninspired as it comes. I've been saying it for months, but I really feel that Download have dropped a b*llock not getting BMTH to headline 2016. It was the perfect time and I don't think there will be a better time to promote a British hard rock/metal to headline status for a long while. Yes it will be great if they have them lined up for 2017, but I really feel like 2016 was their time, with the amount of hype they have/have had around them these past few months. 

Anyway, bearing in mind the 'less bands, longer slots' news, here's what I'm predicting: 

Rammstein 
Deftones  
Stone Sour 
Trivium
Papa Roach 
Crossfaith 
Hacktivist
Northlane 

Bullet For My Valentine 
Killswitch Engage

Black Sabbath 
Rainbow 
Hollywood Vampires 
The Darkness 
Halestorm 
Sixx:A.M.
Heaven's Basement
Evil Scarecrow 

KoRn (finishing before Black Sabbath) 
Skindred

Iron Maiden 
Volbeat 
Disturbed 
Slayer 
While She Sleeps 
Atreyu
Marmozets 
Creeper 

All Time Low 
Alexisonfire

Edited by Andre91

Why not do both Mungo? I know it's a lot of money but I did it last year and it was great

Rammstein
Deftones
Bullet For My Valentine
Trivium
While She Sleeps
Young Guns
Cancer Bats
Lindemann

Volbeat

Black Sabbath
System of a Down
KoRn
Nightwish
Skindred
Anthrax
Marmozets
Dio Disciples
Gojira

Billy Talent

Iron Maiden
Evanescence
Ritchie Blackmore
The Darkness
Halestorm
Ministry
Heaven's Basement
Baroness

Disturbed

I know System of a Down is a bit wishful thinking but just don't know where they would play unless Sonisphere goes ahead. Plus would be cool to have them and Sabbath sharing a stage again. If not them though just put Evanescence below Sabbath, move Ritchie up and put Slayer in third from top on Sunday.

Come one, SOAD aren't going to sub regardless of it being Sabbath. I think we all know it'll be Rainbow below there. I'm quite surprised Sabbath hasn't been hyped a little than just last ever appearance there, that's quite obvious. No doubt about it that for the festival it's a huge trio but not for me.

I dont think System will ever be booked as a sub at Download, even to Sabbath, as Andy needs them as a headliner and that was weakened when they subbed at Reading. They did the Wembley show which flew out, strengthening their position again, I can't see him risking that now cus I think it would be hard to book them as headliner next time.

Its hard to believe some people moaning about these headliners, but I spoke about that on the previous page.

Copping said on Twitter that Blackmore/Rainbow will not be appearing

Can't stand Rammstein, will give that one a miss, so am tempted to buy day passes to see Sabbath and Maiden

Was hoping the 3rd headliner would be AC/DC, but as they are not doing Download it surely makes Glasto more likely now, can't see them doing R+L or T In The Park

Rammstein
Deftones
Bullet For My Valentine
Trivium
While She Sleeps
Young Guns
Cancer Bats
Lindemann

Volbeat

Black Sabbath
System of a Down
KoRn
Nightwish
Skindred
Anthrax
Marmozets
Dio Disciples
Gojira

Billy Talent

Iron Maiden
Evanescence
Ritchie Blackmore
The Darkness
Halestorm
Ministry
Heaven's Basement
Baroness

Disturbed

No chance of SOAD. Evanescence don't want to play heavier festivals any more and based on Copping's Twitter responses I would say that Ritchie Blackmore is not playing. Same (and more emphatically) with Scorpions.

Come one, SOAD aren't going to sub regardless of it being Sabbath. I think we all know it'll be Rainbow below there. I'm quite surprised Sabbath hasn't been hyped a little than just last ever appearance there, that's quite obvious. No doubt about it that for the festival it's a huge trio but not for me.

Is Ritchie gonna be touring as Rainbow or under his own name? Seems weird to be touring under Rainbow if he is planning to play Deep Purple songs..I guess Rainbow did play a couple of Deep Purple songs when they used to tour but just feels a bit odd as all the news seems to be leading to an equal mix. Gonna be odd seeing Rainbow without Dio as well. I know that Dio wasn't really in Rainbow that long in the grand scheme of things but I always link him up with them.

From a business POV, I think that they would struggle to get a better selling set of headliners, which is what the festival is all about. But from a personal viewpoint, I find it a disappointing trio, apart from Rammstein, whom I would very much like to see. Getting Sabbath on their 'last ever tour', I can understand that. But Iron Maiden AGAIN (especially alongside Stein again) really leave me feeling flat. 

Having three headliners who have all headlined within the past four years already is as uninspired as it comes. I've been saying it for months, but I really feel that Download have dropped a b*llock not getting BMTH to headline 2016. It was the perfect time and I don't think there will be a better time to promote a British hard rock/metal to headline status for a long while. Yes it will be great if they have them lined up for 2017, but I really feel like 2016 was their time, with the amount of hype they have/have had around them these past few months. 

Anyway, bearing in mind the 'less bands, longer slots' news, here's what I'm predicting: 

Rammstein 
Deftones  
Stone Sour 
Trivium
Papa Roach 
Crossfaith 
Hacktivist
Northlane 

Bullet For My Valentine 
Killswitch Engage

Black Sabbath 
Rainbow 
Hollywood Vampires 
The Darkness 
Halestorm 
Sixx:A.M.
Heaven's Basement
Evil Scarecrow 

KoRn (finishing before Black Sabbath) 
Skindred

Iron Maiden 
Volbeat 
Disturbed 
Slayer 
While She Sleeps 
Atreyu
Marmozets 
Creeper 

All Time Low 
Alexisonfire

Looks a great lineup to me. Plenty I would like to see and I didn't even think about Hollywood Vampires... they would be a fun sort nostalgia trip, although if Skindred were on at the same time I would have to go see them. Only thing is would Volbeat really play that high? Could see them bump to third from top but sub headliner seems a bit much and I doubt Alexisonfire will be touring in June of next year. Hope they are but doesn't seem to be any immediate plans.

Edited by SOAD

No chance of SOAD. Evanescence don't want to play heavier festivals any more and based on Copping's Twitter responses I would say that Ritchie Blackmore is not playing. Same (and more emphatically) with Scorpions.

Evanescence will be doing Ozzfest Japan in like a month. Bullet, Ozzy, Korn etc all appearing also

Zegut reckons that Hellfest have Black Sabbath, Rammstein, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Twisted Sister, Within Temptation, Korn, Deftones, Disturbed, Volbeat, King Diamond, Ghost, Foreigner, Sixx:A.M. For the most part looks like a typical Sonisphere lineup but guess I could see a lot of those playing DL. Foreigner before Rainbow and Sabbath would probably work quite well.

Speaking of Sonisphere, I'm not certain but one of the remaining Sonispheres - Switzerland - apparently seems to have been ditched and Iron Maiden and Rammstein are being hosted at another event in the country under DEAG's 'Allmend Rockt'.

Edited by dentalplan

Zegut reckons that Hellfest have Black Sabbath, Rammstein, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Twisted Sister, Within Temptation, Korn, Deftones, Disturbed, Volbeat, King Diamond, Ghost, Foreigner, Sixx:A.M. For the most part looks like a typical Sonisphere lineup but guess I could see a lot of those playing DL. Foreigner before Rainbow and Sabbath would probably work quite well.

Speaking of Sonisphere, I'm not certain but one of the remaining Sonispheres - Switzerland - apparently seems to have been ditched and Iron Maiden and Rammstein are being hosted at another event in the country under DEAG's 'Allmend Rockt'.

so Rammstein gonna play both Hellfest and Download France? If so, who's gonna be the third headliner at Hellfest?