Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropkick Murphys are everywhere in June. Any chance of them in there? I'd be happy with all of those named bands if they came out. Twisted Sister and Slayer possibilities? They seem to be out and about in June as well.

Twisted Sister are exclusive to BOA but the other two will definitely be in with a shout. Depends how much they announce as I'm not sure either would be in the top 12 slots or so (top three main or 2nd headline), but they wouldn't be far off. Saying that I just mentioned Ghost and they may not be either so yeah possibly. :P

Going back and looking at who's around this summer, Alice Cooper are probably a decent option to play Sabbath day or on 2nd opposite Rammstein.

I see that Download France is set to announce on Monday and they've apparently got Biffy, Deftones, Megadeth, Ghost, Volbeat and perhaps some more to come then, if anyone's been eyeing that up.

Edited by dentalplan

Surprused with Korn getting the bump up considering they last played 3rd down and subbing second over the last few years

Deftones are ace, not really a massive sub either but ace nonetheless.

Megadeth can do one though.

Yeah I thought Korn might have been a mistake or something, seems completely unwarranted.

Deftones sold out [the initial tickets for] Wembley Arena very quickly - quicker than potential headliners BMTH did - so I think they're at least a comfortable sub. Think they might be the headliner at Download Paris, you know. EDIT - No I don't because that's the same day as they're at Donington. :P

I think Black_Crow's 'big 4 for Sonisphere' thing is out the window already.

Edited by dentalplan

Yeah I guess but considering how often they tour I don't see Deftones as a big sub.  At soni they had at least Frank Turner under them last year which made it quite a big top 3 but Sabbath, Deftones then Megadeth is a bit light in my eyes (after sabbs ofc) especially as there's meant to be less bands overall already.  Couple that with Korn as the other sub it screams to me that they've spent too much on headliners.

Yeah I guess but considering how often they tour I don't see Deftones as a big sub.  At soni they had at least Frank Turner under them last year which made it quite a big top 3 but Sabbath, Deftones then Megadeth is a bit light in my eyes (after sabbs ofc) especially as there's meant to be less bands overall already.  Couple that with Korn as the other sub it screams to me that they've spent too much on headliners.

I have to agree with you now those Sunday acts have come in. A header and sub I really wanna see in Sabbath/Deftones is a sweet deal but Korn and Disturbed seem a little weak, and I guess some might have reservations about Deftones too.