Download 2016

Hart Attack

53 minutes ago, jump said:

I swear I've seen this argument with Gazza before where he keeps claiming Download is a metal fest and not a rock fest. I'm pretty sure it ended when someone posted the the first page of the Download site where it says it's a rock festival so Gazza backtracked and started claiming he was calling it a rock fest all along and everyone else was calling it a metal fest.

LMFAO! It says rock festival on site of a website from a booker who claims it's a rock festival, strange that lol. 4 out of the top 9 were actually in that bracket this year and around 6/7 last year. I remember replying to someone making a point of it's a rock fest, bit of a downward move for every 9 bands announced to be metal.

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

:lol:

I think there are points on either side of that argument. From top to bottom you can't call it a metal festival, but when the festival usually features recurring metal acts in the upper reaches and there are a few major rock bands that seemingly won't touch the festival and vice versa, it's not out of line to refer to it as 'a metal festival'.

^Well when there is 9 acts announced and all are metal bands, you'd find it hard to refer to it as a rock festival.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I think there are more acts to be announced.

There are and I'm not denying that but it's a bit full on for all the top 9 bands to not only be metal but very recent bookings too. And someone else pointed out here a while back that with the Download main stage, below 3rd/4th on occasions it doesn't often look very strong and much of it is filler.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

LMFAO! It says rock festival on site of a website from a booker who claims it's a rock festival, strange that lol. 4 out of the top 9 were actually in that bracket this year and around 6/7 last year. I remember replying to someone making a point of it's a rock fest, bit of a downward move for every 9 bands announced to be metal.

^Well when there is 9 acts announced and all are metal bands, you'd find it hard to refer to it as a rock festival.

Finally after years of waiting you've finally been proven right that Download is a metal festival, WELL DONE YOU!!

1 hour ago, jump said:

Finally after years of waiting you've finally been proven right that Download is a metal festival, WELL DONE YOU!!

I don't need proving right, Mr Copping does who still refers to is as a rock festival. He also lies about who's playing though when bands he's booked chuck him under the bus and mug him off, it's brilliant! 

12 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I don't need proving right, Mr Copping does who still refers to is as a rock festival. He also lies about who's playing though when bands he's booked chuck him under the bus and mug him off, it's brilliant! 

Copping is such a fool to try and trick you, he doesn't know what an expert you are in the field of festivals.

46 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Who is everyone expecting for second stage headliners then? I'm going for Bullet For My Valentine, All Time Low and Volbeat. 

This seems to be the most widely touted trio at the moment. TBH I don't think 2nd will run for any of the headliners so clashes will be against teh subs.