Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus! Just looked at his tour venues.

Have I spectacularly misjudged his popularity?

Some large venues there.

Royal Albert Hall? On an acoustic tour?

Surely even Soundgarden themselves would struggle to sell out those venues.

They're fancy venues but not really that big. I think RAH is usually under 4,000 for gigs - which Soundgarden could probably sell in a morning at any given venue - and that's the biggest one. That being said, I'm similarly surprised as I didn't know anyone really cared about his solo stuff.

Anyway, plethora of suitable Download acts announced around the festival today between RAR/RIP, Fortarock, Nova Rock and Greenfield:

Alice Cooper, Amon Amarth, Architects, August Burns Red, Billy Talent, Bring Me The Horizon, Bullet For My Valentine, Cancer Bats Deftones, Disturbed, Dropkick Murphys, Enter Shikari, Heaven Shall Burn, Issues, Korn, NOFX, Of Mice & Men, Pennywise, Tesseract, The Amity Affliction, The Hives, Trivium, Volbeat, Zebrahead

Anyway, plethora of suitable Download acts announced around the festival today between RAR/RIP, Fortarock, Nova Rock and Greenfield:

Alice Cooper, Amon Amarth, Architects, August Burns Red, Billy Talent, Bring Me The Horizon, Bullet For My Valentine, Cancer Bats, Deftones, Disturbed, Dropkick Murphys, Enter Shikari, Heaven Shall Burn, Issues, Korn, NOFX, Of Mice & Men, PennywiseTesseract, The Amity Affliction, The Hives, Trivium, Volbeat, Zebrahead

If we get the ones in bold I will be very happy. Doubt we will get all of them but we're bound to get a big chunk of the bands you've listed

So me and the wee cousin are definitely heading down for this. That headline trio was a big clincher, and longer sets for the other acts is a good thing as well.

You'll not regret it. Bet you come back next year. 

As much as I think Andy would book Biffy Clyro, now more than I did I don't think it's right for them, they didn't look comfortable subbing last time and it wasn't one of their better shows. I think Glasto will offer them the headline show and they'll take that I think knowing it won't harm their Download chances, whereas not live upto the hype at Download and it might do them for Glasto later.

Hi gazza *waves*

Tell you what, if Download gets a bunch of acts from Greenfield, Nova and Rock AM Ring, it WILL be the best Download ever for me.

Healthy dollop of punk acts, metal, rock, theres everything.

Really hope Download gets Pennywise, NOFX, Dropkicks, Hives and Zebrahead from Greenfield, that could be the most punk rock download has had in years!! Get Billy Talent too! 

Alice Cooper on Main Stage would be nice on Sabbath day

They're fancy venues but not really that big. I think RAH is usually under 4,000 for gigs - which Soundgarden could probably sell in a morning at any given venue - and that's the biggest one. That being said, I'm similarly surprised as I didn't know anyone really cared about his solo stuff.

yeah, perhaps I exaggerated by saying Soumdgarden couldn't sell out but still massive venues for an acoustic tour.

Rainbow? As in the old children's TV Show?  

http://metalshockfinland.com/2015/10/28/ritchie-blackmores-rainbow-will-not-appear-at-download-festival-uk-show-to-be-announced-soon/

Ritchie Blackmore‘s agent, Alec Leslie replied to us “Rainbow will only be playing three shows in 2016: two in Germany and one in the UK.” He also made it clear that “The UK performance will not be at Download Festival.” But he left a message for British fans, “the show will be announced on the 2nd November.

http://metalshockfinland.com/2015/10/28/ritchie-blackmores-rainbow-will-not-appear-at-download-festival-uk-show-to-be-announced-soon/

Ritchie Blackmore‘s agent, Alec Leslie replied to us “Rainbow will only be playing three shows in 2016: two in Germany and one in the UK.” He also made it clear that “The UK performance will not be at Download Festival.” But he left a message for British fans, “the show will be announced on the 2nd November.

I appear to have been blocked and content deleted from the main DL forums for suggesting that Rainbow might appear at Rambling Man Fair in July. I really hope it's true.

I appear to have been blocked and content deleted from the main DL forums for suggesting that Rainbow might appear at Rambling Man Fair in July. I really hope it's true.

there's no sign that's coming back again though on their website, if it was I'd wager you may well have something

Edited by 5co77ie

there's no sign that's coming back again though on their website, if it was I'd wager you may well have something

The social media has stuff like 2016 dates, etc. Website seems to have been left behind as it doesn't have anything about being bought out on there either.

Edited by dentalplan

those metallers are an accepting open minded lot just like they always claim of themselves, eh? :P

Now now, you can't go stereotyping millions of people just because of the music they like. But yeah.

Facebook is active(ish). They better run again, I got a ticket. It was great last year, in a grown up festival kind of way. Rainbow would be the perfect fit too.