Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's also said there will be less bands but longer set lengths this year. E.g he spaffed the budget on the headliners, I'm ok with that though because I've always thought the amount of bands who only play 30 mins is ridiculous.

aye, although he's definitely thrown all the money at the headliners, 30 minute sets really piss me off so it's no bad thing

He was having about 5 conversations at the same time. He clarified that foos and green day weren't available and he meant iron maiden weren't doing a UK tour in 2016, just download 

He did say Foos weren't touring, I just got bored of posting his tweets at that point!

https://twitter.com/Maverick_AC/status/656180999819304960

He seems convinced they're not doing Glasto either...

Edited by paulmuchmore

He said Foos and Green Day weren't available.  Then said foos werent touring.  So Green day might be touring but just not available for DL.  He's taking a lot of flakk though so might be bluffing about Foos.  If he gets called out down the line he can claim they must have changed their mind after saying no.

He did say Foos weren't touring, I just got bored of posting his tweets at that point!

https://twitter.com/Maverick_AC/status/656180999819304960

He seems convinced they're not doing Glasto either...

interesting that he seems willing to bet on Foos not doing Glastonbury. maybe he knows something, or maybe he's just bitter about not bagging them yet again

seems to take it to heart when people call him out on not booking a wider variety of bands

interesting that he seems willing to bet on Foos not doing Glastonbury. maybe he knows something, or maybe he's just bitter about not bagging them yet again

seems to take it to heart when people call him out on not booking a wider variety of bands

I'm hoping it's the bitterness personally, as I'd like to see Foos again and was gutted they had to pull out this year, though it's not the end of the world if they're not there as I've seen them 3 times!

Basically I want them confirmed to reduce the number of headline spots available to Adele :P

Haha I know, but my logic is if other headliners are confirmed, the chance of her taking one of the others is smaller! 

Anyway, we shouldn't be discussing Adele in the Download forum!

We've actually had an Adele song played on main stage.

Is it better to have those bands on the lineup doing 30 min sets or not playing at all.

obviously the more acts the better, but even just adding an extra ten minutes to there set would make the world of difference

You sure about that?

if it's still on for next year then they're taking their sweet time announcing it, especially if Download's trio of Rammstein, Sabbath and Maiden proves to be true - they'd need some serious heavyweights to compete with that (SOAD, AC/DC and another bigg'un)

yep, no-one is going to take a punt on a festival that cancelled itself a few months beforehand last time. they pissed on their chips.

well they already did when it went ahead in 2014 - it's always just a case of if three MORE (i.e. not the ones Download has) big metal/heavy acts are touring and available at the time. if the likes of SOAD, AC/DC, Slipknot etc aren't willing to do it, then it won't go ahead next year

Yup it ran in 2014 and did well after the cancellation of 2012 but definitely down to bands and availability which 2016 seems to have a few, dont think they need 3 massive hitters as they only need to shift 45-65k tix but one biggy like AC/DC would help and ensure it happens.

It did alright, but considering they had 60k tickets to sell with Iron Maiden and Metallica on the bill I don't think it was that much of a success. Of course, it wasn't ideal to have BST clashing and Download's headers already being announced before it was even known if Soni was on.

I think unless it has Foos or AC/DC or even GNR then it needn't bother next year.

Edited by dentalplan

I think unless it has Foos or AC/DC or even GNR then it needn't bother next year.

It needs a stellar line up and doesn't have the capacity to make ends meet with the fees required by heavyweights like that. I just can't see it going ahead. Hope not anyway as next year is spendy enough and if it does go ahead that'll mean 2 trips 500 miles south in July.