Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was posted to my fb page by a mate. I've got no reason to believe he would bullshit.

Anyway, announcement is at 8am tomorrow morning isn't it? Wonder if they've bought it forward due to leaks.

Edited by Moey

Yeah it'll be Rammstein. I have read that Soni Switzerland are gonna announce Rammstein and Maiden tomorrow, FKP festivals Hurricane, Southside and Tinderbox are all announcing tomorrow, the Pinkpop organiser has pretty much said he's waiting to announce Rammstein along with all their other dates. If it's not Rammstein they picked the wrong day to announce. :P

That 'leaked' pic that's doing the rounds isn't even well photoshopped but people are gonna believe that Download genuinely fucked up when Rammstein get dropped tomorrow, even though they didn't. 

It was posted to my fb page by a mate. I've got no reason to believe he would bullshit.

Anyway, announcement is at 8am tomorrow morning isn't it? Wonder if they've bought it forward due to leaks.

Kerrang have the headliners printed on the cover and it's in shops tomorrow morning. No point in announcing in the evening. :P

So now we can talk about it, what does everyone think of the headliners? 

These headliners are going bring the ticket money in.

I think it's going to have a big effect on the smaller stages though, we'll be seeing quite a few austerity bookings. 

Can't wait for rammstein. Sabbath I might watch again one last time, thought ozzy was awful last time I saw them though. As for maiden, already seen the greatest hits set last time, new album is pants and they'll lean heavily on it, I'll be anywhere else than the main stage Sunday night 

Its an amazing set of headliners. Three huge bookings, it doesn't matter how often bands of this size have played, im sure they'll still pull in the punters, end of the day Live Nation run this for profit, they will get the biggest bands they can get, obviously Sabbath won't be an option moving forward so they had to grab them, Rammstein you know what they're like, if they're willing to do it you snap them up and Iron Maiden if they're wanting to do the festival rounds you go for it.

Its hard for Download to really push these new bands, cus they just don't bring in the day ticketers. These three headliners this year though will sell really strong as a weekend package as well as day ticketers. I Imagine the fan crossover for Maiden and Sabbath will be very similar and Rammstein not being in the middle, but on the Friday will help.

People will moan about them playing recently but to be honest if you're talking about tours and they are bands that you like you would go and watch them on tour every three years, I don't understand the grief that goes with festival repeats to be honest, go watch a different stage if you love the festival but don't like a certain band or if you aren't that arsed about the festival then go to a different festival. 

Wrong.

Tweet happened. They fucked up.

Fair enough. I thought because of the lettering it had to be a Photoshop or even MS Paint job but LEMON_WOLF put in a good point that it'll have been compressed a bunch of times to make it look that shitty.

So now we can talk about it, what does everyone think of the headliners? 

These headliners are going bring the ticket money in.

I think it's going to have a big effect on the smaller stages though, we'll be seeing quite a few austerity bookings. 

Can't wait for rammstein. Sabbath I might watch again one last time, thought ozzy was awful last time I saw them though. As for maiden, already seen the greatest hits set last time, new album is pants and they'll lean heavily on it, I'll be anywhere else than the main stage Sunday night 

Yeah it's a blockbuster bunch of headers and despite not being too imaginative and stuff, it's certainly the biggest headline trio they've ever had and I'd say a guaranteed sell out.

For me personally, Maiden suck and I'm not into Rammstein's music but I'd go see them if they played a festival I was at for the stage show. I need to see Sabbath before they pack it in but I'd probably want to go to their final arena/stadium gigs regardless of going to Download or not so probably better just to do that. However I've got friends that would be well up for seeing Maiden and Sabbath though so I'll keep my options open, particularly with a tasty undercard.

Just an FYI for anyone not too keen on Sabbath; it seems that Download France is like £125 weekend + camping with Maiden and Rammstein headlining. Probably quicker to get to from the south of England than Donington. Also I saw on Ringrocker that someone who knew a lot of info about the fest beforehand apparently said SOAD are the alternative to Sabbath there if that's interesting to people, but whether that's true or not will probably be confirmed before the tickets go on sale this week.

Uninspired and boring but from a sales point of view its a great set of headliners. Fans of this genre are hugely loyal from my experience and will see them time and time again. Unless Download changes soon and begins to book acts more like Foo Fighters, however, bands like Maiden, Metallica and obviously Sabbath will die and take the frstival with them.

Uninspired and boring but from a sales point of view its a great set of headliners. Fans of this genre are hugely loyal from my experience and will see them time and time again. Unless Download changes soon and begins to book acts more like Foo Fighters, however, bands like Maiden, Metallica and obviously Sabbath will die and take the frstival with them.

Not sure it's the case that Download would die with those bands. I mean, the problem at the moment is that people will go where those bands are, but when those bands are nowhere anymore I don't think they'd just quit going to festivals - it'd just gradually open it up to new mega acts doing all the festivals like Rammstein and Slipknot are already becoming, and some other shitters like Linkin Park and SOAD I suppose. In any case it's the whole rock and metal festival scene rather than just Download, maybe it'd be a worry if young people weren't getting into the genres covered by Download but they are and always will.

Edited by dentalplan

I hear this touted quite often and totally disagree. Yes they'l have to take the newer bands eventually but why risk them now when the guaranteed ticket sellers are available. If DL didn't book the trio of headliners they have then Soni would and soni would sell out. The new bands will still be there in 5 years and their time will come. Rock and metal fans are not going to stay at home or start going to V festival once the likes of sabbath and Maiden retire.

I'm just glad I've got my ticket and campervan ticket already. You thought this site was bad last year for people searching for campervan tickets............