Rihanna

Matt42

• 6 years later...

Congratulations ri ri and A$AP.

Although I think amongst her becoming a billionaire from her own beauty brand, her general disinterest in music, and “meh” attitude to touring I think we will never get another album or a tour from her again.

I do think she’s strangely one of the biggest pop names to have never played the festival. I reckon a Glasto hits filled set from her would have been one for the ages.

Edited by Matt42

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Congratulations ri ri and A$AP.

Although I think amongst her becoming a billionaire from her own beauty brand, her general disinterest in music, and “meh” attitude to touring I think we will never get another album or a tour from her again.

I do think she’s strangely one of the biggest pop names to have never played the festival. I reckon a Glasto hits filled set from her would have been one for the ages.

I still think she’ll release something at some point, even if it isn’t at the top of her priorities list anymore, and however long it takes it’ll have people talking and all her fans right back on board. 

Whether she’ll ever tour again is a different matter, but let’s be honest, she wasn’t ever the greatest live singer so I’d totally understand if she didn’t fancy getting back at it.

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I still think she’ll release something at some point, even if it isn’t at the top of her priorities list anymore, and however long it takes it’ll have people talking and all her fans right back on board. 

Whether she’ll ever tour again is a different matter, but let’s be honest, she wasn’t ever the greatest live singer so I’d totally understand if she didn’t fancy getting back at it.

Given artists earn pretty much all their money from touring now, i'd expect her to tour. She could just do stadiums in Europe/NA and call it at that or chase paydays at festivals

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

Given artists earn pretty much all their money from touring now, i'd expect her to tour. She could just do stadiums in Europe/NA and call it at that or chase paydays at festivals

She has become a billionaire from her makeup brand tho. I reckon touring would make a fraction of what she earns otherwise. 

• 1 year later...

Any predictions for the Super Bowl setlist? At the moment I'm thinking something like this...

1.) Don't Stop The Music

2.) Rude Boy / Disturbia

3.) Only Girl (in the world)

4.) Pon De Replay / Work

5.) Run This Town / Umbrella (with Jay-Z??)

6.) B*tch Better Have My Money / Needed Me / S&M

7.) Diamonds

8.) [New Song??]

9.) Where Have You Been / We Found Love

9 hours ago, stanh said:

Any predictions for the Super Bowl setlist? At the moment I'm thinking something like this...

1.) Don't Stop The Music

2.) Rude Boy / Disturbia

3.) Only Girl (in the world)

4.) Pon De Replay / Work

5.) Run This Town / Umbrella (with Jay-Z??)

6.) B*tch Better Have My Money / Needed Me / S&M

7.) Diamonds

8.) [New Song??]

9.) Where Have You Been / We Found Love

She’ll only have 15 minutes.

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Don’t they usually do snippets of a bunch of songs? Or at least the more pop-leaning acts tend to. Probably still too many songs, but I imagine she’ll squeeze in as many of her big hits as possible - Umbrella, Don’t Stop the Music, Rude Boi, Only Girl in the World, What’s My Name, We Found Love, Diamonds, Work…

Hopefully no time given to non-Rihanna songs to accommodate guests as she’s already got enough bangers of her own. 

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t they usually do snippets of a bunch of songs? Or at least the more pop-leaning acts tend to. Probably still too many songs, but I imagine she’ll squeeze in as many of her big hits as possible - Umbrella, Don’t Stop the Music, Rude Boi, Only Girl in the World, What’s My Name, We Found Love, Diamonds, Work…

Hopefully no time given to non-Rihanna songs to accommodate guests as she’s already got enough bangers of her own. 

Oh yeah it’ll just be a big medley, but I doubt she’ll be able to squeeze THAT much in.

16 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Being optimistic, think she has said in an interview the set is 13 mins. But put mine in assuming we'll get like a chorus or a small snippet of most of them - there are a couple decent concepts for it on Youtube, reckon she will try squeeze in as much as possible, even if it as few seconds just to tick some tunes off.