Dalai Lama self-confirms

UEF

It’s a joke that been blown out of all proportion, ‘cause that’s what happens in the press and social media. He’s known to be a joker and that’s probably all it was. Totally inappropriate and ill-advised,  but if you’re seriously claiming the Dalia Lama is a paedophile you need to have a word with yourself and ask why it hasn’t come to light yet that a 90 year old man, who’s known for his compassion and complete interest in human well-being, hasn’t been accused, to my knowledge, of any type of predatory behaviour. If he’s really a ‘nonce’ then he best be advised to get some tips from his Catholic Bretheren about how to keep it hushed up. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, PassingCloud said:

It’s a joke that been blown out of all proportion, ‘cause that’s what happens in the press and social media. He’s known to be a joker and that’s probably all it was. Totally inappropriate and ill-advised,  but if you’re seriously claiming the Dalia Lama is a paedophile you need to have a word with yourself and ask why it hasn’t come to light yet that a 90 year old man, who’s known for his compassion and complete interest in human well-being, hasn’t been accused, to my knowledge, of any type of predatory behaviour. If he’s really a ‘nonce’ then he best be advised to get some tips from his Catholic Bretheren about how to keep it hushed up. 

Maybe hes just got into the paedo thing now?

23 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

People in here saying it’s innocent need their hard drives checking.

Disgraceful behaviour. You’d batter the shit out of someone doing that to your kids.

Christ alive.

Political correctness gone mad when we can't ask children to suck our tongues. 

3 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

I want this to be the case, and the dementia thing crossed my mind too - but seriously this needs a very strong reaction and for any interactions he has with kids to be completely cut.  Not cool that this will now be a large part of any legacy he has (assuming it's not representative, but that needs proper investigation now), but that's the position he's put himself in.  We're all looking forwards to being feckless and getting away with more shit as we get older - I was thinking maybe heroin - but he should have a team of people stopping this kinda shit from happening / had these kind of engagements wound up years ago.

Edited by p.pete
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, p.pete said:

We're all looking forwards to being feckless and getting away with more shit as we get older - I was thinking maybe heroin 

On the odd occasion that I reflect on my life, I wish that I had travelled more, and not spent all my money on drink and drugs. It occured to me that I really should have waited to take acid until I was in an old people's home. That way, they could have forcibly wheeled me out in front of the telly, I'd drop a tab, and then programs like Cash in the Attic, would actually be really interesting - cosmic, even. 

55 minutes ago, p.pete said:

I want this to be the case, and the dementia thing crossed my mind too - but seriously this needs a very strong reaction and for any interactions he has with kids to be completely cut.  Not cool that this will now be a large part of any legacy he has (assuming it's not representative, but that needs proper investigation now), but that's the position he's put himself in.  We're all looking forwards to being feckless and getting away with more shit as we get older - I was thinking maybe heroin - but he should have a team of people stopping this kinda shit from happening / had these kind of engagements wound up years ago.

It’ll be part of his legacy because nobody will accept his apology and move on. Thankfully he has the kind of mind where he can move on; for others it would be a life-deranging faux-pas because the mob will never let it die. 

I wouldn't call him paedo because I understand that's a person that's sexually attracted to kids and I don't see it here... BUT it's pretty fucking disgusting and very very inappropriate, I'd say say assault level inappropriate.

@PassingCloud do you want to volunteer and try this at your work to see how long you'd be still employed?

12 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I wouldn't call him paedo because I understand that's a person that's sexually attracted to kids and I don't see it here... BUT it's pretty fucking disgusting and very very inappropriate, I'd say say assault level inappropriate.

@PassingCloud do you want to volunteer and try this at your work to see how long you'd be still employed?

I work for myself, alone. So….no. 

20 hours ago, Kirpi said:

Why obviuosly innocent? Are you so blinkered that you can no longer see reality?

if someone put a gun against your head and demanded that you make a decision as to whether the Dalai Lama was a nonce or not, which would you choose? Oh, and this decision is to be made knowing that you will get your head blown off if you got it wrong. Would you be so confident then? If you would be, then what else would you be basing your decision on, other than this photo?

I don't think his intention was to tell everyone that finally, in his 87th year and 14th reincarnation since 1391, that he likes to fondle boys during a highly-attended meeting with tonnes of press there.

It looked like a stupid gross joke, the kind your ancient great-grandmother would play, kissing you full on the lips without her dentures in.

On 4/10/2023 at 8:50 PM, Popsider75 said:

Pissed me off no end when he rocked up he took about ten minutes out of Patti Smith's set. So annoying!

i bet patti wasn't too displeased to be interrupted by god.

Whether or not you believe the 'cultural difference' explanations for why he did this, you've got to be a hardcore The Nal/GB News/"It should be spelled Pedos" merchant to actually believe he was doing this for sexual gratification in front of an audience and cameras.  Even the most prolific hiding-in-plain-sight sex offenders made sure they were never filmed doing something anywhere near as jarring as this, as they knew that would bring the flood-gates bursting on them.

When you're talking about someone who's spent their entire life being fed a bullshit story about them being a divine entity, then you have to entertain the concept that they might genuinely think some weird shit is normal.  I'd be happy for him to be cancelled over this though because any person or book believed to have special divine knowledge is potentially dangerous.

42 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Whether or not you believe the 'cultural difference' explanations for why he did this, you've got to be a hardcore The Nal/GB News/"It should be spelled Pedos" merchant to actually believe he was doing this for sexual gratification in front of an audience and cameras.  Even the most prolific hiding-in-plain-sight sex offenders made sure they were never filmed doing something anywhere near as jarring as this, as they knew that would bring the flood-gates bursting on them.

When you're talking about someone who's spent their entire life being fed a bullshit story about them being a divine entity, then you have to entertain the concept that they might genuinely think some weird shit is normal.  I'd be happy for him to be cancelled over this though because any person or book believed to have special divine knowledge is potentially dangerous.

So a dangerous delusional moron and now likely a peado pedo?

15 minutes ago, The Nal said:

So a dangerous delusional moron and now likely a peado pedo?

Facking right mate!  Fakking peedos every fackingwhere!  That facking Q Anon had the right facking idea - Hilary Clinton should have been hanged for all the facking kiddies she killed and ate in that pizza restaurant.

I've no more knowledge about the Dalai Llama's proclivities than you, but the likelihood that a media-savvy bloke like him would decide a very public meeting would be the perfect opportunity to get his rocks off with a child have to be very, very low.  But debating this sort of thing with a populist like yourself is pointless - simple lies always beat complicated truths.