Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

This post needs to be followed up with a clear confirmation that they're playing somewhere late and dark!

Ben

I shall do my best Ben! Hoping for that kind of response from him! He's a good mate of my brothers, really nice guy. Stupidly good producer and engineer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blakester said:

Does anybody know if andrew Weatherall has played in recent years? I’d love for his night at love from outer space’ to make an appearance.

im also hoping to see Greg Wilson who appears to play most years.

Mrs Yeti and I have bought tickets to Weatherall's Convenenza festival. I'm a big fan and to get to see and hear several of his guises over a weekend in a spectacular location is something I'm very much looking forward to. 

48 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Mrs Yeti and I have bought tickets to Weatherall's Convenenza festival. I'm a big fan and to get to see and hear several of his guises over a weekend in a spectacular location is something I'm very much looking forward to. 

I’m very envious. It looks amazing. I’m off to Alfos in Glasgow next month. That will need to do for now. But It’s a good point - maybe the fact that he has his own festival lessens the likelihood of him playing Glastonbury. Have fun.

Hi All,

pretty new here but looking for recommendations. I’m in Manchester for DJ Shadow next month (28 Feb) and trying to figure the best club night to head to after. I hear good things about the White Hotel but haven’t been. Anyone have experience of the venue / any other decent recommendations? Haven’t been clubbing in Manchester since early noughties spent primarily in Sankies so appreciate things have changed since then! Cheers

6 minutes ago, Swan Ronson said:

Hi All,

pretty new here but looking for recommendations. I’m in Manchester for DJ Shadow next month (28 Feb) and trying to figure the best club night to head to after. I hear good things about the White Hotel but haven’t been. Anyone have experience of the venue / any other decent recommendations? Haven’t been clubbing in Manchester since early noughties spent primarily in Sankies so appreciate things have changed since then! Cheers

White hotel is probably the best venue in the city at the moment. 

I know no one on the lineup for that night, so they're probably good. 

White Hotel is easily the best venue in Manchester and Ivan is good.

If for whatever reason you don’t fancy that then my friend is playing this night and I’ll probably be going myself. Techno/Electro/Breaks

https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1366646

Cotton has moved venues apparently so I don’t know what it will be like and I never got chance to go the old one.

I like a change in tempo with a change in venue yanno. But yeah suppose they’re quite far apart.

One thing I will say mate is think on about having a piss at the Albert Hall because you will miss a good 10 mins of the show down them stairs and back up again. It’s a lovely looking venue but it doesn’t really work very well. 

Always love this thread and probably should contribute more, seeing @Matt42 report from Fabric made me want to chip in :)

I was there too and thought Ricardo was on great form, that sound system really adds so much, the detail in the songs is like nothing else.

Couldn't agree more about the aura and sentimentality that you get out of him on top form, in those very early hours when the crowd has thinned there really is a great feeling of unspoken camaraderie in that room.

That track Matt shared featuring Tom's Diner was incredible. He also played some sort of remix of Metronomy - The Look, mixed into this: 

I know he plays it a lot, but he also played this at about 10am which I can never get enough of:

It wrapped up about 11:45, he ended on something that has all the hallmarks of an unreleased one by him, at least 15 mins long, a great spoken word/vocal snippet coming in and out stretched out over time, and some nice jangly thing repeating. Would love to know what it was but I fear it will be a mystery. Though tbh I think sometimes it is best when the tune you hear out and loved remains a mystery, and all you have is your distorted memory of how it sounded and felt at the time. 

@87 BEANS Hope you had a great night. It wasn't my favourite ricardo session at fabric, but that is like picking your least favourite christmas present... still getting a present. 

I think going hard at Robert Johnson and turning up late weakened his vibe a slight bit. He was still good but he seemed a bit tired at points. I would of loved to have stayed longer but my group were gradually winding down by that point. One friend said their back was aching so I thought it was time to go home. This was about 10am.

I have stayed at fabric muuuuch later during a ricardo set. I think I've made it to 12:30 once before. That... hurt... by the end. 

@Ddiamondd, @Tommy Dickfingers - cheers, appreciate the input. Probably leaning towards White Hotel (have wanted to get there since I heard about it a little while back but don’t get to Manchester too often), although could also be persuaded for something a little more lively post-Shadow (and Cotton has the benefit of being way more central)... will see what happens, good to have options!

4 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Eric Pyrdz headlining a dance festival in Ireland....

original.20200127-095816?w=1080&auto=forhttps%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F89542923%2F15507702321%2F1%2Foriginal.20200127-095816?w=1080&auto=format%2Ccompress&q=75&sharp=10&rect=0%2C1%2C2162%2C1081&s=634ae6645cfe8c84da22da6a3bed1318

He seems to be doing a few more festivals this year. I think the majority of them will probably be simple DJ sets and not the elaborate Holosphere or EPiC setups but I think it bodes well for Glastonbury. I could definitely see him playing on Pangea, if that were the case

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

He seems to be doing a few more festivals this year. I think the majority of them will probably be simple DJ sets and not the elaborate Holosphere or EPiC setups but I think it bodes well for Glastonbury. I could definitely see him playing on Pangea, if that were the case

He should headline John Peel it would be sick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Appears Creamfields have got him on a UK exclusive. 

BDE8F945-4F5F-4A13-93AF-E9BBA5F7A593.jpeg

1 minute ago, Adam75 said:

I won't be holding my breath on this one, but it would make me very happy!

Aye definitely one to file in the 'unlikely' but it's hard to know what the IICON budget is like with just 1 data point innit.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I choose to read that as the Holosphere show is the UK exclusive. I believe he's also playing Parklife but that'll be a DJ set.

It was enough for me to get a Creamfields day ticket though.

How expensive is he? If Parklife get him, surely the Farm can afford him...?

Ben