Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Couple things I think would be possible be on IICON and Genosys in the more prominent slots,  just trying to second guess what they might be trying to do/ the things id expect to see along the lines of/ what isn't at Awakenings/ what might be affordable/ I was bored

IICON - Skee Mask, Courtesy, Overmono, Giant Swan (live), Squarepusher (live)

Genosys - Afrodeutsche, rRoxymore, Matrixxman, Jensen Interceptor, Optimo? (why the fuck not, they've got to be booked again eventually) 

Feel free to slaughter, add or rule out 

• Upvote 1

You’re killing me.

Obviously there are lot of UK based DJs as usual. A couple of cool techno names.

They did try and get someone really big. They didn’t say no due to fee, but because it would of been logistically very difficult. I won’t say who that is because I think they have them in mind to book them again.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You’re killing me.

Obviously there are lot of UK based DJs as usual. A couple of cool techno names.

They did try and get someone really big. They didn’t say no due to fee, but because it would of been logistically very difficult. I won’t say who that is because I think they have them in mind to book them again.

So they did get a big name, or failed to get a big name? 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

You’re killing me.

Taking this very literally im looking forward to British Murder Boys and Broken English Club

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I thought it wasn’t coming back?

Officially it isn’t. It became too much of a commercial venture outside of Glastonbury, which made Glasto nervous about what could be viewed as a spin-off that they had no control over. What if there was some kind of accident at a festival the media could paint as a sister event, for example.

They still have a good relationship though so they’re coming back with a new, “separate” project.

Edited by Bradders

According to their twitter Beat Hotel will be in Marakech in March but the same 3 promoters are bringing a new idea to the same location at Glasto this year.

So, expect the same level of guests because they have a good rep and shit loads of connections.

6 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Officially it isn’t. It became too much of a commercial venture outside of Glastonbury, which made Glasto nervous about what could be viewed as a spin-off that they had no control over. What if there was some kind of accident at a festival the media could paint as a sister event, for example.

They still have a good relationship though so they’re coming back with a new, “separate” project.

Wonder if because it's a "new" area it'll get its own announcement...

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Wonder if because it's a "new" area it'll get its own announcement...

I guess it'll be the same as before and they'll announce their own line up after the official line up drop.