Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Aye definitely one to file in the 'unlikely' but it's hard to know what the IICON budget is like with just 1 data point innit.

Could be a bit bigger this year because they won't have such high build costs.  IICON is from Block9's budget so it's whatever they used to spend on London Underground + an increase of x

So, yeah we don't know what the budget is like :-)

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

How expensive is he? If Parklife get him, surely the Farm can afford him...?

Ben

I'm not sure. The Holosphere and EPiC rig will be outside GFL's budget (unless it's as a main stage headliner) but a DJ set is a DJ set, surely? Just bring some wellies and a 256GB memory stick! If he's in or near the UK in late June, he must be in contention.

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm not sure. The Holosphere and EPiC rig will be outside GFL's budget (unless it's as a main stage headliner) but a DJ set is a DJ set, surely? Just bring some wellies and a 256GB memory stick! If he's in or near the UK in late June, he must be in contention.

Well quite!

Ben

Just now, Matt42 said:

Right I know a lot of acts playing in bloc 9, IICON, Downlow and I’ve been told not to say anything. 

Sorry guys. 

But what I can say is it looks great. Couple of djs who’ve never played before. No one absolutely stonking huge though. 

Just say I'll be super pleased, Matt. That's all I need and all I want. I don't want to know who, yet.

Ben

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Right I know a lot of acts playing in bloc 9, IICON, Downlow and I’ve been told not to say anything. 

Sorry guys. 

But what I can say is it looks great. Couple of djs who’ve never played before. No one absolutely stonking huge though. 

You could always post some super cryptic clues...

WHP bookings are always pretty solid if not a bit samey. Ultimately they’re running a massive business as well as trying to cater to some sort of credible underground audience if they can. You’d have to say they’re successful in that. 

The people who do the bookings have good taste, a lot of them run their own nights as well in Manchester. 

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Sorry guys. 

Is DJ Harvey playing coz he like my post on the gram begging him to play so technically the cat is out the bag now.

6 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Anyone been to any of Andy Weatherall's Love from Outer Space nights before? Going to one in a couple of weeks.

Yip - loads of times but not for a couple of years. I’m going in Glasgow in February though.

They are great nights though. Top tunes and a great audience. Have fun.

btw - Sean Johnston - the other part of Alfos- is a very accomplished DJ too. 

I mentioned on this thread that I’d love to see it at Glastonbury 

13 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Sorry guys. 

Any crossover with Awakenings? Techno? ;)

On 1/28/2020 at 7:01 PM, Matt42 said:

Sorry guys. 

Sasha and Digweed....