Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

30 minute DJ set sounds very unfulfilling 

Without wanting to do too much completely theoretical bollocks maths....isn't a 30 min taste of a 5/5 must-see (Prospa)  PLUS all 2 hours of a 4/5 (Randomer) better than just 60 mins of the 5/5 later on plus 60 mins of a 3/5 (Mella Dee). If you did that as actual points/minute it's 630 vs 480.

I know that's not how it works but I need something to help me close this fucking Pandora's box that has just been opened.

7 hours ago, hmmmloddy said:

Without wanting to do too much completely theoretical bollocks maths....isn't a 30 min taste of a 5/5 must-see (Prospa)  PLUS all 2 hours of a 4/5 (Randomer) better than just 60 mins of the 5/5 later on plus 60 mins of a 3/5 (Mella Dee). If you did that as actual points/minute it's 630 vs 480.

I know that's not how it works but I need something to help me close this fucking Pandora's box that has just been opened.

RaveMaths™️

It’s a thing. 

Who knew?

?

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

9 hours ago, willsnewman said:

I'm so jealous of you all. Gave Glastonbury a break this year to do something different, but all this chat and excitement has got me longing for the fields of Somerset. I think I will have to be back there next year. IICON!?!?! Enjoy. Fortunately I have Terraforma to look forward to in a couple of weeks so things aren't all bad!

You IDIOT!

Lovely to hear from you @willsnewman

You'll be missed, but Terraforma looks excellent. I bloody LOVE Caterina Barbieri...

Ben

9 hours ago, hmmmloddy said:

Yeah you do you, but 30 mins from start to finish is kind of weird imo, not really enough time to... do much, if you get me? 

23 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Just imagine 

7 minutes ago, Homer said:

Got a real lack of Block 9 and techno in my plans. Anyone recommend anything that combines the two?

Planning to be in the SEC on Thurs, Fri and Sun nights.

Ta!

Pay attention ? ... Karenn, Sunday Iicon - see you there.

13 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

He just posted it on insta 

I watched the once acclaimed Jackmaster there in 2017 and there was so much room. That was the Friday tbf 

That's the only time I've been there too. He played a brilliant set and opened with Four Tet - Question. Think Peggy Gou and Richy Ahmed were on before and after him so it was a pretty decent lineup. I had to calm down after being so overwhelmed after an amazing Radiohead set and that was somehow the perfect place at the time, however not somewhere I'd normally think to go. Jon Hopkins there would be ace.

12 hours ago, willsnewman said:

I'm so jealous of you all. Gave Glastonbury a break this year to do something different, but all this chat and excitement has got me longing for the fields of Somerset. I think I will have to be back there next year. IICON!?!?! Enjoy. Fortunately I have Terraforma to look forward to in a couple of weeks so things aren't all bad!

Terraforma looks great - really wanted to go this year - enjoy

51 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Pay attention ? ... Karenn, Sunday Iicon - see you there.

Brilliant - just had a listen and slotted it in. Only thing i have there is the gas tower tba, which I’m sure will come to nothing!

anyone know what the AV show is al about?

Edited by Homer

There's a couple of young/upcoming lads on at Flying Bus, Thursday night.
Olli Ryder & Luke Welsh 01.00-02.00 , playing  before Richy Ahmed,

If you're in the area then they're worth a look. Their tune 'Pink member' was played by Marco Carola all summer last year at Music on.

Edited by CH0161

On 5/16/2019 at 5:46 AM, herzzreh said:

Techno... Who are you looking forward to? Haven't gone through everything so far but anyone seen any industrial techno?

almost time dudes and dudettes!

been going through the thread trying to plan my weekend - anyone have any thoughts on this?

ta ❤️

So...I arrive Friday at 8pm...my job required is which is a shame but I'm used to it now... every year I have to spend ages sorting you know what. Any tips for decent areas...I know the obvious places but still quite likely I end up buying rubbish which I often do being in a rush to get going etc! 

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

So...I arrive Friday at 8pm...my job required is which is a shame but I'm used to it now... every year I have to spend ages sorting you know what. Any tips for decent areas...I know the obvious places but still quite likely I end up buying rubbish which I often do being in a rush to get going etc! 

Just ask people in the dance music venues. If they don’t have any they might know someone who does. 

Always gonna be a risk buying off people on site, but yeah... looking out for people in a particular state themselves is probably your best bet. May be willing to sell you some themselves, or send you in the direction of somebody they know who has some to sell. I'd personally say avoid the likes of Stone Circle as my impression of it is that it's rampant with dodgy people trying to shift their shite stuff to people who know no better.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

To be honest you’ll be fine buying pills or MD. K is usually sound if it’s shards. If it’s coke it’s just gonna be shite isn’t it. Acid/mushrooms either gonna be good or fake. 2CB probably too niche to be bad or fake. 

After having gone to Primavera twice and both times ending up with pretty dodgy gear due to buying on site I'm always incredibly sceptical and grateful that it's not something I have to do at Glastonbury. Even as a seasoned user it's pretty easy to get fucked over, especially when you're desperate to get your hands on something. Guess it's just the risk you run if you don't sort out your own stuff pre-festival from somebody you trust or other means. 

14 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Imagine the boldness of turning up to the first full night of Glasto with the ambition to score 2CB off a passing dealer. Only the strong survive.

If anyone is successful doing this I'd like to buy them a pint 

On 6/12/2019 at 3:37 PM, TheBurns said:

I intend on going to Morillo after CdW. I'm fairly sure I'll be the only one of my group around so I should have no problem getting there since most people will be heading the other way. I'm guessing getting out of the crowd at arcadia will be the biggest problem.

Will the one way system not be on then? could you walk straight down to NYC from arcadia?? will NYC not be rammed??

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Always gonna be a risk buying off people on site, but yeah... looking out for people in a particular state themselves is probably your best bet. May be willing to sell you some themselves, or send you in the direction of somebody they know who has some to sell. I'd personally say avoid the likes of Stone Circle as my impression of it is that it's rampant with dodgy people trying to shift their shite stuff to people who know no better.

Hate doing it but needs must. Worked out grand for me at the stone circle in 2016 so thats my plan. Just went without in 2017 and it was still great but not AS great. How hard can it be to find 1 measly gram of MD??

7 hours ago, TiZuff said:

Will the one way system not be on then? could you walk straight down to NYC from arcadia?? will NYC not be rammed??

Getting there will be fine, its getting in that could be the issue but this will probably be 3:40+ so I'm hoping I'll be alright. I do understand this is me missing half of Morillo though but CdW is the priority here.

15 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

To be honest you’ll be fine buying pills or MD. K is usually sound if it’s shards. If it’s coke it’s just gonna be shite isn’t it. Acid/mushrooms either gonna be good or fake. 2CB probably too niche to be bad or fake. 

Sadly there's apparently a bit of a 2-CB drought at the moment, so not unlikely you'd end up with some other chemical even if not buying at the festival.