Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

10 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Just in case people are setting off early (have you left yet, @Mezhyp1...you've got a farking long way to go...), and lest I forget, AND not to steal thunder from CrazyFool's general group forum hug in another thread...

Thanks for all your love and enthusiasm in this thread over the past two years, especially. I hope everyone would agree that, whilst it's never been cliquey, it has expanded hugely lately in terms of people wanting to come in and contribute. For me, it's become an incredibly welcoming and unassuming place, and the responses from many to countless requests for recs, guidance etc has been a wonderfully microcosmic representation of what the Glastonbury spirit means to me.

I am just about ready to burst.

Please, please, please, if you're at a set and would like to come and say hello and dance, but feel awkward, then don't. I'm a massively excitable and enthusiastic person (no...?!), but am also slightly awkward when first meeting new people. After five minutes, when I've hopefully convinced myself that they don't think I'm a tit, I'll relax and become my usual self! I would love to meet as many people from the thread as possible. I would love to share sets and experiences with you at Glastonbury. So, if you see me and fancy it, please come over.

By the same token, you might want nothing less, and I'll take no offence whatsoever from people steering well clear.

Essentially, have the fucking best Glastonbury E/D threaders.

I'll be dead centre, 10-15 metres from the booth ;)

Ben
x

SHOW US THE BENFINDER

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

Oh Man!

It's 8 pages! Each day is an A4 sheet with 1100-2400 on one side and 0000-0600h on the other! 

I printed them at work this morning. And they're in MS Word!

Suffice to say, gaps are not there in any great number...

:)

Ben

Day/Night splits. Iconic.

16 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Just in case people are setting off early (have you left yet, @Mezhyp1...you've got a farking long way to go...), and lest I forget, AND not to steal thunder from CrazyFool's general group forum hug in another thread...

Thanks for all your love and enthusiasm in this thread over the past two years, especially. I hope everyone would agree that, whilst it's never been cliquey, it has expanded hugely lately in terms of people wanting to come in and contribute. For me, it's become an incredibly welcoming and unassuming place, and the responses from many to countless requests for recs, guidance etc has been a wonderfully microcosmic representation of what the Glastonbury spirit means to me.

I am just about ready to burst.

Please, please, please, if you're at a set and would like to come and say hello and dance, but feel awkward, then don't. I'm a massively excitable and enthusiastic person (no...?!), but am also slightly awkward when first meeting new people. After five minutes, when I've hopefully convinced myself that they don't think I'm a tit, I'll relax and become my usual self! I would love to meet as many people from the thread as possible. I would love to share sets and experiences with you at Glastonbury. So, if you see me and fancy it, please come over.

By the same token, you might want nothing less, and I'll take no offence whatsoever from people steering well clear.

Essentially, have the fucking best Glastonbury E/D threaders.

I'll be dead centre, 10-15 metres from the booth ;)

Ben
x

Let’s do this ?

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oh Man!

It's 8 pages! Each day is an A4 sheet with 1100-2400 on one side and 0000-0600h on the other! 

I printed them at work this morning. And they're in MS Word!

Suffice to say, gaps are not there in any great number...

:)

Ben

but, but .... how can stalkers find you if we they don't know where you are? ...... also ...... t-shirts?

@bennyhana22 very early tomorrow morning for me, journey thankfully broken up a touch by having a Manchester coach package.

I don't even need to tell you to have a festival, as we all know you're going to have the time of your life. I know where to look out for you, I'll be sure to say hello if I see what I think is you! 

@bennyhana22, et al, safe journey to the farm. As other's have said, I've really appreciated the knowledge and welcoming spirit of this thread and I've only been 'here' a couple of weeks!

If you see me bumbling around, (my efests pic really is me, but I doubt i'll be in that cap, maybe a plain 'lucky seven' logo one) - do say hi. 

Have a great time everyone.

21 minutes ago, Fishman said:

but, but .... how can stalkers find you if we they don't know where you are? ...... also ...... t-shirts?

Final five made the teamsheet yesterday.

Nice combo of I'm a muso snob obscure record labels, a Japanese post-rock band and AWVFTS.

Some very sad t-shirts currently sobbing in the drawer after just missing the cut.

Brutal.

Ben

3 hours ago, Bin Fish said:

Thank you so much @bennyhana22, @Ddiamondd, @FuzzyDunlop, @FloorFillerAnd EVERYONE else for giving me so much to see this year. It really is a wonderful sharing community and I’m excited to get out in front of those stages and dance amongst you all. 

Keep an eye out for me and @theevilfridge - we’ll be at Randomer in matching t-shirts on Thursday, Pangea in dresses on Friday, and wherever the night takes us beyond. My nighttime Clashfinder is now dwarfing my daytimes, but I’m Block 9 will be my home more often than not. 

Safe travels to the farm everyone!

Glad we could all be of service. Have a great festival

On 6/20/2019 at 10:44 PM, Mezhyp1 said:

I thought you had been quiet, hope all is well mate!

All is superb! Hope all is well with you too (how could it not be, this week of all weeks).

On 6/21/2019 at 7:14 AM, bennyhana22 said:

You IDIOT!

Lovely to hear from you @willsnewman

You'll be missed, but Terraforma looks excellent. I bloody LOVE Caterina Barbieri...

Ben

Ha, thanks Ben. ISN'T SHE WONDERFUL. I had a dream a couple of weeks ago in which she was a queen and her entire family was at her beck and call. The whole line up is a dream (and NO CLASHES. Don't know how I feel about going to a festival where I don't have to create a timetable...)

Of course I can't possibly go to a festival without it being some kind of epic pilgrimage so I am getting the train from Glasgow to Milan. Should be pretty sweet.

Hope you all have a fabulous time. Will be thinking of all the E/D crew stomping the night away.

Going to start rounding up the gang for October ticket purchases...

3 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

All is superb! Hope all is well with you too (how could it not be, this week of all weeks).

Ha, thanks Ben. ISN'T SHE WONDERFUL. I had a dream a couple of weeks ago in which she was a queen and her entire family was at her beck and call. The whole line up is a dream (and NO CLASHES. Don't know how I feel about going to a festival where I don't have to create a timetable...)

Of course I can't possibly go to a festival without it being some kind of epic pilgrimage so I am getting the train from Glasgow to Milan. Should be pretty sweet.

Hope you all have a fabulous time. Will be thinking of all the E/D crew stomping the night away.

Going to start rounding up the gang for October ticket purchases...

We’ll have a rave for you, matey. Have a wonderful time and we’ll see you in 2020 

Ben x