Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 6/12/2019 at 4:51 PM, clitbang said:

Best bet would be to get in for Gideon an enjoy a solid few hours of beautiful music.  

Gideon and Tony humphries were great last night. NYC Downlow is some spot, was nice toactually get a proper club feel. Haai sounded great at genosys too. Caught the end of Avalon emerson then job jobse was brilliant on Thursday. 

Chaos in the CBD started great on Friday then descended into a complete joke. Alice dj was played. Dunt think I need to say much more than that, ruined the night really. 

Still haven't managed to get into maceos for a proper after party. 

I don't think I've bumped into anyone from here yet

Damn it. Another year of not getting into Downlow. Seriously don't understand how it works. Every time I've checked it out they are either no longer letting people on or the queue is 2 hours long. 

Do I need to literally get there for 22:00 when it opens for any chance of getting in? 

?

Have had some other incredible moments though in light of the fact I ended up doing other stuff. Will write my dance nights summary/review, later once I'm home and had time to try and remember it all haha.

11 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Now I'm home, washed and full of beef curry 

If anyone would like to talk about HAAi on Sat, I'll be over here. That set was extremely important 

Caught 45 minutes as my girlfriend was recovering from heat stroke. Her (completely sober) and me (completely battered) thought it was great.

8 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Karenn krushed it.

Me and my mate (he was mega excited) felt it was missing something for us. Was really enjoying it for first hour but after that I wanted a bit more variation, I got a bit bored but that could well have been down to the gear/state of my legs/burnout. I thought it decent but didn’t blow me away.

Saturday night run of Chem Bros/Larry Heard and Hessle Audio was my highlight of the weekend. 

Caught about an hour of Batu (hay fever!) which was class so deffo checking him out at Dekmantel now thanks for recommending.

Friday I seen a Prosumer was waiting a good while for my mates to get in though and I think some of Midland after (was wrecked at this point) then went over to Zenker Bros which I also really enjoyed. 

Downlow probably the best club in the U.K, IICON blew my mind and I can’t wait to see if they tour it elsewhere. Me and my mates need to be a lot better organised in future missed loads and loads but had a sick time. 

18 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Me and my mate (he was mega excited) felt it was missing something for us. Was really enjoying it for first hour but after that I wanted a bit more variation, I got a bit bored but that could well have been down to the gear/state of my legs/burnout. I thought it decent but didn’t blow me away. 

Karenn is pretty much just straight up heavy techno so it’s not surprising to hear that

I honestly think HAAi at Genosys was the best dj set I've ever seen at Glastonbury. It was tune after tune. When she played that unreleased Mall Grab tune Sharp Like A Razor I properly nearly lost my mind. 

IICON has so so much potential, but I feel for a set to properly go off there it'd need to be really busy. The visuals were amazing, I thought the sound was really good too. They've got to to all out for like a Helena Hauff or Villalobos for that stage a fill it up, that'd be history making stuff. 

Special shout to Craig Richards and Ben UFO on Friday, WOW is a bit shite, but that's 2 serious masters of their craft. 

Edited by Mezhyp1

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Karenn is pretty much just straight up heavy techno so it’s not surprising to hear that

Aye you’re probably right mate. I’m into techno but it isn’t a way of life for me. Need some variation after about 1-2 hours of militant techno. I’ve got friends who could dance to that for 6/8/10 hours having the time of their lives.

I thought Hessle Audio on IICON an Anthony Parasole on Genosys were my electronic highlights this weekend, and Karenn was the perfect way for me to finish the weekend, we did try to go to Temple after Karenn but there was a 2 hour queue so we sacked it off and just went to bed, managed to get far too wrecked on Friday so only caught a bit of Carl Cox and had to take myself off to bed, Thursday was also a write off having taken some acid, so had to sit out most of the stuff I really wanted to see as it was all a bit wobbly.

4 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I honestly think HAAi at Genosys was the best dj set I've ever seen at Glastonbury. It was tune after tune. When she played that unreleased Mall Grab tune Sharp Like A Razor I properly nearly lost my mind. 

It’s Clouds track and very much released for good couple of months now mate :)

And yes, totally agree, I lost my mind that night at Genosys, was in very good place on Saturday anyway (mandy/mates ratio), and this set topped it up nicely! I’ve seen her probably  about 5 times now and she never played a blinder like this before!

Edited by Jay89

Also, I’m a bit disappointed by Avalon Emerson, I think I hyped myself too much for it and was set to fail to be fair. Thursday was in general weird one for me, the frustration of not being able to get anywhere was getting to me, her set was actually my first planned thing, gutted.

I had the best time of the entire festival  at Monika Kruse when she closed the temple on saturday. Thought she played the perfect set at the perfect time just absolutely bang on and with Patrick Topping on before her that was a special few hours.

20190630_053639.jpg

5 hours ago, Jay89 said:

It’s Clouds track and very much released for good couple of months now mate :)

And yes, totally agree, I lost my mind that night at Genosys, was in very good place on Saturday anyway (mandy/mates ratio), and this set topped it up nicely! I’ve seen her probably  about 5 times now and she never played a blinder like this before!

I'm getting mixed up with that tune Helena Hauff was throwing about at Krankbrother. Cheers! 

Tremendous, what a moment that was. When she played that remix of Ecstacy, Dj Wout one I think it is, that was a very good time. 

Charlotte De Witte on Friday.... after a dodgy first tune, she smashed it.

Looked so happy at the end too.  She played an old classic trance tune that I cant remember the name of, I shoukd know it. Lots of angelic voices, then a big drop. Anyone there to put me out of my misery as I try to remember it?

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Charlotte De Witte on Friday.... after a dodgy first tune, she smashed it.

Looked so happy at the end too.  She played an old classic trance tune that I cant remember the name of, I shoukd know it. Lots of angelic voices, then a big drop. Anyone there to put me out of my misery as I try to remember it?

I was there too and the only tune that comes to my mind is Chicane - Saltwater, cause I’ve had it in my head all weekend, unless I’ve heard it in some ice cream van ?

Got into NYC Downlow on Wednesday. I brought 2 first timers with me and they literally couldn’t believe what they were seeing / hearing ?

Standout sets for me were plentiful. I had an awesome night at the glade on Thursday. George Fitzgerald > Nick Warren b2b with Hernan Canttaneo (my find of the festival) then a stomper of a prog house set from Digweed. He posted a video on facebook and I’m clearly visible at the barrier which gave me a right dose of the fear yesterday. Jon Hopkins on Friday was great as always. Felix Dickinson on genosys on Sunday was absolutely banging. It’s a tossup between that and The Glade for my favorite stage at the fest. Caught bits of Carl Cox / Jamie Jones and Charlotte de witte on Pangea but I was wrecked that night and ended up sacking it off and going to bed. I hope ye all had a great one, I certainly did!

Edited by Madyaker