Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

31 minutes ago, Homer said:

Eat static - live in the glade on Sunday night 

may well go along for this twas quite good when they played after/ with system7 (or was it mirror system it was steve hillage anyway) 

Giant Swan looks pretty interesting too 

currently peak sillyness is looking to be tanukichi in salon carousel sat night at 5-6 am may be a bit much for some tho

3 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Also, for everyone excited for Karenn, it's worth sticking about for Freakenstein if you have the stamina.

That is Tristan da Cunha's rarely-seen alias – hearing it's gonna be the nastier, sparkier, wigglier bits of ghettotech, electro, Warp-y pop, robo-funk... a sunrise freak zone (as the name implies).

I could defo stick around for a bit of that before heading over to altern8 and slipmatt!

22 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Huh? I left Radiohead during the encore and swear I walked straight into NYC Downlow :S

Oh Really?? I arrived about half 11 from major lazer and the queue was already built up passed the gate queue system they have to enter..

Did you already have a moustache handy or something maybe..

21 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

The queues for Downlow are a right mare tbh, not sure how the late night entry will work this year, as you used to come into Glasto Latino (since moved) and that was always empty, so that field was good for getting a lot of people through and into the corner quickly. If they use the same entrance point it will open straight into IICON so think it will probably get a rethink.

Oh yeah course, yeah will be interesting to see how it goes. Unfortunately wasn't lucky with getting ticket for this year. will be interesting to ready how it all plays out with these changes.

1 minute ago, Walker2295 said:

Oh Really?? I arrived about half 11 from major lazer and the queue was already built up passed the gate queue system they have to enter..

Did you already have a moustache handy or something maybe..

You know what, that may well have been it! 

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

You know what, that may well have been it! 

Yeah cause when we got to the front of the queue I saw there was another one near to the door with people just walking right in.

Sure I read there is a new moustache system so will be interested to hear what that's all about

6 minutes ago, Walker2295 said:

Sure I read there is a new moustache system so will be interested to hear what that's all about

I remember reading that as well. Would be great to get some inside info on that. Hoping to catch Erik Morillo in there.

For anyone so inclined the Fat boy slim set from IOW festival last weekend is now on youtube:

Yes, I do remember some of the 'whooping'. But I promise I didn't partake and I categorically did not have a flag. (I did have a very small rucksack...)

Just now, Tom White said:

For anyone so inclined the Fat boy slim set from IOW festival last weekend is now on youtube:

Yes, I do remember some of the 'whooping'. But I promise I didn't partake and I categorically did not have a flag. (I did have a very small rucksack...)

If anyone whoops at Karenn, I may not be responsible for my actions...

Hope you had a good time at IOW, @Tom White!

Ben

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, p45 said:

hellos there dance threaders can anyone recomend some hard stuff 

this year it looks like theres a good bit more hardtek / ragatek with edcox/ecoli, mandidextrous, Mattscratch ,lady lox, t-mennace and tanukichi  all at salon carousel and of course theres liquidross etc on the psytrance front  but can anyone recomend some more hard 4/4 beats 

thanks in advance see yall on the dancefloors (by the stack at the left )

Can't see much more than that but would love a bit more tek / core! Hopefully being played out of some local SW rigs. Always plan to get to the unfairground fro around 3/4am but am usually miles away or preoccupied..

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Giant Swan on Glade, 2125-2225h Sunday.

You'd have to forego a headliner, but I can guarantee you it will be hard...

Ben

But surely Giant Swan are the headliner then? ?

I’m still undecided myself, but giving them very serious consideration. I know there’s a bit of a gulf between them and Jon Hopkins, but I had the time of my life in 2017 dancing away at the Spider with some of the E/D crew, and none of the Sunday main stage headliners are really doing it for me this year. 

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Involuntary ones resulting from you being fucked are, of course, entirely acceptable.

Ben

Good and thanks for clarification. If the Glastonbury 2019 Practice Run (IOW last weekend) showed anything it was that my planned approach to my 'meds' _could_ under certain conditions result in a stray whoop....

7 minutes ago, Glasto19 said:

Am I right in thinking George FitzGerald's set on Thursday will be live rather than a DJ set?

I was 100% on being at this (I assume it's live) but then my brother thrown Franky T at Strummerville out there again so now I don't know. Definitely heading SEC after though. 

2 hours ago, p45 said:

may well go along for this twas quite good when they played after/ with system7 (or was it mirror system it was steve hillage anyway) 

Giant Swan looks pretty interesting too 

currently peak sillyness is looking to be tanukichi in salon carousel sat night at 5-6 am may be a bit much for some tho

I was there too for Eat/Static System 7 on the Spirit of 71 stage. About 10 of us walked past on the way to the Park and popped in for 10 mins - we ended up staying for the full 3 hours!

9 minutes ago, Cuboid said:

Guys sorry if this has been answered but is Bicep doing a live set at Gas tower or DJ do we think?

We’re pretty sure it’s DJ. They’ve been very consistent in indicating when sets are specifically live. No reason to expect the Bicep boys to be anything other than mixing. 

Ben

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

I really want to be at that Bicep set, but just not sure I'll get there after The Chems (without leaving early which I won't be doing). 

Im gonna do it. It's definitely doable. I'll likely be solo and ill have wormed my way out of that crowd and be hot footing to the south east corner in no time. I did it in 2016 in that fucking mud after LCD soundsystem and i beat the queues, I was wired to the moon and ran like Usain Bolt

Edited by Madyaker