Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

People are always like go with the flow at Glastonbury but this is my first year and all i can think about is how i'm going to cram in all of these amazing DJs. How much do regulars on this thread plan it - i'm guessing a lot more than most people who just go from stage to stage around the SE corner right?

I'm considering going to Wide Awake in May to tick bicep, caribou and overmono off the list before glastonbury - with caribou and bicep likely on at headline time I think I will really struggle to see them.

36 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Also caught Overmono who are destined for big things. Played mostly their tracks or remixes. Had a mini moment with my mate after they closed with their for those I love remix. Emotional stuff. 

2021 will always be my 'For Those I Love Year', saw Overmono end on that remix twice then capped the year off by actually seeing For Those I Love.

31 minutes ago, Green Croc said:

Was that 2017? I was there that year, I think I was at Midland instead of Moderat which I slightly regret

It was, yeah! Moderat were great, I saw them do identical sets at Glastonbury and Field Day that year but their Lost Village set was completely different, real one for the heads. 

4 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

It was, yeah! Moderat were great, I saw them do identical sets at Glastonbury and Field Day that year but their Lost Village set was completely different, real one for the heads. 

Yeah I've only heard good things about that set. Dixon was the one for me that year, completely blew me away

3 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Additional acts for Lost Village 

E66ECBC6-8BA2-4956-95B2-4D6B6C300784.jpeg

8BF8B86F-7671-402E-A019-B975A13DCBE2.jpeg

Nice to see Avery getting a solo set this year. Hopefully they give him either the Airbase or Junkyard on one of the main nights because that Thursday HAAi b2b set at zoo last year was uncomfortably full.

in fact I hope the zoo has a bit of a rework or a change of programming because they were putting on acts that were too big for the space. Octo Octa and Eris Drew had the same issue on the Friday where you simply couldn’t move.

53 minutes ago, gfa said:

People are always like go with the flow at Glastonbury but this is my first year and all i can think about is how i'm going to cram in all of these amazing DJs. How much do regulars on this thread plan it - i'm guessing a lot more than most people who just go from stage to stage around the SE corner right?

I'm considering going to Wide Awake in May to tick bicep, caribou and overmono off the list before glastonbury - with caribou and bicep likely on at headline time I think I will really struggle to see them.

My advice would be to plan seeing someone you want to see in each stage or area, so you get to experience as many as possible.  Allow time to bimble. 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If you love the jungle/breaks/rave stuff, you also might wanna check out Tim Reaper who just *might* be at the festival this year and Denham Audio, who sadly won't.

I've a feeling Tim will be there. Would be great to see Coco Bryce too if he can get over.

On 4/2/2022 at 11:51 PM, bennyhana22 said:

The visuals were incredible and by some margin the best I've ever seen at a gig. He played with a huge screen behind him and his deck was itself behind a massive thin mesh curtain with a similar one either side of that. So, we had visuals behind him and projected up onto the curtain so that for much of the show you could barely see him behind, such was the size and scale of the projections. It was stunning.

Discovered Max at the Gas Tower by luck, my appreciation of audio-visuals has only grown since. 

Defo think I would have had to drag my partner to Lost Village if Glasto tickets hadn't worked out.

Hoping the CBD boys can make it again, 3am at Stonebridge was unforgettable. 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If you love the jungle/breaks/rave stuff, you also might wanna check out Tim Reaper who just *might* be at the festival this year and Denham Audio, who sadly won't.

I seen Sherelle and Tim Reaper at White Hotel a few months back. Tim Reaper was incredible. Hoping to see him a few times at the G.

Anyone seen trailer for this new documentary on the KLF? Looks class.

https://youtu.be/tHiauQbOsl4

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I seen Sherelle and Tim Reaper at White Hotel a few months back. Tim Reaper was incredible. Hoping to see him a few times at the G.

Anyone seen trailer for this new documentary on the KLF? Looks class.

https://youtu.be/tHiauQbOsl4

Yeah, looking forward to that documentary. Initially I think Bill & Jimmy were indifferent to it, then once lawyers got involved about copyright issues for footage, they became more interested. Jimmy advertised it on his Towerblock Instagram page. Speaking of which, hoping to see that Estate installation in the SE Corner this year - his Aftermath Dislocation Principle shipping container (or one section of it anyway) was there in 2016!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, AshwaGandhi said:

Any fans of Barker here? Something truly special about his music. Probably very little chance of him playing though.

Yup, he's great. Nope, I think it's pretty unlikely he'll play the Farm. More likely doing two sets at Berghain that weekend, or something like that!

Ben

• Like 1

There's another one by Irish director Paul Duane, which is more focused upon their latest Mummufication project and follows them in the build up to the initial 2023/400 event in Liverpool in 2017. They give him absolute death throughout and want him to delete it 😂 

Jimmy: "Well, I don't hate it."

Link to the actual stream on the video btw

Edited by rubick
Bricks!