Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 6/8/2019 at 6:25 PM, ian the worm said:

The main Rabbit Hole stage opens every lunchtime from Wednesday, with DJs and it’s bar. 

The tunnel system (and therefore Funkingham Palace) opens every evening from Thursday. 

Cheers Ian. 

Does the tunnel system contain  other things? How does it work? 7th time this year but never even been the rabbit hole. 

6 minutes ago, clitbang said:

Cheers Ian. 

Does the tunnel system contain  other things? How does it work? 7th time this year but never even been the rabbit hole. 

It’s more than a curious adventure I’d say, featuring keys, carrots, mirrors, tea and rather an angry Queen. ♥️♠️♦️♣️

31 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yes! Direct after Call Super, Pearson Sound and Danielle so they'd all have heated it up nicely.

Could see myself there instead of SEC – but then, the risk is missing Karenn...

Karenn are good. I'm always going to choose D&B over Techno these days though. Storm is about the only person on who could actually be harder than Karenn too haha

19 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Annie Mac on Arcadia? Doesn’t sit well with me ?

sounds like a cop out to me.

they say they have to get more female DJ's and I get that, but if it is Annie Mac shows they have not put much thought in to it. There are better woman out there

I went Parklife this weekend (I got a free ticket) weather was horrendous, I’ve never felt so old but I had a great time.

Paul Woolford was very good, shame he had a pop at Glastonbury on Twitter and he’ll probably never play now.

Moodmann is a true one off. He started off by giving it up for Crazy P y’all then proceeded to point at Midland (poor Midland!) then to add insult to injury he played a loop of Pick Up by Koze for literally 20-25 mins as he poured everyone on the front row a drink and then another drink. Dunno if Midland got a drink too but if I was him I’d wonder what I ever did to Kenny Dixon Jr. 

At some point a chant of “wooop there it is” broke out amongst the crowd (this was a theme of the weekend, madness) and he jumps on the mic “yeahhhh wooop Derrr is y’all”. What a man.

Ben UFO b2b Call Super was seriously good, they ended on that Vortex by Special Request who was watching the set behind them. Was a nice moment and an absolute tune. More chants of wooop there it is.

Nas was sick greatest hits set I’d never seen him before either so was a real moment for me. If I Ruled the World got me very excited for Ms Hill.

Went to Soup Kitchen for after party Willow was on she was good would love to see her at Glastonbury one day. 

Sunday was a total washout so was unbearably full in the tent for Daniel Avery and sound was shite how far away we were so we sacked it off.

Managed to get back in for half an hour of Helena Hauff who was banging and it took the absolute man of me to leave.

The Streets were absolutely brilliant, the last time I saw them was at Leeds Festival years ago and in truth they were shite that day. The break has obviously done him some good because he put in the best performance I saw all weekend. Must see at Glastonbury after that. Set list was bang on and he even managed to get the sun out. If you were on the fence about what to do Sunday night I’d recommend them.

• Upvote 2

Wow, Friday at Junction 2.

Started off a bit shaky, sound wise. Ended up even buying a pair of ear plugs because thought the sound was going to be too harsh but after a few hours it seems that the mixing guys settled in and fixed whatever was going on as it was less of an issue for the later half of the day. No regrets, would rather protect them ears. Though my bad for forgetting my own ear plugs. Once they fixed the sound, it was VERY good.

Security was VERY prevalent. Saw lots walking around the fest. 

The token system was not too well ironed out honestly. Customers were confused, bar staff  were just as confused. Ontop of that, the cups were each worth a token, so essentially one could collect enough cups for a drink, but the bar staff were confused as in to wether or not they could accept empty cups as payment, as you'd have to go redeem these cups to collect tokens and then get a drink. I get why it exists, but the amount of staff that was hired for tokens only felt a bit wasteful. I do feel like they could have considered going for a cashless wristband type idea.

The weather was probably a key factor in my overall enjoyment of the day. Started out pretty miserable, with a fair stream of rain throughout the entire of Fort Romeau's set. But cleared up throughout Mr G's set and stayed clear for the rest of the day.

Because of the weather, I am pretty certain a fair amount of people didn't turn up, which made the festival very undercrowded.

Which. Was. Amazing. 

Queues were short, nothing was rammed. Easy to get anywhere. Absolutely amazing time. 

Honestly think that if a full sold out event with everyone showing up had taken place, might not have enjoyed it almost as much. 

Standout performances for me were Daphni & Hunee. Bicep also very good, but left after 45 mins to watch Hunee. Never seen him before and he was so much fun. 

Would consider going again next year on the tech-house day, if they keep that. But think we were just lucky this year to have such a chill time. 

Here's Hunee's closer, have had it on repeat since. Got the whole tent bouncing.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I went Parklife this weekend (I got a free ticket) weather was horrendous, I’ve never felt so old but I had a great time.

Paul Woolford was very good, shame he had a pop at Glastonbury on Twitter and he’ll probably never play now.

Moodmann is a true one off. He started off by giving it up for Crazy P y’all then proceeded to point at Midland (poor Midland!) then to add insult to injury he played a loop of Pick Up by Koze for literally 20-25 mins as he poured everyone on the front row a drink and then another drink. Dunno if Midland got a drink too but if I was him I’d wonder what I ever did to Kenny Dixon Jr. 

At some point a chant of “wooop there it is” broke out amongst the crowd (this was a theme of the weekend, madness) and he jumps on the mic “yeahhhh wooop Derrr is y’all”. What a man.

Ben UFO b2b Call Super was seriously good, they ended on that Vortex by Special Request who was watching the set behind them. Was a nice moment and an absolute tune. More chants of wooop there it is.

Nas was sick greatest hits set I’d never seen him before either so was a real moment for me. If I Ruled the World got me very excited for Ms Hill.

Went to Soup Kitchen for after party Willow was on she was good would love to see her at Glastonbury one day. 

Sunday was a total washout so was unbearably full in the tent for Daniel Avery and sound was shite how far away we were so we sacked it off.

Managed to get back in for half an hour of Helena Hauff who was banging and it took the absolute man of me to leave.

The Streets were absolutely brilliant, the last time I saw them was at Leeds Festival years ago and in truth they were shite that day. The break has obviously done him some good because he put in the best performance I saw all weekend. Must see at Glastonbury after that. Set list was bang on and he even managed to get the sun out. If you were on the fence about what to do Sunday night I’d recommend them.

So glad you had a good time, Tommy, though I cannot even begin to describe how much I fucking hate hearing ‘woooop, there is it’ (or any other chant for that matter) on a dance floor. Come at me as a dance music snob if you like, and I’ll take it on the chin, but fuck me there are few things that kill a dancefloor vibe for me more effectively than that!

Ben

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

4 people in work went to Parklife. All 4 bought a weekend ticket and didn't go back on Sunday because of the weather.

Basically went back for The Streets. Got today off anyway so thought might as well. Zero chance I would ever pay to go there, would take a great headliner booking to make me consider even going again for free. 

32 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

So glad you had a good time, Tommy, though I cannot even begin to describe how much I fucking hate hearing ‘woooop, there is it’ (or any other chant for that matter) on a dance floor. Come at me as a dance music snob if you like, and I’ll take it on the chin, but fuck me there are few things that kill a dancefloor vibe for me more effectively than that!

Ben

Bizarre, especially during Ben UFO and Call Super. Crowds really do make the dance. My mate from Ireland in fact most people I know from Ireland like giving it a yeeeeoooo but that just makes me laugh. 

I think there is a decent percentage at Parklife wgo go just to get smashed. Have no clue who they are watching & are not bothered. 

The thing is, most of us were a bit like that at one point. I know when I first started going out, I was just in clubs to get fucked & have a laugh. Pretty soon I bought some 1210s & it became a bit more serious. In some ways, there was a lot more freedom with it. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Basically went back for The Streets. Got today off anyway so thought might as well. Zero chance I would ever pay to go there, would take a great headliner booking to make me consider even going again for free. 

Bizarre, especially during Ben UFO and Call Super. Crowds really do make the dance. My mate from Ireland in fact most people I know from Ireland like giving it a yeeeeoooo but that just makes me laugh. 

There will be much Yeeeeeeeeeeoow-ing done in a couple of weeks time! 

Am I right @rubick?

Have been wondering about my Sunday headliner plans, I'll be in jpt for friendly fires so maybe stay on for streets then

30 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I think there is a decent percentage at Parklife wgo go just to get smashed. Have no clue who they are watching & are not bothered. 

The thing is, most of us were a bit like that at one point. I know when I first started going out, I was just in clubs to get fucked & have a laugh. Pretty soon I bought some 1210s & it became a bit more serious. In some ways, there was a lot more freedom with it. 

This is exactly what me and my mate said to each other. Probably aren’t much worse than we were at that age. 

3 minutes ago, GWR said:

There will be much Yeeeeeeeeeeoow-ing done in a couple of weeks time! 

Am I right @rubick?

Have been wondering about my Sunday headliner plans, I'll be in jpt for friendly fires so maybe stay on for streets then

Yeowing will never die. Wooop there it is can fuck right off though. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, shuttlep said:

sounds like a cop out to me.

they say they have to get more female DJ's and I get that, but if it is Annie Mac shows they have not put much thought in to it. There are better woman out there

Agree with this. Weak DJ who doesn't dig very deep at all. 

Possibility the BBC have put their foot in and want one of their DJs playing to broadcast it?

Fingers crossed for a massive secret name

3 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I went to Lovebox last year, and had to stop watching Floorplan because it was just full of young people shouting Whoop There it is. 

I’ve got a ticket for this year, was already a bit worried about the crowd. 

Regarding Junction 2, it seems like all London festivals have insane amounts of security. Kind of kills the vibe to be honest, feel like a portion of these guys think they work for the DEA and take their job far too seriously. 

46 minutes ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

Agree with this. Weak DJ who doesn't dig very deep at all. 

Possibility the BBC have put their foot in and want one of their DJs playing to broadcast it?

Fingers crossed for a massive secret name

Hoping Kevin Saunderson is on site a day early to take that Pangea slot!