Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

17 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Not attached to any really. Considering sacking both, saving my legs and getting stuck into S.E.C then I think probably never get to see The Cure again but can’t be arsed with the crowds. I’ve seen The Streets before but two classic albums. I dunno!

Shit. I try and prioritise people I've never seen. Particularly if there's only a slim chance of seeing them in the future. But if you're doing Kylie then bollocks to being at The Pyramid two separate times in one day if it can be avoided.

There's something really nice about being in the SEC in plenty of time without the stress. Particularly on the final day when everyone is only just holding it together.

Personally I was thinking Streets > Reef > Max Cooper. But I know that is very ambitious. 

4 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

Right, need help! Out of all her sets, where’s the best place to see Haai? I need to make some serious plans for my late night wanders.

She really loves going at it hard, I think Genosys will be quite something 

9 hours ago, zero000 said:

Some shocking clashes there but a fantastic lineup overall. I've never been able to get into the beat hotel and have an enjoyable time as it always seems absolutely Dave Rodiagned every time I go. Is it worth sitting it out? 

Yes. Go in as small a group as possible and commit to getting past the entrance and back third of the tent where all the mess-heads, dealers and 'stopping by because I recognised the name's congregate. There is space further forward and off to the sides and vibes to be found. We've tended to go there more as a secondary option in the past particularly when we wanted shelter from the rain/sun but the lineup looks vintage this year and I'll be in there a couple of times for sure.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

@bennyhana22, now the full lineup is out and with the impressive additions to the Beat Hotel, what are your overall thoughts? 

One moment caller...

...planning to post my Electronic Glastonbury shortly with my probable itinerary!

(in direct response to your question - flippin' 'eck it's a strong line-up!)

Back soon!

Ben

13 hours ago, JC-Mo'Fucka said:

Is the wow stage still pretty cack? They always have decent dj's but I never consider going because it's been a waste in the past, especially pre-10pm 

It's alright, but I guess that is dependent on a number of factors.

Thursday night when there's not much on elsewhere and J.E.S.u.S are playing it's pointless. I saw sardines approaching the tent and turning straight around at the sight of how busy it was in there.

For Forest Swords in 2017 it was mostly empty and so was good! Sound is nothing more than 'OK', but adequately OK.

Ben

13 hours ago, JC-Mo'Fucka said:

Is the wow stage still pretty cack? They always have decent dj's but I never consider going because it's been a waste in the past, especially pre-10pm 

Caught a bit of Kate Tempest and Four Tet in there one evening a few years back. For such a packed tent the atmosphere was dull as dishwater. Shame really, it’s put me off going back this year. 

25 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Interesting post from Jackmaster. Really respect how open and honest he has been.

Glad to see him back myself, what he did was wrong but it was an isolated incident. Doesn’t deserve his life ruining over a mistake. The lad clearly had a some issues like and his ald man dying probably sent him spiralling out of control. 

23 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Interesting post from Jackmaster. Really respect how open and honest he has been.

I agree. Abhorrent behaviour but he, like most deserves the opportunity the put things right and I guess you have to accept that this explanation/apology is a genuine one. He's done the right thing by taking an extended break. I'd like to see him become a spokesperson for how not to treat people, particularly women and maybe something positive could come from this situation eventually? 

21 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'd like to see him become a spokesperson for how not to treat people, particularly women and maybe something positive could come from this situation eventually? 

Care to elaborate on this? Seems like a massive stretch and a bit of an odd thing to say.

He's got a massive fan base of predominantly young guys.  If he can spread the word that it's not OK and that he was a massive c**t surely that's a good thing, no?

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

He's got a massive fan base of predominantly young guys.  If he can spread the word that it's not OK and that he was a massive c**t surely that's a good thing, no?

This does not make someone a spokesperson.

Obviously I don't disagree with your point.

Edited by Tuna

47 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I agree. Abhorrent behaviour but he, like most deserves the opportunity the put things right and I guess you have to accept that this explanation/apology is a genuine one. He's done the right thing by taking an extended break. I'd like to see him become a spokesperson for how not to treat people, particularly women and maybe something positive could come from this situation eventually? 

Lost Village have some really interesting talks with artists, usually followed by a Q&A. Does Glastonbury have this sort of thing? Peggy Gou was really interesting to listen to.